'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Uh oh.  (Read 21310 times)

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: Uh oh.
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2014, 10:30:48 AM »
If he goes to Kentucky, he's already focused on leaving. He's more likely to see it through to graduation at Mich St or MU.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2014, 10:49:59 AM »
The thing that bothers me about Ellenson's visit to Kentucky is Cal's "behind-the-scenes" feud with USA Basketball, specifically Coach K and Jimmy B. Heim.

Jimmy B. fired a shot across the bow recently about Cal's whining that he and K were gaining unfair access through their involvement with USA Basketball.  Despite the public response from Cal that he holds no ill will towards K and Jimmy B., he is seething with anger that USAB doesn't consider him heir apparent to K's throne.

Here's the kicker -- It wasn't just Duke where Wojo is/was seen as a potential successor to K.  Calipari may not even want Ellenson, but Cal's the kind of guy who would cut off his nose to spite his face... when it comes to taking a 5-star away from anyone who might stand in his way, Cal's just the slimeball for the job.  

Fortunately, I'm presuming the Ellenson family - by this point - is no stranger to the recruiting process, so hopefully they'll see right through Cal's B.S.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2014, 11:02:20 AM »
This bums me out, not because I'm less confident that we will land Henry. But because it probably delays his decision date. It's the waiting that kills me!  ;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2014, 11:09:53 AM »
Interesting difference between Kentucky and Marquette fans. I checked out their boards. They are just as active of posters but there is almost no mention of Ellenson. They really don't care if they get him or not. Meanwhile half of our board has Ellenson in their screen names.

Come on Henry, be with the people who care!
TAMU

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2014, 11:11:36 AM »
Interesting difference between Kentucky and Marquette fans. I checked out their boards. They are just as active of posters but there is almost no mention of Ellenson. They really don't care if they get him or not. Meanwhile half of our board has Ellenson in their screen names.

Come on Henry, be with the people who care!

Kentucky fans have football to focus on  ;)

Wally Schroeder

• Starter
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2014, 11:39:09 AM »
This bums me out, not because I'm less confident that we will land Henry. But because it probably delays his decision date. It's the waiting that kills me!  ;D

Will keep things interesting on Scoop. If no one transfer next year and it's looking like we'll only have 1 2016 scholarship with Steve Taylor's departure, Scoop won't be any fun. Unless you enjoy the really meaningful analysis of Crean and Buzz post-MU.

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2014, 12:09:27 PM »
FWIW...Henry has stated he wants to go somewhere where he can continue to develop his game for the next level.  As it relates to bigs at UK, Cal really hasn't had to do much "development".  Has he had an impressive list of one-and-done bigs?  Sure has - and they were ready to go from day one on campus.  They were just using UK has the mandatory waiting area with the skills they had coming in.

If Henry really wants to continue to develop his game, and I like to believe he does, then there are likely better alternatives to UK for the young man.  And as another poster stated, at this point, his family likely knows the recruiting game well at this point and can navigate the buoys quite effectively.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2014, 12:53:22 PM »
FWIW...Henry has stated he wants to go somewhere where he can continue to develop his game for the next level.  As it relates to bigs at UK, Cal really hasn't had to do much "development".  Has he had an impressive list of one-and-done bigs?  Sure has - and they were ready to go from day one on campus.  They were just using UK has the mandatory waiting area with the skills they had coming in.

If Henry really wants to continue to develop his game, and I like to believe he does, then there are likely better alternatives to UK for the young man.  And as another poster stated, at this point, his family likely knows the recruiting game well at this point and can navigate the buoys quite effectively.

Yep, and I feel like that might be Izzo. MSU is kind of the dark horse here, but there is a realistic chance that we are in 3rd place

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2014, 12:58:02 PM »

Yep, and I feel like that might be Izzo. MSU is kind of the dark horse here, but there is a realistic chance that we are in 3rd place

We might come in third. But we are definitely in first right now.
TAMU

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2014, 12:59:01 PM »

Izzo is a great college coach. His success is undeniable. His players haven't exactly hit it out of the park in the NBA, though.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2014, 01:16:52 PM »
Kentucky fans have football to focus on  ;)

You call that football?

Indiana fans have football too LOL!

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2014, 01:35:22 PM »
Why don't we all just do the following:

1) Chill out until some of the experts on 24/7 that we know are accurate start to switch predictions, and;
2) Develop a tiny bit of self-esteem so that we don't immediately think the basketball world is coming to an end because another school shows interest in one of our recruits. 

If my memory serves me correctly, we have lost recruits before and somehow survived as a program. 

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2014, 02:10:24 PM »
You call that football?

Indiana fans have football too LOL!

right  ;)

Schmidtyfactor

• Starter
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2014, 02:13:29 PM »
We might come in third. But we are definitely in first right now.

If we don't come in first... Who cares what place we finish?

uncle zeffy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2014, 02:27:59 PM »

If we don't come in first... Who cares what place we finish?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2014, 02:31:49 PM »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2014, 02:38:32 PM »
Kentucky will always be a hard program to compete with.

Notre Dame in Football was...but as the sun rises, the sun sets.
SS Marquette

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2014, 02:41:44 PM »

Here’s a Question!  Would you feel more comfortable Exchanging places with any of the other teams pursuing Henry?  My answer made me feel better!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2014, 04:23:19 PM »
If I was being recruited by UK I don't think I'd rather have my visit at any other time than Big Blue Madness.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2014, 04:27:57 PM »
26,000 fans for a scrimmage, Kentucky is backed much like the Packers are here, you can be swept up into it.  Hope he realizes we will be one of many and I bet he goes there he will be
over recruited and never be the man.  They have so many bigs for this year and next, should be interesting how playing time is handed out there.  They have how many, 9 McDonalds players
on there team.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2014, 04:42:09 PM »
He is it down to three schools and has scheduled two visits. You have to schedule the third so you don't tip your hand. I'm not saying KY is out. We don't know which of these visits he thinks is the most important. But he has to schedule all 3
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:00:35 PM by Daniel »

Class71

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2014, 04:45:29 PM »
Don't think I will go bipolar on this either way.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2014, 04:55:09 PM »
He is foe. To three schools and has schedule,Ed two visits. You have to schedule the third so you don't tip your hand. I'm not saying my is out. We don't know which of these visits he thinks is the most important. But he has to schedule all 3
ESL?

brandx

« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2014, 04:57:35 PM »
He is foe. To three schools and has schedule,Ed two visits. You have to schedule the third so you don't tip your hand. I'm not saying my is out. We don't know which of these visits he thinks is the most important. But he has to schedule all 3

Say what???

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2014, 05:01:28 PM »
Sorry for typos. Fixed. Coughing and typing is a bad combo. My bad.

feedback