[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Hunt Blog Post on Ellenson  (Read 17485 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: New Hunt Blog Post on Ellenson
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2014, 08:53:50 PM »
It really is hard to translate high school and AAU highlight videos to college.  For instance, I am not sure Henry would be leading the break often at MU.  I actually think the Crowder comparison isn't a bad one...but he's a taller and slightly more athletic version.  For instance when he played on the U17 team, he didn't do much from the outside.  Mid-range and at the basket stuff.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2014, 09:01:22 PM »
He only played in 1 1/2 seasons and lost one game to a ref that fouled Dean out, first time in 90 some games, 3 charging calls, are you kidding me, the ref apolgized to Al later in life.

OK ... but did he cut the nets down?

And aren't people talking about Henry being a 1-and-done or at most a 2-and-done?

Hey, people can make all the projections they want about Henry. I already almost feel sorry for him given how difficult it will be for him to live up to the hype ... and he hasn't even played his senior season of high school ball.

But I've been wrong many times before. Maybe Henry really will be a first-team All-American and we'll win national titles in each of his four seasons. And yes, I said four, because he'll love the Marquette culture so much he won't be able to bear to leave!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2014, 09:13:05 PM »
OK ... but did he cut the nets down?

No, but MU was 50-1 in his 1.7 seasons and the lone loss was an a the very least controversial one point one.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2014, 09:52:37 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something, but I suspect Ellenson, if he comes to MU, will be playing in the low post as a 4 or a 5..To me, that's playing as a big.  If I'm wrong, by all means tell me. 

Playing in the low post as a 4 or 5 is playing as a big. Is that how Ellenson will play, as a big in the low post? No. You are wrong.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2014, 10:24:02 PM »
Playing in the low post as a 4 or 5 is playing as a big. Is that how Ellenson will play, as a big in the low post? No. You are wrong.

Fair enough, I guess I wonder why some posters were saying here that is where he would be playing at MU.   Since Kentucky is part of our competition, when are you going to share with us the official Kentucky recruiting offer list....we've been asking for over a month now....tick tock

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2014, 10:48:42 PM »
Fair enough, I guess I wonder why some posters were saying here that is where he would be playing at MU.   Since Kentucky is part of our competition, when are you going to share with us the official Kentucky recruiting offer list....we've been asking for over a month now....tick tock

What's your obsession with this Kentucky offer list? You listed out certain players and held it to be an accurate list of Kentucky's offers. Your list was wrong and I told you so. End of story. Never did I say I'd offer detailed corrections - only that your information was off the mark.

Anything more on that subject would cost you.

...and to think after I gave you Crean's contract you never got back to me with your thoughts or reached back out to your boy Glass to get his explanation. Sheesh.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2014, 11:55:52 PM »
What's your obsession with this Kentucky offer list? You listed out certain players and held it to be an accurate list of Kentucky's offers. Your list was wrong and I told you so. End of story. Never did I say I'd offer detailed corrections - only that your information was off the mark.

Anything more on that subject would cost you.

...and to think after I gave you Crean's contract you never got back to me with your thoughts or reached back out to your boy Glass to get his explanation. Sheesh.

Several of us here asked you since you said we were wrong and requested what the proper list was.  It would have been common courtesy that since you said the list was wrong, to provide the correct list.  

Don't worry about it, we really were hoping to see it, but no need to have to pay for it since no one here works in that realm.  Next time just tell us we're wrong, but you can't tell us why or the correct answer without payment and that way we won't be so excited the last few weeks waiting for it.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:15:46 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2014, 09:12:02 AM »
Several of us asked here you since you said we were wrong what the proper list was.  It would have been common courtesy that since you said the list was wrong, to provide the correct list. 

Don't worry about it, we really were hoping to see it, but no need to have to pay for it since no one here works in that realm.  Next time just tell us we're wrong, but you can't tell us why or the correct answer without payment and that way we won't be so excited the last few weeks waiting for it.  Thanks.

I think the use of the word "we" implies more than one person has been obsessing over that list while in actuality it's just been you.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Goose

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2014, 10:05:54 AM »
Lenny

Right on regarding the Chones record. If he would have played the last 1.5 seasons it might have been two net cutting parties held by MU. He was that good.

