'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Henry Ellenson  (Read 153990 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: Henry Ellenson
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2014, 10:41:20 AM »
And it's the perspective a 4 year old has, which is why this is all so funny. Makes the same argument over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Can. Not. Lose. Or. Let. Go. His argument is more or less, "Buzz sucked you're wrong." No matter what facts are presented, and when people presents those facts he then turns to, "I used to be able to dunk, played in high school, and 'balled' with the Marquette players at the Rec. I'm right. You don't know anything." This is an "adult" making arguments like this. Kind of sad. My brother who's a freshman at MUHS can argue points more logically than he can. In fact, I'd guess any freshman at MUHS could.

As I said, I simply need to stop engaging with guys who have no idea about playing the game other than on XBox/Playstation - of course you being one of them.  There was plenty of evidence Buzz sucked last year.  And I've presented plenty of facts to back that fact up, along with the other couple of reasons why the team was awful last year. Guys like you point to Jamil and Davante not showing "leadership," as the reason the team struggled.  We had another idiot here who eventually had to leave the board, who offered up the genius analysis in my signature.  

What is sad is that despite having ample evidence of being wrong all of last season, you and the handful of others simply can't acknowledge how flawed your position was last year.  17-15.  Missed the NIT.  IN a season we were predicted to WIN THe Big East, and returned more experience than ever before in Buzz's tenure.

And that shows all the maturity of a 4 year old.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2014, 10:53:45 AM »
As I said, I simply need to stop engaging with guys who have no idea about playing the game other than on XBox/Playstation - of course you being one of them.  There was plenty of evidence Buzz sucked last year.  And I've presented plenty of facts to back that fact up, along with the other couple of reasons why the team was awful last year. Guys like you point to Jamil and Davante not showing "leadership," as the reason the team struggled.  We had another idiot here who eventually had to leave the board, who offered up the genius analysis in my signature.  

What is sad is that despite having ample evidence of being wrong all of last season, you and the handful of others simply can't acknowledge how flawed your position was last year.  17-15.  Missed the NIT.  IN a season we were predicted to WIN THe Big East, and returned more experience than ever before in Buzz's tenure.

Ners, I agree with you that Buzz did a piss poor job of coaching.  A certain point guard played the whole year who was probably the worst point guard in Division 1, at least shooting wise.
Should have played or brought back Duane Wilson or started John Dawson from the start.  But that was last year.  Lets see how Wojo handles the 10 players he has this year as he still has
2 pretty bad players in that group from last year.  I do not care how many shots Derrick put up this summer, bad shooter normally still is a bad shooter.  I hope he plays young as in 2 years
with the young kids and the recruits and transfers he has, might have the best team in years at MU.  They will have size and quickness abound.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2014, 11:08:11 AM »
I agree TAMU. Wojo has the pedigree to play in the sand box with the blue bloods. Gotta duke (no pun intended) it out with the elites. Wojo knows the drill very well and of any coach we have had in the last several decades, understands what it takes. If we land Henry then the next one will be a little easier. On the other hand, if he goes elsewhere, no shame is losing out to MSU or UK.

No shame, but we're left holdin' our johnsons, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2014, 11:36:06 AM »

Thought that part needed to be bolded.  The term "ironic" had been brought up before in this thread, right?

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2014, 12:07:23 PM »
Ellenson will be a Warrior.  Book it.
Ellenson will be a Warrior.  Book it.

Bold move, E-Chili.  Bold move.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2014, 12:08:31 PM »
Don't forget Duane's dad, Ike, was also his AAU coach this past summer. I am hoping for the best, but I don't know if it's a Swanigan or Ellenson scenario for MSU as some are portraying. They are totally different players, and dare I say, complement each other. And although I didn't watch every USA-17 game, I recall them being on the floor together frequently.

And you as well, Freeport-E.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2014, 12:52:08 PM »
Bold move, E-Chili.  Bold move.

What say you LloydEllensonslegs?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2014, 01:51:27 PM »
Thought that part needed to be bolded.  The term "ironic" had been brought up before in this thread, right?

I guess you could say it is ironic that I did engage with one of them.  Beyond that?  No irony present.  Feel free to PM me if you have other comments you'd like to share off topic.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2014, 03:27:01 PM »

If only Lloyd had Henry's legs.  That body with those hops? Shaq + Dwight Howard.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2014, 06:34:24 PM »
One thing that has given me pause in the past couple of days is that MSU let Trevor Manuel commit to Oregon. Manuel is a 4 star PF from East Lansing. From what I have heard, the kid would have sold his left nut to be a Spartan. Izzo was content letting him slip away. Shows to me that Izzo knows exactly who he wants. If Ellenson is still on the list, than he is a priority.

