[Today at 09:45:23 PM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[Today at 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[Today at 08:47:22 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by Goose
[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Uh oh.  (Read 21309 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Uh oh.
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2014, 09:51:17 PM »
26,000 fans for a scrimmage, Kentucky is backed much like the Packers are here, you can be swept up into it.  Hope he realizes we will be one of many and I bet he goes there he will be
over recruited and never be the man.  They have so many bigs for this year and next, should be interesting how playing time is handed out there.  They have how many, 9 McDonalds players
on there team.

Many great players don't mind going to a crowded situation like this. They have supreme confidence that they will win out to be "the man." And, in the process, all that competition will make them better and all the more ready for the NBA.

I'm not saying that's what will happen with Ellenson. I don't know what will happen. But great players agree to go to over-recruited situations all the time, and that's why.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2014, 05:27:18 PM »
You call that football?

Indiana fans have football too LOL!

Hey now, the IU pigskinners are tied 17-17 at 18th ranked Missouri right now.....ultimately they will lose, but keeping it respectable today.

Edit:  Hung on to beat Missouri on the road.  Been a long time since IU beat a ranked SEC team on the road....long time.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:11:51 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2014, 01:52:59 PM »
What is bad about this visit is that it extends out the timeline for Ellenson to make a commtment. With both MSU's and MU's visit this weekend and next I was thinking a decison was comming soon. Now we are looking at a decision that is after October 19th. If we get burned there is not much time left to find a good player.

No time left, really.  Fortunately, some players actually emerge during the high school season.  I assume that if MU gets anyone other than Ellenson for the fourth schollie, it'll be someone we haven't heard mentioned yet.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2014, 06:21:22 PM »
No time left, really.  Fortunately, some players actually emerge during the high school season.  I assume that if MU gets anyone other than Ellenson for the fourth schollie, it'll be someone we haven't heard mentioned yet.
I think that we will fill the spot with a graduate transfer/ regular transfer if we can't find a suitable 2015. As you point out there may be a late bloomer somewhere or a coaching change decommit.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2014, 09:07:28 AM »

I would have to think that a seasoned recruiter like Wojo has a contingency plan, but I don't necessarily think it would have to be someone completely out of the picture.  Then again, we don't know every recruit who's actually in the picture right now, so to us it might seem like someone who hasn't yet been mentioned... if it even gets to that point.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2014, 10:38:13 AM »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.