[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Milli's NBA hopes  (Read 9883 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Milli's NBA hopes
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 12:49:12 PM »
It's funny I remember watching him in summer league and thinking "that is not the same guy who played for MU" he has a legit shot if he keeps playing agressive like he has been.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 01:14:26 PM »
It's funny I remember watching him in summer league and thinking "that is not the same guy who played for MU" he has a legit shot if he keeps playing agressive like he has been.

I've heard he's actually living up to his potential now kinda like buycks after MU. Shame if he stepped up like this last year we might have done better.   
Maigh Eo for Sam

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 01:42:07 PM »
I thought he looked good in the summer league. He will definitely get a chance in the league.

Desert_warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 01:44:47 PM »
The problem is that the Sun's roster is pretty much full and he is pretty far down on the depth chart. I think they already have the max of 15 guaranteed contracts.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 01:48:08 PM »
If there's a league in South Korea, he looks ready.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ttheisen

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 01:51:17 PM »
The problem is that the Sun's roster is pretty much full and he is pretty far down on the depth chart. I think they already have the max of 15 guaranteed contracts.

Correct

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/PHO.html

17 under contract, 15 guaranteed 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »
What? Does this reflect that the phony cowboy was not the motivator that a few on this board, and Buzz himself professed he was?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 03:03:26 PM »
Hey Gery--Henry Ellenson is the Rice Lake standout, not john.

I think GW has been spending way too much time around Mike Hunt.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 03:09:36 PM »
Hey Gery--Henry Ellenson is the Rice Lake standout, not john.

I think GW has been spending way too much time around Mike Hunt.
Maybe GW finally caught up to John's committment back in the 80s...   ;)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »
What? Does this reflect that the phony cowboy was not the motivator that a few on this board, and Buzz himself professed he was?

Oregon, Summer Leagues, MU as a redshirt - Jamil was always a great practice player. Let's wait until he's Wesley Mathews in real NBA games before we crown him. From what I know he's a wonderful young man and I truly wish him the best, but I'm thinking Europe.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 03:06:38 AM »
I too hope Jamil would step up and be "the man" like much of his "senior" brethren: Jae, Lazar, Jimmy, Vander. All guys who, in their final year at MU, really became the BMOC.

But Jamil's personality wasn't like that at all.

Best of luck and hope to see that first League game you play in, Jamil!
SS Marquette

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 06:42:08 AM »
It's clear Wojo wants HE so badly that he's willing to offer the whole family scholarships.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 07:15:01 AM »
Jamil is not an NBA player.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 08:44:52 AM »
It's clear Wojo wants HE so badly that he's willing to offer the whole family scholarships.

Nice.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 03:10:48 PM »
I too hope Jamil would step up and be "the man" like much of his "senior" brethren: Jae, Lazar, Jimmy, Vander. All guys who, in their final year at MU, really became the BMOC.

But Jamil's personality wasn't like that at all.

Best of luck and hope to see that first League game you play in, Jamil!

None of those guys were surrounded with a lineup of Derrick, Jack, Juan and Chris.  Doesn't surprise Jamil looks like a different player, when playing with guys who can play at the other 4 positions.

Posted in plenty of times, yet still haven't heard one rebuttal that would answer anyone other than Jamil:  You are an opposing coach and you face a starting lineup of Derrick, Jake, Juan, Jamil and Chris - which guy are you going to try to take away?

It's a team game, and when you are surrounded with extremely limited offensive skill guys - pretty hard to put the team on your back and make it a winner.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 04:15:04 PM »
None of those guys were surrounded with a lineup of Derrick, Jack, Juan and Chris.  Doesn't surprise Jamil looks like a different player, when playing with guys who can play at the other 4 positions.

Posted in plenty of times, yet still haven't heard one rebuttal that would answer anyone other than Jamil:  You are an opposing coach and you face a starting lineup of Derrick, Jake, Juan, Jamil and Chris - which guy are you going to try to take away?

It's a team game, and when you are surrounded with extremely limited offensive skill guys - pretty hard to put the team on your back and make it a winner.

True DJO Jae and jimmy had other guys.  But man I think lazar showed us that even when jimmy and DJO weren't hot he would still carry the team.  Something you didn't see from Jamil. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 11:09:33 PM »

No argument.

Of course, Jamil still mostly underachieved even when the lineup included Burton, Davante and Mayo. When Dawson had his big game against GT and Derrick hardly played, Jamil had 10 points on 2-for-7 shooting.

Davante was hampered by the same crappy backcourt last season - even more hampered, because unlike Jamil he couldn't create a shot for himself and was victimized by the defense sagging on him - but he had the best offensive season of his career. Unlike Gardner, Jamil either wasn't good enough or tough enough to overcome adversity.

Jamil had a few good games in 2013-14 but mostly was a huge disappointment on the basketball court during his time at Marquette. He won't make the Suns and it will be very surprising if he gets more than a cup of coffee in the NBA.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 08:56:37 AM »

The rebuttal is obvious: you're being totally disingenuous. What coach would "game plan" for a line up that was out there for 4 or 5 minutes out of 40? The line up that was out there the majority of the time included Todd and Davante. You know that, everyone on the board knows that and every coach we played against knew it too. Stop it.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 09:54:12 AM »
The rebuttal is obvious: you're being totally disingenuous. What coach would "game plan" for a line up that was out there for 4 or 5 minutes out of 40? The line up that was out there the majority of the time included Todd and Davante. You know that, everyone on the board knows that and every coach we played against knew it too. Stop it.

Ahh....no.  Derrick and Jake played more minutes than any other guys on the team.  Otule averaged around 15.  Todd, only 23. 

Jamil spent many painful minutes having to play with Derrick, Jake, Chris and Juan (to a lesser extent).

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 10:32:56 AM »
Ahh....no.  Derrick and Jake played more minutes than any other guys on the team.  Otule averaged around 15.  Todd, only 23. 

Jamil spent many painful minutes having to play with Derrick, Jake, Chris and Juan (to a lesser extent).

Ox and Mayo played 574 more minutes than Chris and Juan, and that's in spite of Mayo's inuries/suspension.  Deonte, JJJ and Dawson combined for roughly the same amount of minutes as Chris and Juan. Chris played 40% of the time, Juan 30%. To suggest that opposing coaches "game planned" around them being in the lineup together is BS.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 12:55:45 PM »
Ox and Mayo played 574 more minutes than Chris and Juan, and that's in spite of Mayo's inuries/suspension.  Deonte, JJJ and Dawson combined for roughly the same amount of minutes as Chris and Juan. Chris played 40% of the time, Juan 30%. To suggest that opposing coaches "game planned" around them being in the lineup together is BS.

Which is laughable.

As was the 900+ minutes given to Derrick and Jake.  Missed NIT.  After being predicted to win the Big East.  With more returning experience than ever before in Buzz's tenure.  Was always so funny how Buzz lamented about how inexperienced his teams were in his early years....then when he has a team loaded of guys he recruited and had in the program for years....he has his worst year and laments that the leadership is lacking.  LOL.  In my view, the buck on leadership stops at the door of the head coach.  If after 4 years in your program, you haven't developed guys who could be on court leaders, well, then apparently your leadership approach isn't working.

Desert_warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 06:48:15 PM »
Looks like Jamil was cut by the Suns today.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 09:03:25 PM »
Looks like Jamil was cut by the Suns today.
Sorry to hear that. I wonder if his chances would have been better if he stayed with Wizards.

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2014, 09:09:53 AM »
Nice.

I heard his H.Ellenson's neighbor and barber were offered scholarships too...   ;D

And Jamil had 0 Chance of making the Suns to begin with..... Maybe D-League or Overseas but he just doesn't have the NBA "IT" right now and if a player cant contribute to a roster from day 1 they probably wont be signed....
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:27:39 AM by Nevada233 »

feedback