[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2014-15 college football thread  (Read 36329 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: 2014-15 college football thread
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 08:55:19 PM »
We still gonna pretend the big ten is not overrated as a conference at football?

ND handling UM right now.
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 12:21:03 AM »
We still gonna pretend the big ten is not overrated as a conference at football?

I don't think so....who is saying they are good?  To be overrated you have to be rated highly as a conference, which they really aren't.  SEC and Pac 12 remain the class of college football.  Big Ten is around 5th.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 01:04:23 AM »
BIG TEN collapse today Mich ST. Ohio st, talk about blowing your Out of confrence games.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 01:13:47 AM »
Simeon looked awful. His receivers were open all day and he couldn't hit them. Rotating 3 RBs didn't help either. They just need to let Green get in a groove. Fitz is in trouble if things don't pan out.

The 'Cats look like a 3-win team.

I thought the first couple of years with Hankwitz as D-coordinator, he had the 'Cats playing much better defense. But, the unit has really regressed the past two years. A change needs to be made there.

However, what really is puzzling is how the 'Cats have completely lost their identity on offense. Siemian just doesn't fit. He can't run and holds the ball. The offense is designed to have the qb as a running threat and the passing game to be quick, high percentage passes. Time to give Oliver a look.

Also, it would be nice if Fitz could recruit a running back. Other than one year of Mark (a converted wr), that position has been a wasteland under him. Really, really poor recruiting at the position.

To be honest, I think Fitz is an empty suit, or in case of a football coach, sweats. He certainly looks, talks and acts the part, but take a deeper look. Game management, poor. Special teams, the unit he directly coordinates, god-awful (every season). And, lately, issues within the locker room and questions about team morale. Frankly, it was the hiring of McCall and Hankwitz in '08 that got the program moving in the Fitz era.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 06:25:57 AM »
I believe this drags down the B1?'s OOC schedule strength to the point that even if one of the teams runs the table the rest of the way, it will be a long shot to make the playoff.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2014, 06:57:49 AM »

Who thought they were rated high?  The conference has had serious, fundamental flaws on how it approaches football for years and this is the chickens coming home to roost.

brandx

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2014, 10:13:49 AM »

Who thought they were rated high?  The conference has had serious, fundamental flaws on how it approaches football for years and this is the chickens coming home to roost.

The B10 has moved on from 3 yards and a cloud of dust..... to where other schools were 10-15 years ago.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2014, 10:36:22 AM »

I thought the first couple of years with Hankwitz as D-coordinator, he had the 'Cats playing much better defense. But, the unit has really regressed the past two years. A change needs to be made there.

However, what really is puzzling is how the 'Cats have completely lost their identity on offense. Siemian just doesn't fit. He can't run and holds the ball. The offense is designed to have the qb as a running threat and the passing game to be quick, high percentage passes. Time to give Oliver a look.

Also, it would be nice if Fitz could recruit a running back. Other than one year of Mark (a converted wr), that position has been a wasteland under him. Really, really poor recruiting at the position.

To be honest, I think Fitz is an empty suit, or in case of a football coach, sweats. He certainly looks, talks and acts the part, but take a deeper look. Game management, poor. Special teams, the unit he directly coordinates, god-awful (every season). And, lately, issues within the locker room and questions about team morale. Frankly, it was the hiring of McCall and Hankwitz in '08 that got the program moving in the Fitz era.

This is what happens to a team that attempts to unionize.    :P

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2014, 12:00:59 PM »

Yeaaa. The only thing I disagree with is that I really like Justin Jackson.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2014, 08:02:07 PM »
Thoughts on Emmert/NCAA lifting all the sanctions at Penn St?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2014, 03:19:39 AM »
Now that games are running 3 1/2 - 4 hours, I don't care anymore. Not worth the investment of time.

the games run 4 hours because the IBFP Union Contract stipulates that the players get a guaranteed minimum of a 4 hour workday

Death on call

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2014, 06:32:13 PM »
Congrats to TAMU and the Aggies.  Nice job in the last 2 minutes, and OT.

I think Keefe is going to jump off a building tonight.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2014, 06:34:13 PM »

Bielema has that Arkansas program headed in the right direction though.  The SEC is really head and shoulders above the rest of college football.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2014, 07:56:16 PM »

Did Keefe's dad believe in the moon landing?
-Sultan

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2014, 12:26:49 AM »

Thank you sir. It was a great game for sure. Despite being down two touchdowns in the 4th, there was this odd calm I had that we were never in danger of losing. We got ourselves into that position with some key drops. Knew those would go away when it mattered.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2014, 02:12:09 AM »

Little Brown Jug...Good Lord. First a year of Bert and now the meltdown in Ann Arbor...

Death on call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2014, 06:27:15 AM »
Little Brown Jug...Good Lord. First a year of Bert and now the meltdown in Ann Arbor...

First time in its 135 year history that Michigan has had three losses by the end of September.

Thought you might like this read keefe.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/road-saturday/201409/michigan-wolverines-football-dave-brandon-tickets-problems-corporate

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2014, 10:13:11 AM »

First time in its 135 year history that Michigan has had three losses by the end of September.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/road-saturday/201409/michigan-wolverines-football-dave-brandon-tickets-problems-corporate

Even Northwestern hasn't managed to lose 3 yet.

brandx

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2014, 10:24:07 AM »

Hat sigh has already started packing.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2014, 11:03:26 AM »

Absolutely scathing commentary by Bacon. And for the record - the author has impeccable Wolverine credentials so the poignancy of his pathos will not be lost on the Michigan faithful. Hiring Brandon was an intriguing decision that raised eyebrows but was cautiously applauded for its audacity. His tenure has proven that there is a profound difference between peddling a commodity and stewarding a patrician pedigree. He doesn't seem to fathom that one cannot inveigle without lessening the intrinsic value.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2014, 03:24:39 PM »

Welcome back Keefe