Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lindy's College Basketball Preview  (Read 3410 times)

statnik

• Team Captain
Lindy's College Basketball Preview
« on: September 14, 2014, 04:42:13 PM »
Somewhat OT, but has anyone found the magazine anywhere in the Milwaukee area yet?  The on sale date was supposedly last Tuesday, but I've tried most Barnes and Noble's in the area and some grocery stores, and have yet to find it.  I did find Sporting News' CBB Preview, but I prefer Lindy's layout better, since it displays the returning players' averages from the last year, and generally provides a brief synopsis on each of them a bit better than Sporting News.

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Lindy's College Basketball Preview
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 04:52:20 PM »
I found it today at Book World in Mequon (10905 N Port Washington Rd. )
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 05:26:02 PM by Nukem2 »

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 04:54:22 PM »
I found it today at Book World in Mequon (19005 N Port Washington Rd. )

Thanks!  Good location for my current work a few miles south of that on Port Washington Rd.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 06:09:02 PM »
Both are nothing short of horrid. Filled with errors. Really, really bad.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 06:12:59 PM »
Both are nothing short of horrid. Filled with errors. Really, really bad.

They aren't necessarily up to date, but nobody's projections are perfect.  They certainly were too generous for us last year, but we won't admit when we are overrated by ourselves and others.  I did hear though that the Top 40 rankings didn't always match the conference rankings orders, which would be considered a glaring error.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 07:58:26 PM »
They aren't necessarily up to date, but nobody's projections are perfect.  They certainly were too generous for us last year, but we won't admit when we are overrated by ourselves and others.  I did hear though that the Top 40 rankings didn't always match the conference rankings orders, which would be considered a glaring error.

Not necessarily.  They could project some big non-conference wins for a team that ends up with a worse conference record than a team who gets no big wins in non-conference.  So they could in theory have a better overall season but worse conference season.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 09:02:51 PM »
Not necessarily.  They could project some big non-conference wins for a team that ends up with a worse conference record than a team who gets no big wins in non-conference.  So they could in theory have a better overall season but worse conference season.

But in my experience with about 10 years of Lindys they have never done that in the past, so I'm 95% sure it is an inconsistency.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 09:21:59 PM »

Not talking about projections. They have facts wrong. Shocking crap. Just plain wrong on objective, factual matters. It happens often, but still shocking how eff'd up media gets things. Hard to acknowledge any credibility when they can't get the basics right. Awful.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback