[Today at 04:57:21 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Henry Ellenson  (Read 152453 times)

Coleman

• All American
Re: Henry Ellenson
« Reply #275 on: September 16, 2014, 04:19:13 PM »
Spent some time lurking on the MSU and Kentucky message boards.

Kentucky people have pretty much counted out all chances of getting Ellenson and from what I gather their insider is pretty confident that he is coming to Marquette.

MSU fans are a little more optimistic but still think MU is the front runner. Was really hard to find any basketball talk. All about football over there. They're fan base is pretty funny too.

I don't think he has even scheduled a visit to UK. He is at least visiting MSU, so I can see why they might be a tad more optimistic.

Visits make me nervous. I think we are the front runner, but there are still opportunities for minds to change.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:20:51 PM by Bleutellenson »

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #276 on: September 16, 2014, 05:07:25 PM »

Kentucky people have pretty much counted out all chances of getting Ellenson and from what I gather their insider is pretty confident that he is coming to Marquette.

MSU fans are a little more optimistic but still think MU is the front runner. Was really hard to find any basketball talk. All about football over there. They're fan base is pretty funny too.

How do the MSU fans feel about their chances with Swanigan? It would be nice if he committed before Henry made a decision.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #277 on: September 16, 2014, 05:08:31 PM »
I don't think he has even scheduled a visit to UK. He is at least visiting MSU, so I can see why they might be a tad more optimistic.

Visits make me nervous. I think we are the front runner, but there are still opportunities for minds to change.
Not more funny than the badger boards after lsu. Talk about throwing coach under the bus.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #278 on: September 16, 2014, 05:13:28 PM »
No insider knowledge on this one but I would be 100% shocked if Ellenson committed to MSU on his visit there. If the parents are as involved and as worried about playing time for their sons as is suggested, is Henry really going make a decision before at least giving Wojo and Marquette an official visit with his brother, Wally, in the MU program? Canceling his visit would not be in that family's best interest. Also, would be very surprised if he is not at Madness with his parents. Could we see a commit that weekend? I guess time will tell.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #279 on: September 16, 2014, 05:44:42 PM »
One of Izzo's top targets just committed today....to Texas. Izzo is down to three main targets for 2015: Matt McQuaid, Caleb Swanigan, and Ellenson.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #280 on: September 16, 2014, 05:49:10 PM »
No insider knowledge on this one but I would be 100% shocked if Ellenson committed to MSU on his visit there. If the parents are as involved and as worried about playing time for their sons as is suggested, is Henry really going make a decision before at least giving Wojo and Marquette an official visit with his brother, Wally, in the MU program? Canceling his visit would not be in that family's best interest. Also, would be very surprised if he is not at Madness with his parents. Could we see a commit that weekend? I guess time will tell.

I would agree with this. I doubt that Henry would commit before giving his big brother's school a chance. In fact, if he commits early, I would actually be optimistic. I would take that as his MSU visit going poorly and him knowing that MU is it.
TAMU

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #281 on: September 16, 2014, 06:33:31 PM »
Was it over a donedeal when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

FIFY
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #282 on: September 16, 2014, 06:36:40 PM »

Yesssss... finally revenge for Sam Bowie!!!

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #283 on: September 16, 2014, 07:07:50 PM »
How do the MSU fans feel about their chances with Swanigan? It would be nice if he committed before Henry made a decision.

They're almost positive he's a lock.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #284 on: September 16, 2014, 08:24:32 PM »
OK, I'm in. I hope Henry's not insulted.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #285 on: September 17, 2014, 06:23:53 AM »
There aren't many firm rules.   No politics is one.   It is a week long siesta, and then he will be back. 

And none is squishier then this one, as I see politics discussed on this board regularly.

So, the ban seems arbitrary, but the mods do a great job and a little arbitrariness is certainly their privilege.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #286 on: September 17, 2014, 06:45:23 AM »

And none is squishier then this one, as I see politics discussed on this board regularly.

So, the ban seems arbitrary, but the mods do a great job and a little arbitrariness is certainly their privilege.
Who else is missing this week?   Yes, politics oozes into many threads.   The difference here is that Keefe started politics-specific threads after being warned.   He'll be back soon. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #287 on: September 17, 2014, 08:20:59 AM »
PTM

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #288 on: September 17, 2014, 08:26:20 AM »
They're almost positive he's a lock.

He (Swanigan) doesn't seem to be in any hurry to commit at this point.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #289 on: September 17, 2014, 09:02:31 AM »

just like the NFL lately

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #290 on: September 17, 2014, 09:34:29 AM »
He (Swanigan) doesn't seem to be in any hurry to commit at this point.

He must want to bask in that Indiana offer for a while.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #291 on: September 17, 2014, 10:01:24 AM »
Some one posted a while back that Henry was making his decision by September 26.  Is this true?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #292 on: September 17, 2014, 10:05:17 AM »
Some one posted a while back that Henry was making his decision by September 26.  Is this true?

If you're saying Henry is committing during his official with us, hell ya brother! Let's hope.

If you're serious, no I don't think that's that true. It will probably be after his official.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #293 on: September 17, 2014, 10:07:35 AM »
I wonder if this will come into play:

http://www.bluestarmedia.org/index.php/blogmain/dweiss/item/609-tom-izzo-bucks-the-trend-of-one-and-dones

Izzo has repeatedly stated that he is "done" with one and dones. While I agree with him that one and dones are bad for the college game, it could hurt his chances given that Henry certainly has one and done potential.
TAMU

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #294 on: September 17, 2014, 10:15:27 AM »

http://www.bluestarmedia.org/index.php/blogmain/dweiss/item/609-tom-izzo-bucks-the-trend-of-one-and-dones

Izzo has repeatedly stated that he is "done" with one and dones. While I agree with him that one and dones are bad for the college game, it could hurt his chances given that Henry certainly has one and done potential.
Doubt Henry even sees this.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #295 on: September 17, 2014, 10:16:12 AM »

So does Caleb Swanigan

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #296 on: September 17, 2014, 10:30:44 AM »
Doubt Henry even sees this.

If he follows college basketball at all, I think he would have. Izzo's opinions on one and dones has been well documented on ESPN
TAMU

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #297 on: September 17, 2014, 10:51:47 AM »
Izzo is not done with players leaving in 2 or three years. He just said he does not want to recruit players that only plan on staying one year. Actually, if Ellenson only wants to stay one year in my opinion his best choice is MU, because he will be the star on MU as a freshmen. It is hard to say how much he will play at Kentucky his first year and at MSU he has less chance of being the go to player than he does at MU. Also, Milwaukee is an NBA city, which gives visiting NBA teams easy opportunity to see Ellenson play.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #298 on: September 17, 2014, 10:53:31 AM »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #299 on: September 17, 2014, 10:55:19 AM »
Some of you take things so literally..

Few guys are what might be reasonably called "almost certain one and done's." If Izzo brings in great talent, but the guy has an unreal year and has info that he could be drafted in the lottery and leaves... is that a bad thing?

I believe Izzo and others may be of the mindset that they aren't very interesting in bringing in a kid who is (1) stating he only wants to be in school for a year and (2) has the ability to make that come true. But that's a very select few.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback