Maximilian Langenfeld by Jay Bee
[Today at 08:30:29 PM]

Academic All Americans by Jay Bee
[Today at 08:29:00 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 07:57:45 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[Today at 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I know Wojo is really going after Henry Ellenson...  (Read 8332 times)

GGGG

• All American
I know Wojo is really going after Henry Ellenson...
« on: September 29, 2014, 01:05:16 PM »
...but I don't know if I have ever seen a coach go so far as to open a restaurant in a player's hometown before.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wojos-Pub-Grill/441856295935978

GOO

• All American
Re: I know Wojo is really going after Henry Ellenson...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 02:18:50 PM »
Impressive effort by coach Wojo  :P  But could he get some healthier food options.  It is hard to believe that people actually still eat like that... 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 03:21:50 PM »
Impressive effort by coach Wojo  :P  But could he get some healthier food options.  It is hard to believe that people actually still eat like that... 

Maybe they figure that the volleyball and horseshoes will work it off. ;)

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 03:26:43 PM »

So, you're in the Bloomberg camp?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 03:44:55 PM »
I love the Healthy Option, "Broiled Fish." It's a mountain of Onion Rings and French Fries, a jug of tartar sauce, and a dixie cup with some fish.

Death on call

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 03:51:08 PM »
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

GOO

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 04:29:54 PM »
So, you're in the Bloomberg camp?
No, but I do have to say that I don't enjoy paying for people's health care costs when they regularly eat stuff like that... I can see eating it a couple of times a year.

But, I don't want to take away people's right to eat what they want even if it leads to needing massive amounts of health care services and surgeries that they could have avoided.

Since between 66% to 70% of our hospital admissions would be unnecessary if people ate better and got some exercise, maybe I should be in the Bloomberg camp. It would cut down on health care costs, that is for certain.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 04:40:55 PM »
No, but I do have to say that I don't enjoy paying for people's health care costs when they regularly eat stuff like that... I can see eating it a couple of times a year.

But, I don't want to take away people's right to eat what they want even if it leads to needing massive amounts of health care services and surgeries that they could have avoided.

Since between 66% to 70% of our hospital admissions would be unnecessary if people ate better and got some exercise, maybe I should be in the Bloomberg camp. It would cut down on health care costs, that is for certain.
Mods, those footsteps are the sound of me backtracking.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 05:18:28 PM »
I love the Healthy Option, "Broiled Fish." It's a mountain of Onion Rings and French Fries, a jug of tartar sauce, and a dixie cup with some fish.
just need a couple of Blatz to wash it all down.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 05:19:43 PM »

Is that you, Michelle?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 07:11:57 PM »
just need a couple of Blatz to wash it all down.

And a couple shots of Blackberry brandy.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 07:43:03 PM »
That's is hilarious! Thanks for sharing!
SS Marquette

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 09:41:46 PM »
When I worked in the St. Paul metro I dated a woman from Cumberland.  We would frequent Rice Lake quite often as it was the closest place with a Walmart and movie theater.  The city is right on the lake.  Always thought it would be a nice place to retire to.  But after a number of years in NC, the blood has thinned too much.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 08:33:53 AM »
I love this thread..I'm geeking out over here.
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 10:18:52 AM »
When I worked in the St. Paul metro I dated a woman from Cumberland.  We would frequent Rice Lake quite often as it was the closest place with a Walmart and movie theater.  The city is right on the lake.  Always thought it would be a nice place to retire to.  But after a number of years in NC, the blood has thinned too much.
What Lake is that? Oops--of course, Lake Rice.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 10:22:01 AM »

Might be in the Emanuel/Michelle camp.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 10:39:17 AM »
Wojo's Pub & Grill
September 15, 2013 near Chetek, WI
We had an AMAZING turnout yesterday!! Food was superb, Polka and DJ went off with a BANG!! Thank-You to all who came out, supported us and partied!! Hope to see you all again soon!

God bless the state of Wisconsin...
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 11:41:23 AM »

I am not in the Bloomberg camp...people should be free to eat and drink whatever they want...but I am in the camp that says people who choose to live unhealthy lifestyles should bear the resulting financial costs.  If you are overweight or smoke and don't take steps to improve your health, your health insurance premiums should be a multiple of mine. 

One of my biggest pet peeves are people who blame their health issues on age, when in actuality it is the way in which they have maintained their bodies.  No one feels sorry for a guy who never changes the oil in his car and then the engine blows up.
Have some patience, FFS.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 11:41:43 AM »
Wojo loves exclamation points

chapman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »
And some volleyball nets in back.  Bet the Ellensons have never lost a game here.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 12:16:49 PM »
Back in the early 80's my family would spend 1-2 weeks a summer at my aunt & uncle's small cabins on Long Lake.  Being a pre-teen with little to know interest in fishing, I actually looked forward to the 1 or 2 trips to the "big city" of Rice Lake to see a movie or go bowling.  I'll never forget the time we went on one of those trips to Rice Lake and on the way back we saw what looked like crumpled up sheets of aluminum (plywood sized) in the tree tops because a "small" tornado had passed through.  Scary.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 12:48:29 PM »
Might be in the Emanuel/Michelle camp.

This is supposed to be a non-political board; must you (and to a lesser extent Chico's) constantly fling your wingnuttery around?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 01:31:48 PM »
I am not in the Bloomberg camp...people should be free to eat and drink whatever they want...but I am in the camp that says people who choose to live unhealthy lifestyles should bear the resulting financial costs.  If you are overweight or smoke and don't take steps to improve your health, your health insurance premiums should be a multiple of mine. 

One of my biggest pet peeves are people who blame their health issues on age, when in actuality it is the way in which they have maintained their bodies.  No one feels sorry for a guy who never changes the oil in his car and then the engine blows up.
Thank you. Well said.  It is about personal responsibility and accepting the results of our choices and not expecting others to pay us for those choices.  About as far as one can get from the Obama thought process.  People should be free to do as they generally please, but don't expect "society" to pay you for those personal choices.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 01:35:03 PM »
Thank you. Well said.  It is about personal responsibility and accepting the results of our choices and not expecting others to pay us for those choices.  About as far as one can get from the Obama thought process.  People should be free to do as they generally please, but don't expect "society" to pay you for those personal choices.

You seem to be emphasizing the ability to make choices a lot. Are you consistent with that thought process or do you pick and choose which choices people should be allowed to make like most who are far from the "Obama thought process"
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback