Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Henry Ellenson  (Read 152634 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Henry Ellenson
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2014, 01:00:22 AM »
Can't think of a finer cause and Scoop movement to support.  Great idea EllensonChili83.

Probably my favorite scoop movement. I've had a good chuckle at some of the names.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2014, 08:21:41 AM »
Probably my favorite scoop movement. I've had a good chuckle at some of the names.

Count me in!

Slim

• All American
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2014, 09:25:32 AM »

Anymore room on that wagon?  I just had a movement!

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2014, 09:32:20 AM »
Let's hope Henry wants to keep being a Warrior!

"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2014, 09:34:28 AM »
Boom

slack00

• Starter
« Reply #155 on: September 15, 2014, 09:53:11 AM »
More of a lurker than a poster, but it's time for me to do my part.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2014, 10:15:31 AM »
Done

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2014, 10:20:07 AM »
Positive Ellenson thought of the day. We are worried that Izzo is going to blow Ellenson away in East Lansing this weekend and he will slip through our fingers. Izzo hasn't exactly done the best job of recruiting in the past few years. He's obviously a brand name coach, but for whatever reason has been unable to land major talent in the last two years.

In 2013, Izzo brought in a class of three three stars (one of whom transferred to Ohio) that was good enough to crack the list of top 70 recruiting classes. In his 2014 class, he brought in a 4 star and 2 3 stars and turned in a class that couldn't crack the the list of top 50 recruiting classes.

Izzo is off to a good start this season with a 4 star and a 3 star already signed (currently a top 25 but not top 20 class). Maybe his struggles will continue. I don't know why it's been a struggle, Izzo has all the tools that the other big boys have. Maybe he's losing his touch? Maybe he can't connect to the latest generation of recruits? Or maybe sh*t happens and Izzo will bounce back hard.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2014, 10:21:21 AM »
Positive Ellenson thought of the day. We are worried that Izzo is going to blow Ellenson away in East Lansing this weekend and he will slip through our fingers. Izzo hasn't exactly done the best job of recruiting in the past few years. He's obviously a brand name coach, but for whatever reason has been unable to land major talent in the last two years.

In 2013, Izzo brought in a class of three three stars (one of whom transferred to Ohio) that was good enough to crack the list of top 70 recruiting classes. In his 2014 class, he brought in a 4 star and 2 3 stars and turned in a class that couldn't crack the the list of top 50 recruiting classes.

Izzo is off to a good start this season with a 4 star and a 3 star already signed (currently a top 25 but not top 20 class). Maybe his struggles will continue. I don't know why it's been a struggle, Izzo has all the tools that the other big boys have. Maybe he's losing his touch? Maybe he can't connect to the latest generation of recruits? Or maybe sh*t happens and Izzo will bounce back hard.

These things are cyclical. Even if he's had a couple weak classes, it won't stay that way forever.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2014, 10:39:48 AM »
I can dig it.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2014, 10:44:23 AM »
As I said, I simply need to stop engaging with guys who have no idea about playing the game other than on XBox/Playstation - of course you being one of them.  There was plenty of evidence Buzz sucked last year.  And I've presented plenty of facts to back that fact up, along with the other couple of reasons why the team was awful last year. Guys like you point to Jamil and Davante not showing "leadership," as the reason the team struggled.  We had another idiot here who eventually had to leave the board, who offered up the genius analysis in my signature.  

What is sad is that despite having ample evidence of being wrong all of last season, you and the handful of others simply can't acknowledge how flawed your position was last year.  17-15.  Missed the NIT.  IN a season we were predicted to WIN THe Big East, and returned more experience than ever before in Buzz's tenure.

And that shows all the maturity of a 4 year old.

Plenty of examples of high caliber athletes (of which you apparently are??)  who aren't successful as GM or coach ( a group you apparently belong to).

MisterJaylenBrownMU

• Team Captain
« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2014, 11:03:57 AM »
Can't think of a finer cause and Scoop movement to support.  Great idea EllensonChili83.

I can dig it.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2014, 11:08:45 AM »
Does this stick when he selects the blue & gold?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2014, 11:10:44 AM »
Does this stick when he selects the blue & gold?

No. Then we all switch to some other underaged kid that we covet.

Don't worry, it's cool.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2014, 11:11:07 AM »

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2014, 11:13:13 AM »
Snowballing Now!!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2014, 11:24:06 AM »
In.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2014, 11:24:16 AM »

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2014, 11:34:18 AM »
Scoop's version of the ice bucket challenge. It's all about raising awareness!
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

GOO

• All American
« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2014, 11:50:26 AM »
I'm in.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2014, 11:56:32 AM »
When I was a student, I was MUMotivAsian ("motivation"), then I became LLRj Since 1986 (when I was born)

I apologize if this is similar to someone else's name...I haven't bothered going through all the threads, but this is my contribution to the cause.

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
  • Lets Go Warriors(clap clap clap clap clap)...
« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2014, 11:57:38 AM »
So about this Ellenson Thing...

Can Wally go along on his recruiting trips? Or are family members not allowed?
Warrior As defined by Webster's:
A person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2014, 12:03:20 PM »

The good news is that Izzo can be out recruited as not all kids take to his desire for Lunch Bucket mentality. The bad news is he and the Spartans are  always there at the end.  I think he will be selling Henry that they don't have very many big's on the roster.  Ordinarily I am not on the side of the younger is better approach, but in this case Wojo is more attuned to the young kids.  

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2014, 12:05:03 PM »
If we don't get Ellenson, it's my fault you guys. I was too overconfident about it at the bar. My bad.

There's still time to redeem yourself by adding Ellenson to your username.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2014, 12:08:27 PM »
The good news is that Izzo can be out recruited as not all kids take to his desire for Lunch Bucket mentality. The bad news is he and the Spartans are  always there at the end.  I think he will be selling Henry that they don't have very many big's on the roster.  Ordinarily I am not on the side of the younger is better approach, but in this case Wojo is more attuned to the young kids.  

I think you've got that all wrong.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1974270-msus-tom-izzo-performs-amazing-ladder-dance-serves-an-unsuspecting-nation
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback