[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: the "how did the Ellenson visit go?" thread  (Read 49925 times)

Litehouse

• All American
Re: the "how did the Ellenson visit go?" thread
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2014, 09:34:05 AM »
nm
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:48:52 AM by Ellenson Lite »

Hey DeDe

• Walk-On
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2014, 09:38:07 AM »
nm
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 03:43:25 PM by Hey DeDe »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2014, 10:26:41 AM »
I just wanted to contribute to this because I didn't see it anywhere else...

At the President Lovell event in Chicago on Tuesday, he actually mentioned Henry's visit in his remarks and said that his family commented on how aligned himself, Wojo and Scholl were when it came to the university and what it had to offer him.

Are you sure you heard that correctly? I have it on very good authority that the acoustics were terrible

Death on call

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2014, 10:47:39 AM »
Are you sure you heard that correctly? I have it on very good authority that the acoustics were terrible
I kept hearing Henry "Peters."

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2014, 10:50:43 AM »

What Hey DeDe shared is accurate (not sure what was deleted, of course) .. I was there too.  Lovell also noted that if Henry commits to MU it would constitute the best class since the McGuire era -- and to expect big things from the program in the future.  Lovell was gushing just a bit about the program & Wojo ... he was also proud to point out that each of the key athletic department roles were filled quickly, with leaders he has a lot of confidence in (2 coaches, AD).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:15:19 AM by NYWarrior »

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2014, 11:18:23 AM »
I kept hearing Henry "Peters."

This almost had me shooting soda out of my nose.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2014, 11:26:21 AM »
What Hey DeDe shared is accurate (not sure what was deleted, of course) .. I was there too.  Lovell also noted that if Henry commits to MU it would constitute the best class since the McGuire era -- and to expect big things from the program in the future.  Lovell was gushing just a bit about the program & Wojo ... he was also proud to point out that each of the key athletic department roles were filled quickly, with leaders he has a lot of confidence in (2 coaches, AD).

Unlike Henry simply talking to reporters on the spur of the moment at Madness, Lovell's comments actually would seem to be a recruiting violation.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2014, 12:33:57 PM »

I have been hearing the same things.  Have heard we may be on the verge of something very, very special.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2014, 12:43:04 PM »
Unlike Henry simply talking to reporters on the spur of the moment at Madness, Lovell's comments actually would seem to be a recruiting violation.

Yeah did Lovell mention Henry by name?  My understanding is that Marquette can't speak publicly about a recruit until he is signed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2014, 01:08:31 PM »

Yeah did Lovell mention Henry by name?  My understanding is that Marquette can't speak publicly about a recruit until he is signed.

(I don't know the answer to your question, just thinking out loud if the answer is, "Yes.")  Could it be different if a recruit's brother is in the program already?  Could he have mentioned the Ellenson family without specifically mentioning Henry?  Would that be legal?

I'm sure BeeJay will come to the rescue in 3...2...1...

P.S. QUEENS SKOLL!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2014, 01:12:49 PM »
(I don't know the answer to your question, just thinking out loud if the answer is, "Yes.")  Could it be different if a recruit's brother is in the program already?  Could he have mentioned the Ellenson family without specifically mentioning Henry?  Would that be legal?

I'm sure BeeJay will come to the rescue in 3...2...1...

P.S. QUEENS SKOLL!

If the answer to these questions is, "We're screwed," then I guess the tin foilers were onto something.  This is just Lovell being a puppet of Larry and turning us into SLU.  Bert throwing games so he could leave earlier was all part of the plan as well.  Ners really was onto something here.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »
We've received several requests to delete posts from this thread.  Let me state a couple things:

1) If Lovell committed a recruiting violation, it is up to Marquette to report that.  I'm not here to cover things up for Marquette.

2) If you don't know what was said (like me), it's best not to speculate, or rely on some random internet post to get all freaked out.  Instead, I recommend you just keep checking back here for updates.  If nothing else is said, there's no problem.  Just don't comment unless you have something valuable to add.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2014, 02:58:41 PM »
Just don't comment unless you have something valuable to add.

This will save on bandwidth.  Like 99%!

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2014, 04:27:04 PM »
We've received several requests to delete posts from this thread.  Let me state a couple things:

1) If Lovell committed a recruiting violation, it is up to Marquette to report that.  I'm not here to cover things up for Marquette.

2) If you don't know what was said (like me), it's best not to speculate, or rely on some random internet post to get all freaked out.  Instead, I recommend you just keep checking back here for updates.  If nothing else is said, there's no problem.  Just don't comment unless you have something valuable to add.

Might as well just shut her down then. The whole site. We haven't had a valuable post since about November 2013
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2014, 11:43:07 PM »
Might as well just shut her down then. The whole site. We haven't had a valuable post since about November 2013

It took awhile, but now that I've seen your signature line gif enough times, It cracks me up again when I notice the guy in the crowd in the yellow shorts who runs behind the guy in the blue shirt like he's trying to protect himself.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2014, 07:43:06 AM »
It took awhile, but now that I've seen your signature line gif enough times, It cracks me up again when I notice the guy in the crowd in the yellow shorts who runs behind the guy in the blue shirt like he's trying to protect himself.

Or the fact that everyone reacts except for the gentlemen on each end....as if what just happened is pretty routine stuff.

Rocky was this valuable enough to add?   ;D
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2014, 08:45:07 AM »

Haha I don't know if I ever noticed that either.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2014, 09:09:12 AM »

He's running to the guy in the blue shirt like Henry will (theoretically) run to Marquette for greatness. (Boom. Topic is back on).
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2014, 10:19:59 AM »
He's running to the guy in the blue shirt like Henry will (theoretically) run to Marquette for greatness. (Boom. Topic is back on).

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2014, 11:52:22 AM »
All:

According to the NCAA Legislative Services Database (sad that they even have to have one) Division I Legislation Display Cite: 13.10.2.1

“Before the signing of a prospective student-athlete to a National Letter of Intent or an institution's written offer of admission and/or financial aid or before the institution receives his or her financial deposit in response to its offer of admission, a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospective student-athlete.  The institution may not comment generally about the prospective student-athlete's ability of the contribution that the prospective student-athlete might make to the institution's team; further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospective student-athlete committing to or signing with that institution.”

Dr. Lovell's comments about HE were allowed.  Houston "we do not have a problem"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2014, 12:02:38 PM »
Are the Cougars recruitin' him too?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2014, 12:24:35 PM »
All:

According to the NCAA Legislative Services Database (sad that they even have to have one) Division I Legislation Display Cite: 13.10.2.1

“Before the signing of a prospective student-athlete to a National Letter of Intent or an institution's written offer of admission and/or financial aid or before the institution receives his or her financial deposit in response to its offer of admission, a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospective student-athlete.  The institution may not comment generally about the prospective student-athlete's ability of the contribution that the prospective student-athlete might make to the institution's team; further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospective student-athlete committing to or signing with that institution.”

Dr. Lovell's comments about HE were allowed.  Houston "we do not have a problem"

Thanks for that, BD. I am happy to stand corrected, even when I'm sitting.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NYeagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2014, 01:57:14 PM »
King Henry speaks about his trip to MU:

http://www.placefoto.com/index.php/p/820646877316890181_411205110

Not much detail!!

Passt auf! Die NYeagle fliegt.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2014, 01:59:11 PM »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2014, 03:34:02 PM »
No mention of what flavor ice cream he had.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.