[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Haanif Cheatham picks Marquette  (Read 33864 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Cheatham picks Marquette
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2014, 07:14:45 AM »
IT ISN'T! Please see my post just 5 above yours.
Thank you MU82 for schooling the heretics. Al was the man and put MU on the map. All that have come after him may be good coaches, but none will ever replace Al.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

sailwi

• All American
Re: Haanif Cheatham picks Marquette
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2014, 07:19:46 AM »
Lucas, Chones and Walton played a number of years in the league at teh same time.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2014, 07:26:08 AM »
Question: In the Al era, there were many guys who made the league but did MU ever have three players competing at as high a level as Wade, Wes and JFB?

One thing you are overlooking.

In 1974 there were 18 nba teams, now there are 30 teams plus developmental league. That's quite a few more players that can make a nba team now vs 70's.

No one has played to the level of Wade, but that's one guy and a special player. Wes? and JFB? I would categorize them as solid nba players. Certainly not perennial all stars.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2014, 07:54:31 AM »

In 1974 there were 18 nba teams, now there are 30 teams plus developmental league. That's quite a few more players that can make a nba team now vs 70's.

This.  If there were 30 teams in the 70s, guys like Rosenberger, Marcus Washington and others would have had NBA careers.  And guys like Ellis and Walton would have played a lot longer.

hoyasincebirth

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2014, 08:38:55 AM »
Congrats on the Pick up guys, obviously if it couldn't be us, I'd rather he pick you and keep the talent in the BE.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2014, 09:10:43 AM »

No one has played to the level of Wade, but that's one guy and a special player. Wes? and JFB? I would categorize them as solid nba players. Certainly not perennial all stars.

But there was also the ABA, no?

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2014, 09:26:37 AM »
Congrats on the Pick up guys, obviously if it couldn't be us, I'd rather he pick you and keep the talent in the BE.

Very gracious of you!  Thanks
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2014, 01:15:56 PM »
Haanif, welcome to Marquette! You will make a mighty Warrior.

In unrelated recruiting news, Malik Beasley committed to Florida St. He had Brent Tech as one of his finalists.

Makes Haanif's commitment that much sweeter.

He also had us as one of his finalists...
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2014, 01:17:38 PM »
He also had us as one of his finalists...

I mean I know its early but currently according to 247 were number 11 in recruiting class and VT is number 75. Even DePaul is ahead of VT right now. Hows that lack of Big East recruiting again?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2014, 01:44:22 PM »
I mean I know its early but currently according to 247 were number 11 in recruiting class and VT is number 75. Even DePaul is ahead of VT right now. Hows that lack of Big East recruiting again?

I guess I get annoyed that we feel the need to keep bringing up Virginia Tech. It really seems like the teenage girl who keeps commenting about how ugly her ex's new girlfriend is.
TAMU

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2014, 01:46:43 PM »
I guess I get annoyed that we feel the need to keep bringing up Virginia Tech. It really seems like the teenage girl who keeps commenting about how ugly her ex's new girlfriend is.

Heres the thing though. He made it a point to basically rip the new conference and praise the ACC. MU is dominating the recruiting scene right now, especially if Henry commits. I will make a wager that VT will not get one top 100 recruit for 2015.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2014, 01:47:49 PM »

Like it or not, it's human nature to do this. You might be annoyed by it, but it would give a lot of Marquette fans great joy to see Buzz fall flat on his face.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2014, 01:51:30 PM »
Heres the thing though. He made it a point to basically rip the new conference and praise the ACC. MU is dominating the recruiting scene right now, especially if Henry commits. I will make a wager that VT will not get one top 100 recruit for 2015.

I think "dominating the recruiting scene" might be reaching a little, but your enthusiasm is great  ;D Brent's history suggests that he will be able to pull recruits, so I would wager he would pull at least one top 100 recruit.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2014, 01:52:03 PM »
Like it or not, it's human nature to do this. You might be annoyed by it, but it would give a lot of Marquette fans great joy to see Buzz fall flat on his face.

Is it? Because I know plenty of teenage girls who move on and wish their ex's and their new girlfriends happiness. Or even better, they don't give them a second thought at all.
TAMU

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2014, 01:53:38 PM »
I think "dominating the recruiting scene" might be reaching a little, but your enthusiasm is great  ;D Brent's history suggests that he will be able to pull recruits, so I would wager he would pull at least one top 100 recruit.

That was assuming Henry commits.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »
Is it? Because I know plenty of teenage girls who move on and wish their ex's and their new girlfriends happiness. Or even better, they don't give them a second thought at all.

Lol, a little bizarre that you know plenty of teenage girls and know about their relationships  ;) In all seriousness though, this could be the case for many people. However, just as many,if not more secretly wish for them to fail or in the dating analogy "downgrade" to make themselves feel better about their decisions. I don't think it's malicious, just a way to cope with feeling spurned.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2014, 02:55:15 PM »

Yes, Jim Chones signed with the NY Nets. I might be wrong but I think he got a 5 million dollar signing bonus...one of the first in NBA/ABA signing war.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2014, 03:48:35 PM »

Yes, that's consistent with my recollections of the high school years.

Of course, I also remember those extremely wise, confident and well balanced girls riding unicorns to school each morning.   ;)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2014, 04:06:09 PM »
I don't think Chones got 5M more like 500k, ABA was around for 9 years and had between  6-10 teams depending on the year.  I read a book about the ABA (Loose Balls) very entertaining.  Most of the ABA salaries for the superstars were lower salaries and they bought the players deferred  comp plans  so the numbers they  reported were usually a higher than what the players received for playing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2014, 05:01:25 PM »

Yes, until 1976, when it merged with the NBA, giving the NBA 22 teams - still 8 fewer than now.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2014, 05:10:11 PM »
Yes well maybe those girls had nice breakups. Buzz basically slipped out the door to find another team elsewhere. It was a slap in the face to his team and all MU fans. Id be lying if i said i wouldnt be happy to see buzz lose..hard,at least a coupple seasons.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
No Finish Line

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2014, 01:00:51 AM »

Yeah but we're way prettier than that fugly chick

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2014, 01:25:03 AM »

I think this is an appropriate response to my own post.

Unfortunately, who broke up with who is one of the most popular topics where I work. It's one of the hazards of supervising college students.
TAMU

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2014, 01:47:44 AM »

I think this is an appropriate response to my own post.

Unfortunately, who broke up with who is one of the most popular topics where I work. It's one of the hazards of supervising college students.
Danger, Danger Will Robinson!!
Goal is National Championship