[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: New Marquette commercial  (Read 14927 times)

Aughnanure

• All American
Re: New Marquette commercial
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 10:25:51 AM »
It's good, just think the VO doesn't have enough gusto or gravitas for me.

I second that.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 10:29:23 AM »
Maybe people aren't aware because she doesn't appear to have done anything for the school - not publicly,  anyway.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the matter of artistic merit. There are many alums who give back to the alma mater, discreetly and without fanfare.

In any event, her personal and professional efforts have represented Marquette rather well. In the same way as journalists, scholars, teachers, clergy, and business professionals who share the Marquette heritage. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:33:09 AM by keefe »

Death on call

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 10:42:21 AM »
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the matter of artistic merit. There are many alums who give back to the alma mater, discreetly and without fanfare.

In any event, her personal and professional efforts have represented Marquette rather well. In the same way as journalists, scholars, teachers, clergy, and business professionals who share the Marquette heritage. 

You asked if people were aware that Amy Madigan was an alum.  I responded with my best guess as to why people aren't.  Awareness has nothing to do with artistic merit.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 10:58:47 AM »
You asked if people were aware that Amy Madigan was an alum.  I responded with my best guess as to why people aren't.  Awareness has nothing to do with artistic merit.

Maybe it's the acoustics?

Death on call

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 11:16:43 AM »
Maybe it's the acoustics?

This would be a lot funnier if it actually made sense in context of the current discussion.
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 11:23:29 AM »
Who wouldn't want to go to the same school as Uncle Buck's girlfriend?

I had no idea that Chanice Kobolowski, owner of Kobolowski Tires was a Marquette alum.  Funny thing is that could be a real MU coed name.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 11:24:33 AM »
This would be a lot funnier if it actually made sense in context of the current discussion.

It wasn't intended to be funny...

Death on call

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 11:47:07 AM »
I second that.

I'd love to see some actual marketing research that shows what type of voice appeals to this audience in this context.  Somehow I think a voice that sounds youthful but earnest would have a greater impact than, say, bringing back Walter Cronkite from the dead.
Have some patience, FFS.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 01:47:39 PM »
Are people aware that Amy Madigan is an alum? With all due respect to some of these Young Turks they can't hold a candle to her, artistically.

Keefe, I was having dinner with friends in Florida a few years back when my wife (referring to Amy Madigan) mentioned that a girl I had dated in college was nominated for an academy award.  The friend immediately shot back to me, "you dated Whopee Goldberg?" who was nominated for the Color Purple the same year.  It still makes me smile.
Also put a short-lived band together with her- "Methyl Ethyl and the Ketones".

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 01:57:55 PM »
Keefe, I was having dinner with friends in Florida a few years back when my wife (referring to Amy Madigan) mentioned that a girl I had dated in college was nominated for an academy award.  The friend immediately shot back to me, "you dated Whopee Goldberg?" who was nominated for the Color Purple the same year.  It still makes me smile.

Very cool. Did Whoopi live in OD or Cobeen?

Seriously, though, I am a fan of Madigan's work. Excellent you dated her. She is one of two Marquette coeds to grace the pages of Playboy. I also respect her husband's repertoire, too, though grateful he was never in Playboy.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 08:14:21 PM »

Name dropper....unbelievable

;)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2014, 09:11:55 PM »

Name dropper....unbelievable

;)

The one Scooper who can honestly say he dated a woman who was in Playboy. He should shout that from the mountain!

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2014, 11:13:38 PM »
The one Scooper who can honestly say he dated a woman who was in Playboy. He should shout that from the mountain!

Trust me, it was with heavy sarcasm

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 12:20:52 AM »
Trust me, it was with heavy sarcasm

Really? Hell, I believed him.

Death on call

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2014, 12:43:21 AM »
Very cool. Did Whoopi live in OD or Cobeen?

Seriously, though, I am a fan of Madigan's work. Excellent you dated her. She is one of two Marquette coeds to grace the pages of Playboy. I also respect her husband's repertoire, too, though grateful he was never in Playboy.

two?
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2014, 07:32:35 AM »
two?

When Playboy did the Girls of the Big East in like 2000, there was a Marquette co-ed in there.  Was a big deal for the male students on campus but turned out to be a much ado about nothing as it wasn't very "interesting".  She worked in the cafeteria of East Hall when I lived there.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2014, 08:49:19 AM »
When Playboy did the Girls of the Big East in like 2000, there was a Marquette co-ed in there.  Was a big deal for the male students on campus but turned out to be a much ado about nothing as it wasn't very "interesting".  She worked in the cafeteria of East Hall when I lived there.

2000?  BIG EAST?  MU?
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2014, 08:52:20 AM »

Exactly. And he wasn't even the guy who originally brought up Amy Madigan. Not quite the same thing as "I was having lunch with a guy whose best friend is close with so and so...."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2014, 09:13:19 AM »
2000?  BIG EAST?  MU?

You are right, it was Girls of Conference USA....woof
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2014, 10:00:28 AM »
You are right, it was Girls of Conference USA....woof

pics or it didn't happen  ;)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2014, 01:50:06 PM »
Amy Madigan was in Playboy? Nude? All due respect, but why? Was this the annual "Freckled Ginger" issue?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2014, 02:47:15 PM »
Did we need the Al shot?  I'd follow up Wojo with NCAA highlights of Wade, Wesley and Jimmy.  Or Markus Roeders.

At least it is isn't coupled with the line..."we don't live in the past (Show highlight of Al) but we learn from it"

But overall I love the spot.  I don't watch M of S so I had no idea who the v/o was, I do think that could have been stronger.  I'd even take Fr. Wild.  Doc would have worked too.   I don't think Pudi would have been any better.  Very few in this word are Jon Hamm.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2014, 06:54:02 PM »
Amy Madigan was in Playboy? Nude? All due respect, but why? Was this the annual "Freckled Ginger" issue?

She was cover d in jelly.  PBJ

StateStreetMission

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2014, 08:15:33 PM »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2014, 09:04:24 PM »
Voice over was way too softy. Overall it turned out just fine, but the start first 10 seconds sounded like a greenpeace lefty ad.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback