[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Davante Gardner First Pro Game  (Read 86657 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: Davante Gardner First Pro Game
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2014, 06:26:49 PM »
It has been mentioned repeatedly, but he turned it the same coaching "performance" as he did in other years.

The team just wasn't very good...and that's on Buzz. 

Buzz playing the guys you wanted him to play wouldn't have necessarily made the team better, it might have made it worse.

I trust that Buzz knew enough about the team that he was making the decisions he thought gave us the best chance to win.  I don't buy into any of your whacky conspiracy theories...sorry , but I don't.

No worries....lots of people choose to bury their head in the sand.   ;)

And you are greatly mistaken in that Buzz did NOT coach the team as he had in prior years.  Buzz never "lost" any of his previous year's teams...but he completely lost last year's squad...and key contributors:  Jamil, Devante...as well as Steve Taylor and JJJ.  He blamed a lack of leadership, yet he's the freaking head coach...and if after 4 years in his program Jamil or Devante didn't develop the leadership traits Buzz desired, then that's on Buzz as a leader.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2014, 06:41:10 PM »
It has been mentioned repeatedly, but he turned it the same coaching "performance" as he did in other years.

The team just wasn't very good...and that's on Buzz. 

Buzz playing the guys you wanted him to play wouldn't have necessarily made the team better, it might have made it worse.

I trust that Buzz knew enough about the team that he was making the decisions he thought gave us the best chance to win.  I don't buy into any of your whacky conspiracy theories...sorry , but I don't.

I watched all the games last year, and unless Buzz had sent out a 13 year old with zero experience in basketball, it would have been hard to make that team worse.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2014, 07:06:19 PM »
Why does everyone on this site seem so set on calling others out? I don't get it. We are all fans of the same team.

Million $$$ question
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2014, 07:51:10 PM »
Nukem is right. It's on you.

You're neither important enough nor are we naive enough that you need to play bodyguard in every single thread. Chicos may be a problem to some but you lead the braggadocio brigade into the gates of redundancy far too often to claim innocence.

1. Who's we?
2. When did I ever claim to be important? You've got me confused with your boy.
3. Braggadocio Brigade isn't bad, but you've got the wrong leader.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2014, 07:57:25 PM »
I watched all the games last year, and unless Buzz had sent out a 13 year old with zero experience in basketball, it would have been hard to make that team worse.

Guess you haven't seen DePaul play the last 10 years.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2014, 08:08:54 PM »
Welcome TJ.  We sincerely hope you become a fan of Marquette basketball.  Fr. Marquette certainly wasn't German or Italian you know.  Please keep us somewhat informed about Davante.  He was truly loved during his 4 years on campus.  And if it hadn't been explained to you, Marquette students started the chant of 'Automatic' as he stepped to the free throw line. It was something he and his family encouraged and enjoyed.  Starting the chant in your town would make him feel right at home.  I'll bet there's footage on the internet somewhere. 

Lastly, we all need to come up with a cool French screen name for you!  Again, welcome!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »
Parle pour toi   ;)

Je c'adore.  Bien joué.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2014, 10:01:56 PM »
Guess you haven't seen DePaul play the last 10 years.

Well the talent level of DePaul is a bit less then what Marquette had to offer.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2014, 10:14:08 PM »

And they have beaten us in the last ten years.
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2014, 10:17:32 PM »
Je c'adore.  Bien joué.

I have no idea what you said.

We're you wearing a beret and sitting in a Prius when you typed that post?   ;)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2014, 10:17:36 PM »

True, my point was it's not impossible to imagine a team being worse than we were last year. More than 250 D1 teams were worse than us last year - we could have been a whole lot worse.

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2014, 10:18:54 PM »
True, my point was it's not impossible to imagine a team being worse than we were last year. More than 250 D1 teams were worse than us last year - we could have been a whole lot worse.

What I was getting to was, with the players Marquette had/has it would have been hard to imagine a worse outcome given any rotation that Buzz would have thrown out there.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2014, 10:22:28 PM »
What I was getting to was, with the players Marquette had/has it would have been hard to imagine a worse outcome given any rotation that Buzz would have thrown out there.

