[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: the "how did the Ellenson visit go?" thread  (Read 49740 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: the "how did the Ellenson visit go?" thread
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2014, 01:14:06 PM »
I dont know why but I just have this feeling that there is going to be some sort of announcement at Marquette madness on the 11th. Maybe not a commitment but maybe at least an announcement date. I remember hearing somewhere that he wanted to give a verbal before the high school season starts, which is very soon.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2014, 01:14:46 PM »
Cal prioritizes recruits just like every other coach........his backup plans are just much better then everybody elses.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2014, 02:07:58 PM »
I dont know why but I just have this feeling that there is going to be some sort of announcement at Marquette madness on the 11th. Maybe not a commitment but maybe at least an announcement date.

That would be a big no-no at a University event.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »
That would be a big no-no at a University event.

It would be a no-no to have a university-sanctioned press conference. If a half-dozen media surrounded Henry and he just said something, or if Henry himself called a press conference separate from the event in a different locale, there would be nothing against the rules.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2014, 02:43:46 PM »
Henry could skype in right? Or we could have a giant stream from High School Cube showing the announcement if we already knew he'd be choosing us. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2014, 03:12:49 PM »
Haha you guys are funny.

Henry is going to Big Blue Madness.  We heard it from him, we heard it from Big Daddy, there's no reason for him not to go, enjoy himself, inform himself, and then make a decision.  His decision will come shortly after he goes to Kentucky's Big Blue Madness.  Even if he decides on Kentucky, I would bet against him announcing his decision while on his visit (which is why I don't think that if we don't hear about a commitment during his visit to UK that it necessarily means we have him locked up).  His family is very familiar with the recruiting process.  They understand it's easy to get caught up in the moment.  They will take their time, visit each of the 3 finalists, and make a decision based on what is best for Henry and his family.

And heck, even if Henry were to decide he wanted to come to Marquette going into the weekend of Marquette Madness (again, I am 99.9% sure he won't), I would home Marquette University and the basketball program would be bigger than putting him up on a giant screen announcing that at Marquette Madness.  Marquette is bigger than 1 high school senior.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2014, 03:18:16 PM »
nm

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2014, 03:28:55 PM »
Haha you guys are funny.

Henry is going to Big Blue Madness.  We heard it from him, we heard it from Big Daddy, there's no reason for him not to go, enjoy himself, inform himself, and then make a decision.  His decision will come shortly after he goes to Kentucky's Big Blue Madness.  Even if he decides on Kentucky, I would bet against him announcing his decision while on his visit (which is why I don't think that if we don't hear about a commitment during his visit to UK that it necessarily means we have him locked up).  His family is very familiar with the recruiting process.  They understand it's easy to get caught up in the moment.  They will take their time, visit each of the 3 finalists, and make a decision based on what is best for Henry and his family.

And heck, even if Henry were to decide he wanted to come to Marquette going into the weekend of Marquette Madness (again, I am 99.9% sure he won't), I would home Marquette University and the basketball program would be bigger than putting him up on a giant screen announcing that at Marquette Madness.  Marquette is bigger than 1 high school senior.

You forgot one vital piece on information though. It was said odds are he isnt going to Big Blue madness because Rice Lake homecoming is that weekend. Not saying he wont reschedule but he could be going down to Lexington sooner rather than later. In regards of putting him on a giant screen at MU madness, I have no problem with that and I dont think Marquette would either considering hes a top 10 recruit and number 4 in ESPN. Thats kind of a big deal, especially since you have kids already enrolled at MU recruiting him hard. Marquette may be bigger then him but a talent straight out of high school like him hasnt come around in a very long time.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2014, 03:35:59 PM »
You have your dates mixed up.  Someone mentioned he's not going to MU's Midnight Madness on Oct. 10th because the Rice Lake Homecoming is that weekend.  The UK Big Blue Madness is the following weekend on Oct. 17th.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2014, 03:37:55 PM »
You forgot one vital piece on information though. It was said odds are he isnt going to Big Blue madness because Rice Lake homecoming is that weekend. Not saying he wont reschedule but he could be going down to Lexington sooner rather than later. In regards of putting him on a giant screen at MU madness, I have no problem with that and I dont think Marquette would either considering hes a top 10 recruit and number 4 in ESPN. Thats kind of a big deal, especially since you have kids already enrolled at MU recruiting him hard. Marquette may be bigger then him but a talent straight out of high school like him hasnt come around in a very long time.

