[Today at 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Uh oh.  (Read 21468 times)

Groin_pull

• All American
Uh oh.
« on: September 18, 2014, 04:57:56 PM »
Hearing a rumor that Ellenson will be taking his visit to UK during Big Blue Madness.

buckchuckler

• All American
Re: Uh oh.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 05:03:31 PM »
I hope people can keep their stuff together if the young man goes elsewhere. 

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 05:06:48 PM »
This business of putting Ellenson in all the names has me noided out. On the one hand, there's going to be a lot of disappointment if he goes elsewhere. If he doesn't, then the expectations are going to be gigantic. Yes, I want to see this highly rated a kid come to MU, but he's still a kid after al.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 05:07:49 PM »
Maybe he's disappointed that the whole Scoop board hasn't put Ellenson in their screen name  ;D

brandx

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 05:08:40 PM »
Hearing a rumor that Ellenson will be taking his visit to UK during Big Blue Madness.

That was to be expected.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 05:14:01 PM »
Well had to visit sometime.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 05:21:47 PM »

Got a source? I ain't heard nothing.

Even if it's true, I don't think he'll make it there.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 05:24:06 PM »
At the end of the day he is going to the school where he will get maximum playing time and be The Man so to speak. I think on both those counts we fare better than the competition. Also he will be able to play with his brother, which is easier for his parents to juggle going to games. I have followed MSU as long as I have MU and I am believe that he will have much better chemistry with his teammates at MU. I can't speak to UK in that regard, but common sense says getting possession of the ball is not going to be an easy thing there. At end of the day I think we are the front runner still but the competition is obviously very strong.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 05:25:08 PM »

From a longer ESPN insider article:

PF Henry Ellenson, No. 4

Rice Lake, Wisconsin/Rice Lake

Considering: Michigan State (Sept. 20th), Marquette (Sept. 26th) and Kentucky (Oct. 17th)

Scouting report: Ellenson has a great combination of size and skill. He runs the floor well and in the half court, he can pick and pop to the arc or roll to the rim. He rebounds well in his area and can also post smaller defenders and score over them with ease.

Ellenson says: "I am looking for a coach that I am comfortable with and who can develop my game and prepare me for the next level. I want to be in a system where I can use my versatility as a player like creating matchup problems.”

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 05:38:16 PM »
MU may still be in the driver's seat. But my primary concern is that countless recruits have attended that event...been blown away...and soon pledged their allegiance to UK. It's hard for a recruit not to be impressed by the glitz. Much of UK's program is larger than life.

Not saying Ellenson is the type to get sucked in by Cal's show...only that it's now a possibility since the visit has been set.

Here's hoping MU makes sure he never gets to Lexington.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 05:40:53 PM »
From a longer ESPN insider article:

PF Henry Ellenson, No. 4

Rice Lake, Wisconsin/Rice Lake

Considering: Michigan State (Sept. 20th), Marquette (Sept. 26th) and Kentucky (Oct. 17th)

Scouting report: Ellenson has a great combination of size and skill. He runs the floor well and in the half court, he can pick and pop to the arc or roll to the rim. He rebounds well in his area and can also post smaller defenders and score over them with ease.

Ellenson says: "I am looking for a coach that I am comfortable with and who can develop my game and prepare me for the next level. I want to be in a system where I can use my versatility as a player like creating matchup problems.”

Well damn. No one else picked that one up. Props to Rankin.

I hate having Kentucky on the docket. They can offer things that Marquette can't (and shouldn't). If anyone can swoop in and steal a #donedeal recruit, it's Cal. Or course, they have to decide that Ellenson is a priority. I think he is about 13th on Cal's priority list right now.

Oh well. If you want to play with the big boys, you have to beat them out for recruits. C'mon Wojo, lock him up before he can even step foot in Kentucky.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 05:43:58 PM »
Maybe he's disappointed that the whole Scoop board hasn't put Ellenson in their screen name  ;D

Ha!

Or maybe it's that we had him donedealt before everybody started messing with fate and putting Ellenson in their screen names!

I'll consider changing mine the day he signs a Marquette LOI.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 06:27:46 PM »
Ha!

Or maybe it's that we had him donedealt before everybody started messing with fate and putting Ellenson in their screen names!

Good for you. If he comes - great! If not, life goes on and MU will be just fine.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 06:35:28 PM »
He owes us nothing. I would not blame him one bit for going to a school that offers unbelievable exposure and a great chance at a NC in a two year window. Though, if he goes to Marquette, he can make a legendary name for himself if he lives up to expectations.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 06:53:02 PM »
Ha!

That's when I was going to change mine back.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 06:54:54 PM »
He owes us nothing. I would not blame him one bit for going to a school that offers unbelievable exposure and a great chance at a NC in a two year window. Though, if he goes to Marquette, he can make a legendary name for himself if he lives up to expectations.

Who has said Ellenson owes us anything??? Strange comment.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 07:06:10 PM »

Really? Why would he not want to go? That is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a high school youngster, to visit one of the most storied progams in CBB. I would certainly want to check it out.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 07:20:15 PM »
Well if you want a Top 5 recruit you gotta beat the big boys.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 07:23:56 PM »
Really? Why would he not want to go? That is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a high school youngster, to visit one of the most storied progams in CBB. I would certainly want to check it out.
Of course, check it out. But then it logically follows that since it is a storied program, he should commit. Never mind that their coach cheats, that Rupp was a segregationist at best, as part of that storied program, and how can we forget the Casey scandal with bundles of cash in FedEx envelopes? All part of that "storied" program.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 07:27:43 PM »
Of course, check it out. But then it logically follows that since it is a storied program, he should commit. Never mind that their coach cheats, that Rupp was a segregationist at best, as part of that storied program, and how can we forget the Casey scandal with bundles of cash in FedEx envelopes? All part of that "storied" program.

Cal doesn't need to hand out cash, he just needs to dish out his laundry list of 1st round picks.

I'm interested to see where Ellenson is as a priority for Cal.  Cal is also after all 3 guys ahead of Ellenson in ESPN's rankings.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 07:41:51 PM »
I just hope this doesn't become Joe Wolf 2.0.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 07:46:49 PM »
If Ellenson goes elsewhere, his choice.  The Ellenson screenname craze started with five people.  It took off when a poster brought it to everyone's attention.  I, and I think most, did it as a joke response to the nervous nelly that started the thread.

If Ellenson comes to MU, I can only speak for myself but my expectations will be he'll be good but we'll have to wait and see how good.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 08:03:36 PM »
If Ellenson goes elsewhere, his choice.  The Ellenson screenname craze started with five people.  It took off when a poster brought it to everyone's attention.  I, and I think most, did it as a joke response to the nervous nelly that started the thread.

If Ellenson comes to MU, I can only speak for myself but my expectations will be he'll be good but we'll have to wait and see how good.

Good lord, lighten up Francis.   ;D. It's kinda fun.  Love some of the creativity with the names.

If we get him, great.  If we don't, it's Keefe's fault for making fun of the afternoon pie in Rice Lake. 

Afternoon pie has feelings too, ya know.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 08:34:05 PM »
I ain't gonna pay it no mind, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 09:02:51 PM »
Kentucky doesn't have Wally...  Or Nick...   ;)

Honestly though, I hope the young man finds the right fit for him - whether it's Marquette or somewhere else.