[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 08:56:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: rutgers rocky start in big 10?  (Read 2377 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
rutgers rocky start in big 10?
« on: September 15, 2014, 05:09:55 PM »
    you have a controversial athletic director sending out apologies for her fans behavior, however, her own behavior has been less than professional.  o.k., what the fans did prior to and during their game against penn state was probably over the line.  when a school goes through what penn state did with sandusky, they are red meat to creative little people looking for the "one up".  penn state got the last laugh by beating rutgers in a "soccer-esque" scoring game by football standards, 13-10.  i think we saw/heard stuff like this playing bucky and vice versa.  one incident that comes to mind is bucky fans saying chit about otule's one eye-brutal.  but on the other hand, i'm frankly surprised that rutgers still has julie hermann as it's athletic director. the 2nd article exhibits one gaffe after another that look to be truly embarrassing for a "top tier" educational institution. rutgers has numerous academic departments which are ranked among the very top in their disciplines.  i will say that if i were an alumni howevwer, i wouldn't want her to be an ambassador for my school.  i pasted the related stories and if anything, they make for amusing reads

http://espn.go.com/new-york/college-football/story/_/id/11531822/rutgers-scarlet-knights-ad-julie-hermann-apologizes-classless-display-fans-vs-penn-state-nittany-lions

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/04/07/julie-hermann-rutgers-athletic-director-comments
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: rutgers rocky start in big 10?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 07:15:59 AM »
There's a saying for this (from Buster Poindexter as a cab driver from Scrooged), "Go back to Jersey you moron!"

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 07:49:18 AM »
She apologize to the same clueless Penn State fans/students still chanting to bring back the Joe Paterno statue? If anyone know how to keep it classy, its Penn State fans. Those jackholes deserve every ounce of venom spit their way.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:18:18 AM by NavinRJohnson »

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 08:07:46 AM »
Just more Big 10 garbage. They all deserve each other.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 08:43:38 AM »
She apologize to the same clueless Penn State fans/students still chanting to bring back the Joe Paterno statue? If anyone know how to keep it classy, its Penn State fans. Those jackholes deserve every ounce of venom spit their way.

As one of those Jackholes (But never wanted the statue especially now) I'd ask you to refrain from painting with a broad brush.  Plus there is some phrase about glass houses and rocks.  Lastly good to see cura personalis is alive and well in the fan base
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 09:22:59 AM »
Rutgers is a dumpster fire of an athletics department and largely irrelevant to the general population of NJ. But, hey, they bring the NYC market!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 09:51:07 AM »
The Big Ten knows what it is doing with regards to Rutgers.  Remember their television negotiations are only about a year and a half away. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 12:22:08 PM »
Hey guys, thats not fair.  Remember that time that Rutgers was "good" for a year?  They even made the Texas Bowl!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 03:07:36 PM »

As one of those Jackholes (But never wanted the statue especially now) I'd ask you to refrain from painting with a broad brush.  Plus there is some phrase about glass houses and rocks.  Lastly good to see cura personalis is alive and well in the fan base

Ugh...one can only hope this idea completely flops. What an embarrassment...

http://www.centredaily.com/2014/09/15/4355859_penn-state-fans-plan-joe-out-for.html?rh=1

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 03:18:26 PM »
Did you know that Rutgers is the only state school not named after its state.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 03:25:32 PM »

That's not true.  Purdue.  Clemson.  Auburn.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 03:31:51 PM »

What about the SUNY campuses like Buffalo, University of Memphis,  Austin Peay, Cincinnati, Akron etc.?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:40:18 PM by ellensonmadhouse »

brandx

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 04:14:50 PM »
I think he may have meant that NJ is the only state without a state university named for the state. Hence - Rutgers instead of UNJ.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 04:15:58 PM »
I think he may have meant that NJ is the only state without a state university named for the state. Hence - Rutgers instead of UNJ.

Does this count?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_College_of_New_Jersey