[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:15:40 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[Today at 03:02:03 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Haanif to announce on 9/5  (Read 66245 times)

Johnny B

• All American
Haanif to announce on 9/5
« on: August 31, 2014, 11:48:05 AM »
MU, FSU CAL Goergetown
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 01:01:30 AM by Johnny Basketball »

tower912

• All American
Re: Hannif to announce on 9/5
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 12:24:22 PM »
This has been known for weeks.   Try to keep up.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 12:34:35 PM »
This has been known for weeks.   Try to keep up.   
Ouch that hurts. I didn't know Goergetown was in It. Good for you being ahead of the curb.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 12:37:03 PM »
Ouch that hurts. I didn't know Goergetown was in It. Good for you being ahead of the curb.
Actually most everyone was ahead of you. Just read the existing 8 page thread on him.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 12:40:09 PM »
Actually most everyone was ahead of you. Just read the existing 8 page thread on him.
Oh I didn't see that thank you so much.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 12:42:02 PM »
If you go on his twitter you'll find this was just officially announced.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 12:47:53 PM »

Oh I didn't see that thank you so much.

I admire your classy responses to what were pretty much unnecessary condescending posts.

And for what it's worth - your post does add some value - as some were speculating it was simply between us and Cal...and there were originally 6 schools on his list. Baylor has been eliminated...and it escapes me right now the other school that didn't make the cut.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 01:11:01 PM »
If you go on his twitter you'll find this was just officially announced.

It would have helped if you had mentioned the new twitter post before your fourth post, and why start a new thread?  I believe that those were the cause of the way your thread was received.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 01:23:23 PM »
Do you mean the 9 page thread on preppy boy shoes?

I stopped reading the thread on Haanif when it had nothing to do with Haanif.
Thanks Johnny.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:41:38 PM by We R Final Four »

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 01:31:39 PM »

I stopped reading the thread on Hannif when it had nothing to do with Hannif.
Thanks Johnny.

Admittedly there was some great information about shoes in it.

Has there been any reports of how the visit went? Usually someone writes and article about such things
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 02:11:19 PM »
It would have helped if you had mentioned the new twitter post before your fourth post, and why start a new thread?  I believe that those were the cause of the way your thread was received.

Yeah because scoop has been SO busy lately. It's gonna be really hard to find all of the pertinent information on the front page now...all because of this thread.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 02:11:56 PM »
I admire your classy responses to what were pretty much unnecessary condescending posts.

And for what it's worth - your post does add some value - as some were speculating it was simply between us and Cal...and there were originally 6 schools on his list. Baylor has been eliminated...and it escapes me right now the other school that didn't make the cut.

I'm not sure if your defending me or accusing me but thanks anyways

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 02:13:56 PM »

I stopped reading the thread on Hannif when it had nothing to do with Hannif.
Thanks Johnny.
Appreciate the support

onepost

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 02:58:37 PM »
One of my buddies is a manager for the team and I talked to him yesterday.
He said typical protocol for visits like that is that the entire team (coaches, managers, players) plus the recruit and his family go to Wojo's house for lunch the day after the recruit sees campus, the Al, the Bradley Center.

As for Haanif, my buddy said he was really reserved (pretty typical for a recruit in a setting he's not familiar with) but that he seemed to really enjoy the visit in general and hit it off with the current guys on the team as the visit went on. Haanif commended MU for being very "family-oriented" in terms of close relationships and get-togethers like that at Wojo's place with everyone on the team involved. (Honestly, super refreshing to hear that because I was a student manager my freshman year under Buzz and that wasn't an impression any recruit would be under. Wojo has gone above and beyond to make every person in the program feel valuable. An actual quote from the guy who now works for Wojo as a manger: "I actually enjoy coming into work now. Wojo has changed pretty much everything")

In regards to Henry, and I know people here have sources that have indicated similar things, and Mark Miller tweeting positive things has been great as well, but my buddy said the staff is really confident in landing Henry. Not only because of Wally, but because of the familiarity with others too (Nick, being close to home, etc.) and his relationship with Wojo being maybe the biggest thing. So who knows, just wanted to pass along some things I'd heard. Both encouraging, and let's really hope these two guys commit. Couldn't ask for a better first few months if we land them. In Wojo We Trust.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 03:15:44 PM »
He said typical protocol for visits like that is that the entire team (coaches, managers, players) plus the recruit and his family go to Wojo's house for lunch the day after the recruit sees campus, the Al, the Bradley Center.

As for Haanif, my buddy said he was really reserved (pretty typical for a recruit in a setting he's not familiar with) but that he seemed to really enjoy the visit in general and hit it off with the current guys on the team as the visit went on. Haanif commended MU for being very "family-oriented" in terms of close relationships and get-togethers like that at Wojo's place with everyone on the team involved. (Honestly, super refreshing to hear that because I was a student manager my freshman year under Buzz and that wasn't an impression any recruit would be under. Wojo has gone above and beyond to make every person in the program feel valuable. An actual quote from the guy who now works for Wojo as a manger: "I actually enjoy coming into work now. Wojo has changed pretty much everything")

In regards to Henry, and I know people here have sources that have indicated similar things, and Mark Miller tweeting positive things has been great as well, but my buddy said the staff is really confident in landing Henry. Not only because of Wally, but because of the familiarity with others too (Nick, being close to home, etc.) and his relationship with Wojo being maybe the biggest thing. So who knows, just wanted to pass along some things I'd heard. Both encouraging, and let's really hope these two guys commit. Couldn't ask for a better first few months if we land them. In Wojo We Trust.

Thanks for the info. All stuff I like hearing.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 03:16:11 PM »
People are getting antsy, we really need the season to get here
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 03:17:06 PM »

Curbs move so fast; not easy to stay ahead of 'em.

OK, I'll apologize now for being a jerk. I just couldn't resist throwing this kind of, um, curb-ball!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 03:21:32 PM »
Curbs move so fast; not easy to stay ahead of 'em.

OK, I'll apologize now for being a jerk. I just couldn't resist throwing this kind of, um, curb-ball!
Lol all good man.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 03:23:54 PM »
Lol all good man.

You're a good sport, Johnny. Thanks for taking that in the spirit intended.

And BTW, I agree with those who say there was nothing wrong with having started this post. The previous one had devolved into goofiness ... and I plead guilty for helping it get there.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 03:39:45 PM »

Thanks for the great post.  And also thanks to the OP, for starting a new thread that hopefully stays about Cheatham.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 04:07:53 PM »

So what kind of shoes was he wearing?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 04:09:24 PM »

Seriously, nice post. 

Which team were you a student manager on?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 04:21:37 PM »
You guyz still ain't caught up with the curb.

Maybe there's a Hannif in addition to Haanif?

PS - if he commits to MU, I will try to drop by to a HS game or two of his this winter.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 04:45:15 PM »
You guyz still ain't caught up with the curb.

Maybe there's a Hannif in addition to Haanif?

PS - if he commits to MU, I will try to drop by to a HS game or two of his this winter.
My bad on the spelling I'll pay attention in spelling class

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2014, 05:19:37 PM »
An actual quote from the guy who now works for Wojo as a manger: "I actually enjoy coming into work now. Wojo has changed pretty much everything")

The irony of this is that Bert made his humble origins as a student manager the foundational bedrock of his personal narrative. Looks like it is just so much more bull sh!t from another con artist. I hope that f ucking phony crashes and burns at VPI.

Death on call

feedback