[April 15, 2024, 10:12:01 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Disadvantage of Tower Hall  (Read 28579 times)

mu-rara

• All American
Re: Disadvantage of Tower Hall
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2014, 11:41:55 AM »
I gotta share a story I heard from my brother, who was an RA in Carpenter last year.  He told me that the basketball players who lived there were extremely friendly, especially Deonte Burton.  He also told me that occasionally the players would attend hall programs!  As a former RA myself (TAMU and I ruled the roost in OD for two years) I know how hard it is to get kids to come to hall programs, especially the "I'm too cool for this" type.  My brother told me that DB and the other players participated in a "Minute to Win It" type program and were some of the most engaged, competitive, and excited people there.  Apparently DB won a couple of medals!

When I was at MU, the players were all cloistered in Humphrey, where they never interacted with the student body.  Sure, the living arrangements in the dorms aren't as plush as in Humphrey, but I think it has been good for our players to get to interact with other students.  Wherever they end up, I hope it's not somewhere secluded from everyone else.
Michael Wilson and Terrell Schlundt were pretty regular guys on the floor at McCormick.  Haven't kept track of Wilson but Schlundt has a successful life outside of hoop and I'm sure living amongst us slugs didn't hurt.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2014, 11:42:51 AM »
I gotta share a story I heard from my brother, who was an RA in Carpenter last year.  He told me that the basketball players who lived there were extremely friendly, especially Deonte Burton.  He also told me that occasionally the players would attend hall programs!  As a former RA myself (TAMU and I ruled the roost in OD for two years) I know how hard it is to get kids to come to hall programs, especially the "I'm too cool for this" type.  My brother told me that DB and the other players participated in a "Minute to Win It" type program and were some of the most engaged, competitive, and excited people there.  Apparently DB won a couple of medals!

When I was at MU, the players were all cloistered in Humphrey, where they never interacted with the student body.  Sure, the living arrangements in the dorms aren't as plush as in Humphrey, but I think it has been good for our players to get to interact with other students.  Wherever they end up, I hope it's not somewhere secluded from everyone else.

You now get to be the recipient of all my displaced anger for the amount of times I was written up in that hall my freshman year  >:(
Maigh Eo for Sam

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2014, 12:22:51 PM »
At UCLA, I've been told, the basketball playas have single rooms. Not the case during the summer where they roomed with a teammate in a different dorm. BTW, when you're 6' 9" there ain't alotta leg room on Southwest. Even seat guru.com ain't gonna help, hey?

Wait, "We have Bigs"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2014, 12:53:04 PM »
You now get to be the recipient of all my displaced anger for the amount of times I was written up in that hall my freshman year  >:(

That probably should go towards me more than OD238, haha.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2014, 01:23:15 PM »
That probably should go towards me more than OD238, haha.

haha I'm still waiting for the blow up doll back!
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2014, 01:24:29 PM »

Not sure you are going to want it any longer.

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2014, 01:55:13 PM »

Wow as a former RA this made me feel amazing. I mean that's awesome. I would never dream in a hundred years of a player coming to one of my programs much less any other student I didn't bribe to come.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2014, 01:57:30 PM »
Not sure you are going to want it any longer.

OD does get lonely even for RAs
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »

Bahaha, I forgot about that
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2014, 04:02:48 PM »
Wow as a former RA this made me feel amazing. I mean that's awesome. I would never dream in a hundred years of a player coming to one of my programs much less any other student I didn't bribe to come.

Pretty sure the only Hall Program I attend was yours, you weren't my RA and we watched Major League.

It wasn't horrible.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2014, 06:41:53 PM »
Tower shouldn't be a disadvantage when recruiting Ellenson since I've heard that they're holding the top floor penthouse for him, just in case.  It's a really fun place.

You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2014, 06:57:13 PM »
Bahaha, I forgot about that

I think I must have missed this story.  Maybe it happened while I was trying to wake up the sleeping naked couple after visitation hours.  That was awkward...