All of that said, this is the biggest recruiting battle for MU since Wolf. IMO landing Henry is even more important than the Wolf recruiting battle. Land him and we have something to build on for the long haul. No moral victories in this battle.

jakeec

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2014, 11:30:56 AM »
I wonder if Ellenson ruled out Wisconsin because of how good Happ is going to be there and a year ahead of him.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2014, 11:40:40 AM »
I wonder if Ellenson ruled out Wisconsin because of how good Happ is going to be there and a year ahead of him.

Whatever helps Badger fans sleep at night.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2014, 11:44:07 AM »

Yes, I'm sure HE crossed Wisconsin off his list because he was afraid that he would lose playing time to Ethan Happ, a former 3 star who is as skinny as rail. But he's definitely not afraid of going toe to toe with all the top 15 players who Kentucky signs every year.  ::)
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2014, 11:50:13 AM »
Yes, I'm sure HE crossed Wisconsin off his list because he was afraid that he would lose playing time to Ethan Happ, a former 3 star who is as skinny as rail. But he's definitely not afraid of going toe to toe with all the top 15 players who Kentucky signs every year.  ::)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2014, 12:19:05 PM »
Lenny

Right on regarding the Chones record. If he would have played the last 1.5 seasons it might have been two net cutting parties held by MU. He was that good.

All of that said, this is the biggest recruiting battle for MU since Wolf. IMO landing Henry is even more important than the Wolf recruiting battle. Land him and we have something to build on for the long haul. No moral victories in this battle.

Agreed. This is MU's first real shot at a top 10 player in forever. All the stars are aligned - Wisconsin kid, brother goes to MU, very close with another MU recruit in his class. Don't win this one? Means we can't compete at the top level even with the deck somewhat stacked in our favor. Landing Henry would be a huge plus - losing him would be an even bigger minus. Wojo knows this and he's devoted a ton of time and effort to Henry. The "whatever" crowd who say brilliant, smug things like "We'll still field a team" may not get it but I'm glad you do.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2014, 12:45:02 PM »
Agreed. This is MU's first real shot at a top 10 player in forever. All the stars are aligned - Wisconsin kid, brother goes to MU, very close with another MU recruit in his class. Don't win this one? Means we can't compete at the top level even with the deck somewhat stacked in our favor. Landing Henry would be a huge plus - losing him would be an even bigger minus. Wojo knows this and he's devoted a ton of time and effort to Henry. The "whatever" crowd who say brilliant, smug things like "We'll still field a team" may not get it but I'm glad you do.

+1.

Well put. There's more at stake here than just Henry.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2014, 01:02:15 PM »

Youre right, im sure Bo "Cooled" on Ellenson because of Ethan friggen Happ. Give me a break.

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
  • Lets Go Warriors(clap clap clap clap clap)...
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2014, 01:07:15 PM »
Youre right, im sure Bo "Cooled" on Ellenson because of Ethan friggen Happ. Give me a break.

No, if you read the Badger boards.  The Ellenson family suddenly became "high maintenance"  and Henry or Henry's dad "has baggage" or Henry likes to be "the man" a little too much.  By coincidence this happened shortly after Henry trimmed UW off his list.  Shortly before that Henry and his family were solid and Henry was a good kid.

Warrior As defined by Webster's:
A person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2014, 01:12:21 PM »
No, if you read the Badger boards.  The Ellenson family suddenly became "high maintenance"  and Henry or Henry's dad "has baggage" or Henry likes to be "the man" a little too much.  By coincidence this happened shortly after Henry trimmed UW off his list.  Shortly before that Henry and his family were solid and Henry was a good kid.

Go figure right? Scoop can get pretty nutty but I know for me at least when we lose out on a recruit I never said, x coach cooled on him or started making excuses about his family.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2014, 01:26:00 PM »
It really is hard to translate high school and AAU highlight videos to college.  For instance, I am not sure Henry would be leading the break often at MU.  I actually think the Crowder comparison isn't a bad one...but he's a taller and slightly more athletic version.  For instance when he played on the U17 team, he didn't do much from the outside.  Mid-range and at the basket stuff.

Hmm what MU player was a more athletic crowder? Hayward!
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback