[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ryan Braun is the Brewers choice for Roberto Clemente Award  (Read 5048 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Ryan Braun is the Brewers choice for Roberto Clemente Award
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 09:52:30 PM »
Interesting.

I was thinking "Douche of the Year" would have been more appropriate, but whatever.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 09:40:54 AM »
If he did the most service/charity work doesn't he fit the qualifications?

He won't win and likely remains a giant tool, but if he gave the most of this talent and treasure then he earned the nomination.

Wally Schroeder

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 11:52:58 AM »
If he did the most service/charity work doesn't he fit the qualifications?

He won't win and likely remains a giant tool, but if he gave the most of this talent and treasure then he earned the nomination.

It's possible, but I'm assuming a guy who tried to ruin a man's life, through a series of lies, who collects piss & rehabs others to health for a living didn't perform the most service/charity. Probably more of a PR move that will have little impact to clean up the guy's public image.

In terms of absolute dollars, it wouldn't surprise me if Braun gave the most to the causes he finds worthy. In terms of % of discretionary dollars, it would surprise me if Braun gave the most on the Brewers roster.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 12:08:59 PM by Wally Ellenson Schroeder »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 11:57:57 AM »
It's possible, but I'm assuming a guy who tried to ruin a man's life, through a series of lies, who collects piss for a living didn't perform the most service/charity. Probably more of a PR move that will have little impact to clean up the guy's public image.

In terms of absolute dollars, it wouldn't surprise me if Braun gave the most to the causes he finds worthy. In terms of % of discretionary dollars, it would surprise me if Braun gave the most on the Brewers roster.

(Not trying to defend Braun, I hate the guy - as I have made very clear in the MLB Pissing Thread)  Dino Laurenzi does not collect piss for a living.  That is secondary income for him.  I believe I remember hearing he was an athletic trainer and does fairly well for himself.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Wally Schroeder

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 12:08:26 PM »
(Not trying to defend Braun, I hate the guy - as I have made very clear in the MLB Pissing Thread)  Dino Laurenzi does not collect piss for a living.  That is secondary income for him.  I believe I remember hearing he was an athletic trainer and does fairly well for himself.

You're correct, he's also a Director of Rehab Services. I shall edit my statement to collect piss & rehab others to full health.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 12:11:26 PM »
Would rather see Weeks. Even though he's been nominated twice before, he deserves one more thanks for being very involved in the community for a decade in what's likely his final season here

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 12:17:57 PM »
Braun absolutely bf'ed the Brewers. He handcuffed them from improvin' the current cast of rag muffins. Pedal his heine this winter for a first baseman and some Puppy Chow.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 12:21:13 PM »
Braun absolutely bf'ed the Brewers. He handcuffed them from improvin' the current cast of rag muffins. Pedal his heine this winter for a first baseman and some Puppy Chow.

Is Melvin going to pick up some of that salary?  Otherwise, a trade isn't going to happen.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 12:39:58 PM »

Yup.  Just give Braun away for free, forget the first baseman.  Then use the salary to sign Pablo Sandoval and move Ramirez to 1B.  Then trade Gomez for a real leadoff hitter in the OF and some other pieces (SS? Bullpen?).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 12:43:38 PM »
Yup.  Just give Braun away for free, forget the first baseman.  Then use the salary to sign Pablo Sandoval and move Ramirez to 1B.  Then trade Gomez for a real leadoff hitter in the OF and some other pieces (SS? Bullpen?).

Uh, again Braun is owed $105 million for 5 years STARTING in 2016.  You are going to have pay a lot of that salary to move it somewhere.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 01:07:18 PM »
Does Orlando Cepeda have any eligibility left?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 03:38:43 PM »
What a stupid fan base.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 03:42:28 PM »
What a stupid fan base.

Yup. Cubbie fans are a trip.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 07:29:12 PM »
Interesting.

I was thinking "Douche of the Year" would have been more appropriate, but whatever.

Should be considered likely to win the "Rafael Palmeire Award"
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

feedback