[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Henry Ellenson  (Read 152447 times)

Coleman

• All American
Re: Henry Ellenson
« Reply #300 on: September 17, 2014, 11:08:34 AM »
Some of you take things so literally..

Few guys are what might be reasonably called "almost certain one and done's." If Izzo brings in great talent, but the guy has an unreal year and has info that he could be drafted in the lottery and leaves... is that a bad thing?

I believe Izzo and others may be of the mindset that they aren't very interesting in bringing in a kid who is (1) stating he only wants to be in school for a year and (2) has the ability to make that come true. But that's a very select few.

I agree with this. No one could have predicted D Wade would only play two seasons at MU. But just because MU doesn't seek out those types of guys doesn't mean it can't and won't happen again

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #301 on: September 17, 2014, 11:12:41 AM »
Fawn Liebowitz, RIP

Hoopaloop

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2014, 11:23:29 AM »
didnt stop him from going after jabari

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #303 on: September 17, 2014, 11:38:26 AM »
I agree with this. No one could have predicted D Wade would only play two seasons at MU. But just because MU doesn't seek out those types of guys doesn't mean it can't and won't happen again

I don't know if I agree with this 100%.  Crean was touting Wade as NBA ready during his partial-qualifying year.  I remember that he would always say he had a guy at the end of his bench who could play in the NBA right now.  I would say that if MU hadn't lost first round and we made a good run (elite 8), Wade would have gone pro.  I think there was always a feeling, at least with Crean, that Wade wouldn't be there 4 years. 

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #304 on: September 17, 2014, 05:36:44 PM »
So does Caleb Swanigan

I disagree on Swanigan having one and done potential.  That, of course, doesn't mean that he wouldn't try it, just that the NBA will make it clear to him that they much rather that he develop more.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #305 on: September 17, 2014, 05:46:04 PM »
Fawn Liebowitz, RIP

Hoopaloop

WOUNDED DEER, Massachusetts – Emily Dickinson College sophomore Fawn Liebowitz died suddenly last week in a kiln explosion on campus. Liebowitz, 20, a sociology major from Fort Wayne, Indiana, was tragically killed while firing a pot in the new kiln in Sylvia Plath Hall.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #306 on: September 17, 2014, 07:06:36 PM »

WOUNDED DEER, Massachusetts – Emily Dickinson College sophomore Fawn Liebowitz died suddenly last week in a kiln explosion on campus. Liebowitz, 20, a sociology major from Fort Wayne, Indiana, was tragically killed while firing a pot in the new kiln in Sylvia Plath Hall.
 knew her sister, Bambi.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 06:34:53 AM by ATWizJr »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #307 on: September 17, 2014, 07:27:54 PM »
New her cousin babey ruth.

Murphysguy

• Walk-On
« Reply #308 on: September 17, 2014, 10:47:30 PM »
Does anyone that has seen Henry play in-person care to add some insight about his game/potential?

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #309 on: September 18, 2014, 12:29:53 AM »
Does anyone that has seen Henry play in-person care to add some insight about his game/potential?

Do you have access to ESPN3? They have the Team USA 2014 FIBA U-17 games on replay.
SS Marquette

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #310 on: September 18, 2014, 09:31:23 AM »

Hey... isn't that Sultan's stomping grounds?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #311 on: September 18, 2014, 10:04:52 AM »
She was going to make a pot for me.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #312 on: September 19, 2014, 11:05:18 AM »
The fact that I am going to be an a company mandated retreat in the woods with limited internet this weekend is probably healthy for me. Keeps me from checking updates on how Ellenson's trip to East Lansing is going.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #313 on: September 20, 2014, 04:34:08 AM »
I'm sure he'll enjoy it. Who wouldn't enjoy what Mich st has to offer.
It's all about what we do in a weeks time! excited and nervous!
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #314 on: September 20, 2014, 08:51:37 AM »
I'm sure he'll enjoy it. Who wouldn't enjoy what Mich st has to offer.
It's all about what we do in a weeks time! excited and nervous!

I've been to East Lancing. It ain't exactly Malibu.

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
  • Lets Go Warriors(clap clap clap clap clap)...
« Reply #315 on: September 20, 2014, 09:06:50 AM »

I agree.  Especially if you are from the country.  Its not like visiting an upscale downtown city.  Its a bit "dirty" for lack of a better word.
I would not worry about East Lansing being the deciding factor.

That said, I have also been to a Michigan v Michigan St game in East Lansing.  Very nice atmosphere.

Been all over the state of Michigan, the two worst cities, Detroit and East Lansing.

Grand Rapids, and the northern coast cities along lake michigan are very very nice.
Warrior As defined by Webster's:
A person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

tower912

• All American
« Reply #316 on: September 20, 2014, 09:22:54 AM »
I agree.  Especially if you are from the country.  Its not like visiting an upscale downtown city.  Its a bit "dirty" for lack of a better word.

That said, I have also been to a Michigan v Michigan St game in East Lansing.  Very nice atmosphere.

Been all over the state of Michigan, the two worst cities, Detroit and East Lansing.

Grand Rapids, and the northern coast cities along lake michigan are very very nice.

MSU is playing Eastern Michigan and are 45 pt favorites.    There were still good seats available for the game as of yesterday.   Combined with thunderstorms in the area.   It would not surprise me if this were the worst attended Spartan game in years.   So, who knows?    It will come down to what kind of job Izzo does selling the kid on the Spartan mystique.  Vs. how Cal does vs. how Wojo does.   

My brother attended MSU, and I have fond memories of football Saturdays with him and his friends. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Wally Schroeder

• Starter
« Reply #317 on: September 20, 2014, 09:42:16 AM »
MSU is playing Eastern Michigan and are 45 pt favorites.    There were still good seats available for the game as of yesterday.   Combined with thunderstorms in the area.   It would not surprise me if this were the worst attended Spartan game in years.   So, who knows?    It will come down to what kind of job Izzo does selling the kid on the Spartan mystique.  Vs. how Cal does vs. how Wojo does.   

My brother attended MSU, and I have fond memories of football Saturdays with him and his friends. 

The bolded part is dead on. If a basketball recruit is going to make a decision based on how much fun he has at a visiting school's football game, he's probably not a good fit for anyone. A fun atmosphere makes selling the experience easier, but it's far from a top deciding factor. And East Lansing may not be Malibu, but the kid's clearly not making his decision on destination locations unless he's really drawn to the opportunity to pound a nail into a stump while crushing some German beers. I'm confident in the 24/7 picks. Izzo or Cal have a huge sell to make for a reversal.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #318 on: September 20, 2014, 09:51:12 AM »

Never been to Flint uh? And Detroit is a great city if you know what you're doing there.
Bring back FFP!!!

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #319 on: September 20, 2014, 10:06:21 AM »
I'm scrolling threw pictures of Malibu and im in shock. What an amazing city. Modern houses right in the beach. Mountain vistas in the back round wow. East Lansing is certainly no Malibu, but Malibu is still no Milwaukee!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #320 on: September 20, 2014, 10:53:26 AM »
I'm scrolling threw pictures of Malibu and im in shock. What an amazing city. Modern houses right in the beach. Mountain vistas in the back round wow. East Lansing is certainly no Malibu, but Malibu is still no Milwaukee!

You are killing me, Johnny.

Have some patience, FFS.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #321 on: September 20, 2014, 10:59:29 AM »
East Lansing is Rockford with a Big Ten college attached.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #322 on: September 20, 2014, 11:00:17 AM »
Never been to Flint uh? And Detroit is a great city if you know what you're doing there.

+ Infinity.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
  • Lets Go Warriors(clap clap clap clap clap)...
« Reply #323 on: September 20, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »
+ Infinity.
I guess its a matter of opinion. Hey?
Detroit imo is a cesspool
So is east lansing which is what this is about

Fwiw I know a bunch of people from Michigan that share my sentiments
All of my extended family Is from Michigan
Warrior As defined by Webster's:
A person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

brandx

« Reply #324 on: September 20, 2014, 12:19:58 PM »
East Lansing is Rockford with a Big Ten college attached.

Ouch!!

feedback