[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Davante Gardner First Pro Game  (Read 86656 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Davante Gardner First Pro Game
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2014, 08:04:20 AM »
I agree definitively with your words.

His french coach said that he has to lose 5 kilograms to be more mobile ( in French League B, you have many "little" centers with great mobility ) . Also, he said that Davante has got golden hands on offense . And it's the truth

Davante profits from a very good young playmaker ( 21 years old and French International second team ).

PS : Davante plays with a Milwaukee borner, Charlie Westbrook point guard from South Dakota

TJ, welcome to MUScoop. Thanks for finding us! It's so cool that we will have our very own "French Connection."  Please continue to keep us posted.

I am sure Davante will become a fan favorite just like he was at Marquette.  He has a great personality that really shines through on the court. Just keep him away from the cream sauces.

By the way,  your English is just fine. For probably all of us on this board,  it's much better than our French.

Have some patience, FFS.

ttheisen

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2014, 08:30:57 AM »
Very cool to have a local source, welcome to the site TJ!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2014, 08:41:17 AM »
TJ, welcome to MUScoop. Thanks for finding us! It's so cool that we will have our very own "French Connection."  Please continue to keep us posted.

I am sure Davante will become a fan favorite just like he was at Marquette.  He has a great personality that really shines through on the court. Just keep him away from the cream sauces.

By the way,  your English is just fine. For probably all of us on this board,  it's much better than our French.

Parle pour toi   ;)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2014, 08:43:55 AM »
I agree definitively with your words.

His french coach said that he has to lose 5 kilograms to be more mobile ( in French League B, you have many "little" centers with great mobility ) . Also, he said that Davante has got golden hands on offense . And it's the truth

Davante profits from a very good young playmaker ( 21 years old and French International second team ).

PS : Davante plays with a Milwaukee borner, Charlie Westbrook point guard from South Dakota

Hey keep posting please.  And your English is better than most of ours!

TJThompson

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2014, 09:00:42 AM »
Thanks to all,

Next game tomorrow as part of Leader's Cup ( different tournament in the championship with geographical game which not include in the same ranking.) Anyway, it's complicated !

We can follow Davante's performance on this website ( http://www.lnb.fr/ ) . On the right of this website, you can click on Pro B

8:30 PM in France, means 1:30 PM Milwaukee local time ( Friday October 24 th)

Apparently, the game will be broadcasted if you click on " LNB TV "
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:03:22 AM by TJThompson »

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2014, 09:24:12 AM »
This is awesome. I would LOVE to get Davante updates on the reg!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2014, 09:54:37 AM »
I think this is great, though admit to nearly peein' myself when misinterpreted Gardner playin' with a "Milwaukee borner." First thought was maybe he ought to sit down before it gets embarassin', aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 10:09:03 AM »
I think this is great, though admit to nearly peein' myself when misinterpreted Gardner playin' with a "Milwaukee borner." First thought was maybe he ought to sit down before it gets embarassin', aina?

Forever, you've got  9,241 posts.  Looks like about 9,200 of them are immature (and not particularly funny) jokes about other people's posts, aina?
Have some patience, FFS.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 10:10:43 AM »
Had he done that, he wouldn't have been able to brag about being in France for work or all the busy important meetings he had

Indeed. All we can hope for now is that everything works out for Chicos at Cannes.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 10:20:54 AM »
Looking at the schedule for Davante's new team, Hyeres-Toulon plays 34 games from 10/3/14 to 5/22/15.  That's a rather leisurely pace.  Davante will have plenty of time to check out that French cuisine...   ;)

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2014, 01:11:30 PM »
I have a couple of questions:

In relation to the B and A leagues. How well watched are both of them? When was the last time that Gardner's team made it to the A league? Are there high levels of talent in both A and B or are most of the top in the A? Has Gardner been getting more and more playing time each game? And last question, can you make a guide to navigate the LNB site so I can watch some streams of the games if they have them?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2014, 01:24:17 PM »
Indeed. All we can hope for now is that everything works out for Chicos at Cannes.

It's not the incessant name/place dropping, it's who's doing the name/place dropping. LOL

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2014, 01:36:18 PM »
TJ thanks so much for the updates on L'Autoboeuf! This is great for us to be able to follow his career and get your insight. Keep the Beef Car updates coming!

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2014, 02:45:58 PM »

It's not the incessant name/place dropping, it's who's doing the name/place dropping. LOL

Enough already... >:(

TJThompson

• Walk-On
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2014, 02:47:17 PM »
I have a couple of questions:

In relation to the B and A leagues. How well watched are both of them? When was the last time that Gardner's team made it to the A league? Are there high levels of talent in both A and B or are most of the top in the A? Has Gardner been getting more and more playing time each game? And last question, can you make a guide to navigate the LNB site so I can watch some streams of the games if they have them?

So, HTV played in Pro A ( first french division ) to 2001 up 2012. Since 2013, HTV plays in Pro B. During Pro A years, HTV played EuroChallenge ( third euro competition  in relation to Euroleague )
The only way to follow french games is LNB website. But if tomorrow it's possible to watch the HTV game, it's uncommon to have the possibility .. ( mentioned by " LNB TV " at the bottom of the game )
On this website, you have a Direct Live text without the video..
However after the game, you can watch highlights of the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fuCT-CjcIw ( like that Davante #10 yellow )

Concerning the levels of French league, i think there is a big difference between A and B. Knowing that, in League A you have the right to have 5 americans players versus 3 on League B.
To Example, there was few players who played in France and became NBA player ( Bruce Bowen, Thabo Sefolosha). On the other hand, you have ex NBA player who played or play actually in France. Ricky Davis ( Roanne 2011 ), David Andersen this year with Tony Parker team , Demetris Nichols, Pop Mensah Bonsuh, David Noel etc..

Will Solomon, playmaker ex Sacramento, Toronto plays this year for Antibes ( same division of HTV ). Tomorrow, Davante will play against Solomon..

During his first two games, Davante did not play many minutes because of fouls ( early on the game .. ). And like i said, his coach want to Davante loses few kilograms. But, gradually, he will be on the starting five.

I hope that i answered to your questions  ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:50:48 PM by TJThompson »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2014, 02:48:37 PM »
Enough already... >:(

Boy, wouldn't it be nice.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2014, 03:27:27 PM »
Easy, just do it.  That's on you.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2014, 03:31:55 PM »
Hey Ners...Sounds like the French coach is just as dumb as Buzz.  Maybe Dawson should pull a Todd Mayo and get on over there to run some point for them.  A League here we come!!!

Shark

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2014, 03:52:44 PM »
Hey Ners...Sounds like the French coach is just as dumb as Buzz.  Maybe Dawson should pull a Todd Mayo and get on over there to run some point for them.  A League here we come!!!

Why does everyone on this site seem so set on calling others out? I don't get it. We are all fans of the same team.

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2014, 04:09:48 PM »
Why does everyone on this site seem so set on calling others out? I don't get it. We are all fans of the same team.

Hubris

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 04:35:24 PM »
Bored retired guys?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 04:58:53 PM »

Nukem is right. It's on you.

You're neither important enough nor are we naive enough that you need to play bodyguard in every single thread. Chicos may be a problem to some but you lead the braggadocio brigade into the gates of redundancy far too often to claim innocence.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 05:02:32 PM »

Brilliant.  Speaking of Buzz:  Do you feel he turned in a good coaching performance last year?  Curious to get your thoughts?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 06:06:10 PM »
Brilliant.  Speaking of Buzz:  Do you feel he turned in a good coaching performance last year?  Curious to get your thoughts?
It has been mentioned repeatedly, but he turned it the same coaching "performance" as he did in other years.

The team just wasn't very good...and that's on Buzz. 

Buzz playing the guys you wanted him to play wouldn't have necessarily made the team better, it might have made it worse.

I trust that Buzz knew enough about the team that he was making the decisions he thought gave us the best chance to win.  I don't buy into any of your whacky conspiracy theories...sorry , but I don't.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2014, 06:21:00 PM »
Hello,

I'm a french fan of Hyères Toulon Var Basket.
First, i'm apolozige for my english.

Davante played his first two games in France. I wish to share my opinion with you
Davante is a great player, he's very strong near the restraining circle.Good on the free-throw line. Nobody for the moment can stop this player in offense.

He has just few problems concerning fouls ( fouled out for his last game ). Indeed, Euro and American are very different in that case. Referees are very strict with points of fouls and it's thruth that he needs time to adapt his game to Euro rules.

Davante is becoming slimmer at the present time and i 'm very happy that my club hired this player.
To example, Davante plays with the same coulours that Marquette ( Yellow and Blue )

He's in confidence and he has a good relationship with his teamates

Don't hesitate to ask me some news about Davante in his pro life

See you soon

Tj, 

Next time you are at a game and Davante is shooting freethrows, start chanting "automatic, automatic", so he can hear you.

I guarantee he will smile. 

Welcome to scoop. 

feedback