You don't seem to understand that Marquette would likely be committing a big recruiting violation if they set up a scenario where he announces at Marquette Madness.  

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2014, 03:38:54 PM »
You have your dates mixed up.  Someone mentioned he's not going to MU's Midnight Madness on Oct. 10th because the Rice Lake Homecoming is that weekend.  The UK Big Blue Madness is the following weekend on Oct. 17th.

So you are saying that he won't have to choose between a high school dance and Big Blue Madness.  I'm sure that's a relief! 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2014, 03:47:00 PM »

Ah ok, I expect a late October announcement then. Right before the start of the season.

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2014, 05:19:37 PM »
Ah ok, I expect a late October announcement then. Right before the start of the season.
   Correct

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2014, 05:48:05 PM »
I remember hearing somewhere that he wanted to give a verbal before the high school season starts, which is very soon.

I asked when the basketball season started and was told early December. Not sure it's right, just thought I'd pass it along. Of course, that is probably when games start, not necessarily practices.

That being said, I have heard he will be an early signing period recruit. So the announcement will most likely be between October 19 and November 20. I assume it would be sooner rather than later.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2014, 06:30:05 PM »
We were in Matthews top 3 correct? If he did get Calicut I would like to see us put out hat back in the ring.

Don't be greedy.  We've moved on and got a commitment from Cheatham.  There is one schollie left, and its being held for Henry Ellenson.  There's been no indication to date that Wojo will either oversign or cut anyone, a la Buzz and Newbill.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2014, 11:36:48 AM »
Forget UK madness, I got yer fancy fireworks display here.

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2014, 11:39:41 AM »
For those still hoping that Henry commits before Big Blue Madness...this probably kills it

https://twitter.com/SteveJones_CJ/status/517013112877510658

Steve Jones
‏@SteveJones_CJ
Henry Ellenson's dad confirmed he'll officially visit UK on Oct. 17 - date of Big Blue Madness

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2014, 11:56:46 AM »
For those still hoping that Henry commits before Big Blue Madness...this probably kills it

https://twitter.com/SteveJones_CJ/status/517013112877510658

Steve Jones
‏@SteveJones_CJ
Henry Ellenson's dad confirmed he'll officially visit UK on Oct. 17 - date of Big Blue Madness

Why do we think Ellenson's father knows anything? If my father knew half the sh1t I did in high school he would have hobbled me.

Death on call

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2014, 01:11:50 PM »
Why do we think Ellenson's father knows anything? If my father knew half the sh1t I did in high school he would have hobbled me.
He should go. Great experience. Then come home. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2014, 06:33:34 PM »
He should go. Great experience. Then come home. 
Ky. basketball Madness=great experience=Ellenson having a great experience =Ky. Program is a great experience=done deal.

No!!!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2014, 07:14:45 PM »
Willie you are having a night mare.  Wake up

MU82

• All American
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2014, 09:39:20 PM »

You don't seem to understand that Marquette would likely be committing a big recruiting violation if they set up a scenario where he announces at Marquette Madness.  

Scenario: Ellenson attends Marquette Madness. Three TV stations, Hunt and an online reporter see him there. The five reporters gather around him, ask him questions and Henry says whatever he says ... maybe even (although almost certainly not) that he is committing to attend Marquette.

That would be perfectly legal. Marquette will have set up nothing.

But you would be right to say that probably is the only legal scenario.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2014, 08:29:33 AM »
Scenario: Ellenson attends Marquette Madness. Three TV stations, Hunt and an online reporter see him there. The five reporters gather around him, ask him questions and Henry says whatever he says ... maybe even (although almost certainly not) that he is committing to attend Marquette.

That would be perfectly legal. Marquette will have set up nothing.

But you would be right to say that probably is the only legal scenario.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that would be a violation, too.  I believe visiting recruits are not permitted to talk to the media while on a campus visit.  Maybe there is some loophole for an unofficial visit versus an official but I am not aware of any.

It's all moot anyways, since HE will be at Rice Lake's homecoming and not Marquette Madness.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2014, 08:43:29 AM »
This thread provided much needed laughter for me. Thanks, guys.

Hey DeDe

• Walk-On
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2014, 09:17:05 AM »
I just wanted to contribute to this because I didn't see it anywhere else...

At the President Lovell event in Chicago on Tuesday, he actually mentioned Henry's visit in his remarks and said that his family commented on how aligned himself, Wojo and Scholl were when it came to the university and what it had to offer him.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:36:57 AM by Hey DeDe »