'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by mugrad_89
[Today at 04:13:05 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 04:10:59 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 04:09:09 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Zog from Margo
[Today at 03:48:28 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Uh oh.  (Read 21460 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: Uh oh.
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 09:16:50 PM »
I thought something bad happened. Kid wants to go to UK Midnight Madness possibly? Good for him, he should, it'd be dumb of him not to check it out.

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 09:26:55 PM »
#BringDrakeToMadness #BringWadeToMadness

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 09:39:30 PM »
"develop my game and prepare me for the next level"

That's probably the whole UK pitch when Ellenson visits. 19 players drafted in the 5 seasons since he's been there, most of them being front court players. They have a ton to offer. Put yourself in his shoes, it will be hard to walk away from.

I still think the local school with family ties, friend ties and major minute availability from day one will win out.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 11:01:53 PM »
Maybe we can find a 5 star big out there who is considering schools like drake and tulsa or something, then our chances of landing him would be better

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 11:06:49 PM »
When I saw the subject line, I was thinking: "Please don't tell me Mayo has come back!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2014, 11:16:05 PM »
Maybe we can find a 5 star big out there who is considering schools like drake and tulsa or something, then our chances of landing him would be better

Ben Simmons? Issac copeland? On espn it looks like not many big time schools were after these guys.

Wally Schroeder

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2014, 07:18:02 AM »

This made me LOL. I agree, would rather see Henry committed by MU's Midnight Madness (October 10), but it is what it is. Of course you're up against the Kentucky's of the world when competing for a 5-star. Just have to hope playing with his brother and Nick N, along with Wojo's vision fits what Henry sees as best for him. Wojo has obviously coached his share of future NBA players aside Coach K, but not quite like Cal's NBA factory.

starting5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 07:41:27 AM »
Why not take all the official visits you can.  If any of my kids are ever lucky enough to get recruited I will encourage them to take the visits.  I personally would like to see Big Blue Madness in person, maybe that is his thinking as well

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2014, 07:45:43 AM »
My analogy for ellenson would be this:  going to Kentucky would be like getting an elusive reservation for a world class chefs marquee restaurant, but you have to drive 5 hours to get there and it's packed with a slew of rich folks and celebrities.  Sure the food is unbelievable, but the setting is frenzied and impersonal.  Id rather have a gourmet chef come in to my house, serve me like a king in the comfort of familiar surroundings, while still having a truly memorable meal

Table for one!!!!

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2014, 07:51:22 AM »
serve me like a king in the comfort of familiar surroundings

King Henry, the 8th Warrior from Wisconsin on next year's team.
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2014, 08:19:32 AM »
"develop my game and prepare me for the next level"

That's probably the whole UK pitch when Ellenson visits. 19 players drafted in the 5 seasons since he's been there, most of them being front court players. They have a ton to offer. Put yourself in his shoes, it will be hard to walk away from.

I still think the local school with family ties, friend ties and major minute availability from day one will win out.

Which one of those 19 players wouldn't have been drafted if they went somewhere else?  Anthony Davis would have been the number 1 pick if he went to UW-Eau Claire.  I realize his record impresses recruits, but the main reason that Coach Cal has sent a lot of guys to the NBA is because he recruited a lot of guys who were NBA ready the first day they stepped on campus.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2014, 08:24:06 AM »
MU Madness is October 10th. Are you sure Kentucky's madness is October 17th?

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2014, 08:24:53 AM »
#BringDrakeToMadness #BringWadeToMadness

The funny thing is how possible this actually is

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2014, 08:27:28 AM »
What is bad about this visit is that it extends out the timeline for Ellenson to make a commtment. With both MSU's and MU's visit this weekend and next I was thinking a decison was comming soon. Now we are looking at a decision that is after October 19th. If we get burned there is not much time left to find a good player.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2014, 08:44:11 AM »
My analogy for ellenson would be this:  going to Kentucky would be like getting an elusive reservation for a world class chefs marquee restaurant, but you have to drive 5 hours to get there and it's packed with a slew of rich folks and celebrities.  Sure the food is unbelievable, but the setting is frenzied and impersonal.  Id rather have a gourmet chef come in to my house, serve me like a king in the comfort of familiar surroundings, while still having a truly memorable meal

Table for one!!!!

I like it. One thing you forgot about the elusive restaurant; being seen and telling others you went there. Which is a huge part of the experience. Most of us are from the midwest, that doesn't excite us too much. Hank will stay home.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »
MU Madness is October 10th. Are you sure Kentucky's madness is October 17th?

October 17 confirmed.

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/kty-m-baskbl-sched.html
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2014, 08:56:36 AM »
Kentucky. Cheerleaders.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Norm

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2014, 09:03:51 AM »
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but are the Ellenson boys the sons of John Ellenson, who played for MU his freshman year and then transferred to UW?

Wally Schroeder

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2014, 09:08:15 AM »
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but are the Ellenson boys the sons of John Ellenson, who played for MU his freshman year and then transferred to UW?

Yes.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2014, 09:21:17 AM »
If he decides to go to Kentucky, it will not be because he attended big blue madness. If anything, its more likely he's going to big blue madness because he's already decided to go to Kentucky, and I don't think that's the case either.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2014, 09:29:13 AM »
Which one of those 19 players wouldn't have been drafted if they went somewhere else?  Anthony Davis would have been the number 1 pick if he went to UW-Eau Claire.  I realize his record impresses recruits, but the main reason that Coach Cal has sent a lot of guys to the NBA is because he recruited a lot of guys who were NBA ready the first day they stepped on campus.

Completely agree.  In fact I think it could be argued a decent amount of them could have been drafted higher if they had gone somewhere else.  (of course the lotto picks would probably have stayed that way)
Maigh Eo for Sam

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2014, 09:31:18 AM »

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »
Yep as noted by another poster earlier.  John Ellenson was a Rick Majerus recruit who signed with MU and then Rick left for the Bucks that summer before John enrolled.  John then played one year for Bob Dukiet and they did not mesh and he transferred to UW.  One of his teammates that year under Dukiet was Mike Flory, the father of none other than current MU commit Phillip Flory.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2014, 10:08:05 AM »
  I, and I

who wouda thunk there are any Rastas on Scoop

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2014, 10:21:13 AM »
It is interesting that despite Dukiet's apparent limitations as a coach, both Ellenson and Flory's fathers still felt MU a worthy choice for the their sons. Sometimes it is the school's performance that matters more than a coaches.