[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Haanif Cheatham picks Marquette  (Read 33851 times)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: Haanif Cheatham picks Marquette
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2014, 09:45:38 PM »
Is it? Because I know plenty of teenage girls who move on and wish their ex's and their new girlfriends happiness. Or even better, they don't give them a second thought at all.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/through%20with%20buzz%20steely%20dan
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2014, 11:53:58 PM »
No one has played to the level of Wade

Maurice Lucas. Hall of Famer Bill Walton thought so much of Luke as a teammate and, more importantly, as a man he named his son after him. Luke Walton went on to play in the NBA and now coaches with the Warriors. Somehow that is only fitting.

Death on call

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2014, 12:23:07 PM »
Maurice Lucas. Hall of Famer Bill Walton thought so much of Luke as a teammate and, more importantly, as a man he named his son after him. Luke Walton went on to play in the NBA and now coaches with the Warriors. Somehow that is only fitting.

Yup, my dad would always tell me how Lucas was Waltons personal body guard and the Blazers don't win that championship without him. Didn't realize he had that much of an impact on Walton himself though.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2014, 12:45:45 PM »
Not sure that Lucas played to the level of Wade, but it is close. As a pro, Wade is likely the best. But at the MU collegiate level, an argument could be made for a number of guys that played to the level of Wade including: Meminger, B. Lee, Ellis, Kojis, T. Smith and G. Thompson. Probably forgot a couple, also.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2014, 04:54:06 PM »
Not sure that Lucas played to the level of Wade, but it is close. As a pro, Wade is likely the best. But at the MU collegiate level, an argument could be made for a number of guys that played to the level of Wade including: Meminger, B. Lee, Ellis, Kojis, T. Smith and G. Thompson. Probably forgot a couple, also.

...William Earl Tatum.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2014, 10:49:36 PM »
Is it? Because I know plenty of teenage girls who move on and wish their ex's and their new girlfriends happiness. Or even better, they don't give them a second thought at all.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search/through%20with%20buzz%20steely%20dan

Link isn't getting me anywhere, but I noticed Steely Dan in there and quickly figured you were going to this song.

Through With Buzz

He takes all my money
You know I'm through with Buzz
Yes I'm through with Buzz,
All right, oh yeah, uh huh
He's not very funny

I remember when he stole my girl
Drug her all around the world
You know I'm cool, yes I feel alright
'Cept when I'm in my room and it's late at night I'm on MUScoop

Maybe he's a fairy
Yes I'm through with Buzz
All right, oh yeah, uh huh, all right
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:51:45 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2014, 11:40:36 PM »
Having watched Lucas many many times back in the day, I believe that he was every bit the equal of Wade as a pro. Back in the day, Lucas was  the prototype power forward who struck fear in the heart of the opponents. He was an incredible leader. Not taking anything away from Wade at all but Lucas was most definitely an equal. Tough was an understatement in describing him.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2014, 12:04:51 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYpwv_3VVv8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;//www.youtube.com/v/mYpwv_3VVv8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; width=&quot;560&quot; height=&quot;315&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mYpwv_3VVv8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;//www.youtube.com/v/mYpwv_3VVv8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; width=&quot;560&quot; height=&quot;315&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot;</a>

Death on call

brandx

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2014, 12:34:32 AM »
Having watched Lucas many many times back in the day, I believe that he was every bit the equal of Wade as a pro. Back in the day, Lucas was  the prototype power forward who struck fear in the heart of the opponents. He was an incredible leader. Not taking anything away from Wade at all but Lucas was most definitely an equal. Tough was an understatement in describing him.

Lucas was one of my faves of all-time - but it is not even close.

Wade is a borderline top-25 all-time; Lucas may be borderline top-100

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2014, 12:10:31 PM »

Enjoyed/enjoy watching both. Totally different positions. Totally different games. Impossible to really compare.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2014, 12:52:23 PM »
...William Earl Tatum.
Amen--and I have his Bobblehead.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2014, 02:47:38 PM »
Link isn't getting me anywhere, but I noticed Steely Dan in there and quickly figured you were going to this song.

Through With Buzz

He takes all my money
He's not very funny

I remember when he stole my girl
Drug her all around the world
You know I'm cool, yes I feel alright
'Cept when I'm in my room and it's late at night I'm on MUScoop

Maybe he's a fairy
Yes I'm through with Buzz
All right, oh yeah, uh huh, all right

In the words of Marquette's own Chris Farley, that is correct.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Cheatham picks Marquette
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2014, 02:00:45 PM »

Thank-you Haanif for helping my attention divert from the arse whooping the Pack took last night and the Brewers nine game skid!  This class will just be so stellar if we get Henry, and I think we're getting him, I'm putting it 85/15 he's a Warrior come November signing period.

Some may put it at 100/0.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2014, 12:41:42 PM »
Apologies to Haanif for the delay, but he finally made the scholarship table!

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?page=8

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2014, 12:55:30 PM »

Thanks for the bump so I can pat myself on the back about...

Some may put it at 100/0.

...this.  Good call.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2014, 01:59:06 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYpwv_3VVv8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;//www.youtube.com/v/mYpwv_3VVv8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; width=&quot;560&quot; height=&quot;315&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mYpwv_3VVv8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;//www.youtube.com/v/mYpwv_3VVv8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; width=&quot;560&quot; height=&quot;315&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot;</a>

Ya don't say.

A scoop first, Keefe at a loss for words.  ;)

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2014, 02:03:12 PM »

Thanks for the update.

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2014, 02:44:48 PM »
Thanks for the bump so I can pat myself on the back about...

...this.  Good call.

Yea man, you nailed it

Do we have a realistic chance of landing Stone and/or Ellenson? One more than the other?

We will not get either.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2014, 02:57:59 PM »
Yea man, you nailed it

Yup.  Already addressed that as well.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2014, 07:02:33 PM »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.