Before last year I would have agreed.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:59 PM »
Welcome TJ.  We sincerely hope you become a fan of Marquette basketball.  Fr. Marquette certainly wasn't German or Italian you know.  Please keep us somewhat informed about Davante.  He was truly loved during his 4 years on campus.  And if it hadn't been explained to you, Marquette students started the chant of 'Automatic' as he stepped to the free throw line. It was something he and his family encouraged and enjoyed.  Starting the chant in your town would make him feel right at home.  I'll bet there's footage on the internet somewhere. 

Lastly, we all need to come up with a cool French screen name for you!  Again, welcome!

Thanks JS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2014, 10:44:12 PM »

Davante is becoming slimmer at the present time

The more things change -- even a change of country! -- the more they stay the same.

For much of his time at Marquette, I kept hearing how Gardner had lost weight or was in the process of losing weight. And yet every time I saw him, he looked the exact same, or at least within a pound or 10 of how big he always was.

And now here he is in France, and he is "becoming slimmer," yet I can see he still needs a manssiere! Too funny.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2014, 11:13:40 PM »
Forever, you've got  9,241 posts.  Looks like about 9,200 of them are immature (and not particularly funny) jokes about other people's posts, aina?

HA!

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2014, 11:18:58 PM »
Forever, you've got  9,241 posts.  Looks like about 9,200 of them are immature (and not particularly funny) jokes about other people's posts, aina?

Well done.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2014, 11:56:23 PM »
The more things change -- even a change of country! -- the more they stay the same.

For much of his time at Marquette, I kept hearing how Gardner had lost weight or was in the process of losing weight. And yet every time I saw him, he looked the exact same, or at least within a pound or 10 of how big he always was.

And now here he is in France, and he is "becoming slimmer," yet I can see he still needs a manssiere! Too funny.

Dat science my friend.

Weight does not equal mass. At Marquette he was losing weight but not mass due to him putting on da muscle. While in France their having him lose weight and not put on muscle, resulting in him being slimmer. Silly goose.

TJThompson

• Walk-On
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2014, 12:32:09 AM »
Davante rotation is injured for the game.Also, poward forward isn't here.  He will probably play more and more minutes

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2014, 02:00:36 AM »

I think he certainly looks a bit slimmer in that pic.  Personally I wonder if he has a thyroid problem causing weight problems. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2014, 04:56:45 AM »
Brilliant.  Speaking of Buzz:  Do you feel he turned in a good coaching performance last year?  Curious to get your thoughts?

I think he coached his balls off and werked as hard last year as he ever had.  I think he tried to win every game all the time.  Injuries, transfers, leaving early, some talent evaluation misses, players not developing as projected, etc., all led to a season that no one wanted

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2014, 06:01:50 AM »
Yours would translate to "The Beef Car."

L'Autoboeuf is a great nickname. Ranks right up there with Rusty Staub's nickname of Le Grand Orange when he was with the Montreal Expos.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2014, 06:06:22 AM »
I think he coached his balls off and werked as hard last year as he ever had.  I think he tried to win every game all the time.  Injuries, transfers, leaving early, some talent evaluation misses, players not developing as projected, etc., all led to a season that no one wanted
"Watson, you see, but you do nor observe" remarked Holmes to the River rat.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2014, 09:01:49 AM »
I have no idea what you said.

We're you wearing a beret and sitting in a Prius when you typed that post?   ;)

It was what the French call le ironie.  For those of you who don't parlez Francais, le ironie is French for, "the irony."

It was also an entendre double.  Which is also French for "double entendre."  But that one's a little more difficult to figure out.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:04:13 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2014, 09:16:14 AM »
It was what the French call le ironie.  For those of you who don't parlez Francais, le ironie is French for, "the irony."

It was also an entendre double.  Which is also French for "double entendre."  But that one's a little more difficult to figure out.

Doh! Everyone knows double entendre means you paid for it twice.