That being said, I am still confident that Henry will be a Warrior.
Trevor Manuel is a very relevant comparison to the situation we face with Ellenson.  Manuel was a home town kid who played in high school with two kids on the  MSU team. So he had all the ties etc. He had a fantastic recruiting weekend at Oregon, where he felt he had a good connection with the team and liked the environment and then cancelled the rest of his officials and committed to Oregon.  It is very easy to get caught up in the recruiting process and make emotional decisions. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »

Alright Chili, I'll join you in your optimism.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2014, 09:02:06 PM »
Alright Chili, I'll join you in your optimism.

Legs?????? 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2014, 11:38:51 PM »
Oh why not.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2014, 12:07:16 AM »
Not sure if it's worth mentioning but A.J. Turner just committed to Boston College. He was a top 100 wing who was considered a solid Michigan State lean for awhile. With Turner coming off the board, it only leaves Caleb Swanigan, Eric Davis (who is announcing Tuesday), Matt McQuaid, and Ellenson as solid targets for Izzo.

Basically, we are not going to win this because Michigan State decided to spend their schollies elsewhere. If he wants Ellenson, Wojo is going to have to outrecruit Izzo, plain and simple. Next weekend is the last hurdle. If Henry gets through his official visit to East Lansing without a commit, I think we've got him.

To be clear, I am confident that Wojo has got this. But I will feel better after next weekend.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:47:39 AM by TAMU Ellenson Eagle »
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #139 on: September 14, 2014, 12:53:32 AM »
Found this today: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2195410-kentucky-basketball-surveying-wildcats-chances-with-top-2015-recruits/page/7

Obviously, it's bleacher report, but they think we are getting Henry

Power Forward; 6'10", 230 pounds; Rice Lake, Wisconsin

247Sports' Composite Rankings: No. 10 overall, No. 4 PF

Current List: Top Three (Kentucky, Marquette, Michigan State)

According to 247Sports' experts, brotherly love carries a lot of weight for Wisconsin big man Henry Ellenson.

Of the 25 analysts currently picking Marquette as Ellenson's final destination, 21 of them came in for the Golden Eagles after July 2, when it was announced that Ellenson's older brother Wally was leaving Minnesota for Marquette. One expert's lonely vote for Minnesota still hangs on the board like a long-neglected flier advertising guitar lessons.

Ellenson hosted all three of his finalists for home visits this week—per Ben Roberts of the Lexington Herald-Leader—and Big Blue Nation may not be totally out of this battle.

Ellenson not only has his brother waiting for him at Marquette—where their father John also played college ball—but also AAU teammates Matt Heldt and Nick Noskowiak, who has launched a one-man social media blitz to help new coach Steve Wojciechowski assemble his 2015 class.

In an interview posted by WTVQ Lexington's Alex Risen, Ellenson lists coaches' development skills and style of play as key factors. His offensive versatility is not unlike that of current UK freshman Karl Towns, but Ellenson is expected to announce his decision before getting a good look at how Calipari will use Towns.

Still, few coaches develop elite talents as quickly as Calipari. Michigan State coach Tom Izzo's big men have frequently been long-term contributors, but versatile scorers such as Adreian Payne and Draymond Green offer useful templates for how Ellenson may produce in East Lansing.

While Marquette has a lot going for it, the race isn't over quite yet.

Kentucky Confidence: 3/10
TAMU

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2014, 01:10:35 AM »
If we don't get Ellenson, it's my fault you guys. I was too overconfident about it at the bar. My bad.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2014, 01:14:39 AM »
Found this today: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2195410-kentucky-basketball-surveying-wildcats-chances-with-top-2015-recruits/page/7

Obviously, it's bleacher report, but they think we are getting Henry

Power Forward; 6'10", 230 pounds; Rice Lake, Wisconsin

247Sports' Composite Rankings: No. 10 overall, No. 4 PF

Current List: Top Three (Kentucky, Marquette, Michigan State)

According to 247Sports' experts, brotherly love carries a lot of weight for Wisconsin big man Henry Ellenson.

Of the 25 analysts currently picking Marquette as Ellenson's final destination, 21 of them came in for the Golden Eagles after July 2, when it was announced that Ellenson's older brother Wally was leaving Minnesota for Marquette. One expert's lonely vote for Minnesota still hangs on the board like a long-neglected flier advertising guitar lessons.

Ellenson hosted all three of his finalists for home visits this week—per Ben Roberts of the Lexington Herald-Leader—and Big Blue Nation may not be totally out of this battle.

Ellenson not only has his brother waiting for him at Marquette—where their father John also played college ball—but also AAU teammates Matt Heldt and Nick Noskowiak, who has launched a one-man social media blitz to help new coach Steve Wojciechowski assemble his 2015 class.

In an interview posted by WTVQ Lexington's Alex Risen, Ellenson lists coaches' development skills and style of play as key factors. His offensive versatility is not unlike that of current UK freshman Karl Towns, but Ellenson is expected to announce his decision before getting a good look at how Calipari will use Towns.

Still, few coaches develop elite talents as quickly as Calipari. Michigan State coach Tom Izzo's big men have frequently been long-term contributors, but versatile scorers such as Adreian Payne and Draymond Green offer useful templates for how Ellenson may produce in East Lansing.

While Marquette has a lot going for it, the race isn't over quite yet.

Kentucky Confidence: 3/10

To be honest, I normally ignore any sort of Kentucky fan analysis. They think they are getting EVERYONE. I mean that is semi-justified but it also normally comes off as arrogant and lacking in actual facts. It's normally something more like "muh great Calipari recruiting" whereas other people normally analyze visits and offers. They just simply think no matter what if Kentucky wants a guy they get him no questions asked.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2014, 02:00:37 AM »
To be honest, I normally ignore any sort of Kentucky fan analysis. They think they are getting EVERYONE. I mean that is semi-justified but it also normally comes off as arrogant and lacking in actual facts. It's normally something more like "muh great Calipari recruiting" whereas other people normally analyze visits and offers. They just simply think no matter what if Kentucky wants a guy they get him no questions asked.

Agreed, which is why when one of their analysts says they are probably not getting somebody I know they are really far from signing the kid  ;D
TAMU

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2014, 04:01:31 AM »
  Feel free to PM me if you have other comments you'd like to share off topic.

Oh, the irony....only because your 570000000 previous posts were totally on topic.

I was amused before...I am amused even moreso. Apparently, I'm a 28 year old middle aged guy.

I hope the ignore function works. See ya.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2014, 08:07:59 AM »
Is it possible that the Kentucky model is a little less attractive these days with the somewhat unexpected retention of so many of last year's players? When this year's freshmen committed, I have to believe they thought there would be greater roster turnover and therefore more playing time available.  Less turnover = less playing time available for some freshman (probably) = unhappy benchwarming for highly ranked players. Is that going to make members of the class of 2015 a little wary about what Calipari can deliver?

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2014, 09:19:42 AM »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2014, 09:25:21 AM »
And I lit a candle this morning.

NOW it is a lock.

Scoop, get on the bandwagon. Ners, Sultan, Chicos, Lenny,Topper, Rocky?????  Big Daddy?   Keefe, when you get back from "vacation"  :o !!!!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:33:43 AM by real ellenson chili 83 »

savwa

• Walk-On
« Reply #147 on: September 14, 2014, 09:51:02 AM »
If you're the top echelon recruits and you come to UK and spend more than 1yr there, you wonder if they almost feel out of place or feel like a loser because you didn't bounce to the league right away. I'm sure the kids Cal brings in have plenty of confidence in themselves but if you don't hit the ground running I wonder if they feel like or Cal feels like they are taking up a spot on the roster he could better utilize? If someone wants to be an alpha dog on a team I would think you can go anywhere and be the man. NBA scouts have to project more with kids out if UK because the loaded roster doesn't allow you as much opportunity so the sample size is smaller. Bet on yourself, go to a program where you're the man, you can show off your skills and hopefully make those around you better. Of course, I'm biased and want HE to come to MU but I bet coaches use a pitch like that to sway kids.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2014, 10:01:10 AM »
Savwa, an example of what you are talking about is Alex Poythress.  At one point Marquette was pretty high on his list, but after a strong summer he shot way up the rankings and came into Kentucky as part of their 2012 class.  He was pretty much a disappointment as a freshman, grew as a player as a sophomore, and has come back for his junior year.  He likely would have been a second round pick in the draft.

I don't think Cal put any pressure on him to leave.  Now does he regret going to Kentucky when he could have been an alpha dog elsewhere?  Who knows.  One could argue that "betting on yourself" could mean shooting as high as you can go and prove that you can compete.  But I think regardless, each person and each player is different.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2014, 10:12:28 PM »
NOW it is a lock.

Scoop, get on the bandwagon. Ners, Sultan, Chicos, Lenny,Topper, Rocky?????  Big Daddy?   Keefe, when you get back from "vacation"  :o !!!!!

Can't think of a finer cause and Scoop movement to support.  Great idea EllensonChili83.