'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Diamond Stone reveals top 5 schools  (Read 13047 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone reveals top 5 schools
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 08:27:35 PM »
Would like Maryland in the Big Ten out of that group.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 08:29:39 PM »
Just Thinking------SAM DEKKER, from what I was told by you guys, Buzz never was interested in him as he
was a lock for Wisco. Now, BRONSON KOENIG, KEVON LOONEY and now DIAMOND STONE. Understand
Looney is good academically, Koenig also, not sure of Stone. We missed out on some very talented players.
WHY can't we grab some of this talent? Hopefully ELLENSON comes. It will be less hurting. When this state
produces top grade players, MU can't sign them or the players leave the state or Wisco signs them. Someone
is missing the Boat.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 08:41:10 PM »
Just Thinking------SAM DEKKER, from what I was told by you guys, Buzz never was interested in him as he
was a lock for Wisco. Now, BRONSON KOENIG, KEVON LOONEY and now DIAMOND STONE. Understand
Looney is good academically, Koenig also, not sure of Stone. We missed out on some very talented players.
WHY can't we grab some of this talent? Hopefully ELLENSON comes. It will be less hurting. When this state
produces top grade players, MU can't sign them or the players leave the state or Wisco signs them. Someone
is missing the Boat.

I hope this is an instance where you felt teal was unnecessary.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 09:41:46 PM »
I think this whole top 5 thing is a function of the social media age in combination with the limit on 5 official trips. My sense is there is one clear favorite. Maryland and Oklahoma State are not attractive schools. Duke Wisconsin and U Conn are.

As for Stone , it would be great if we could somehow pull of a long shot and get him to come here. I think a lot of his school selection is also in coordination with his cousin who is a strong player in her own right. 

Like I have said before. He is a top 10-15 player who comes along every year. The only difference is he is a hometown kid so we hoped we had a better chance. I think if Wojo had a year under his belt at MU this would be different story.

Wish him the best of luck in his school selection.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2014, 11:33:48 PM »
is missing the Boat.

Not sure if teal but.....Burton, Wilson, Fischer,  Heldt, Noskowiak, Cohen....maybe Ellenson.....all top 100 guys from the state

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2014, 07:36:46 AM »
Stone plays for an Under Armour AAU team.  Maryland is an Under Armour school. Think about it.

hoyasincebirth

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2014, 07:49:54 AM »
Interesting list. Might help Georgetown's chances with Ivan Rabb since there was some talk of a triple package deal of Rabb, Stone, and Newman to Kentucky. On the other hand not getting stone means UK may go all in on Rabb now which might decrease our chances.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2014, 08:05:02 AM »
Stone plays for an Under Armour AAU team.  Maryland is an Under Armour school. Think about it.

Obviously! How did no one else make that connection. Can't imagine him putting a Nike jersey on at the next level.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 08:12:01 AM »
is missing the Boat.

Dekker was never interested in MU.
MU wasn't interested in Koenig (and the feeling was mutual) after Duane was signed.
Looney went out of state.  My guess is Stone does too.

MU has signed a bunch of top 100 Wisconsin guys over the past few years.  No one is missing anything.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 10:18:32 AM »

nm
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:24:50 AM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2014, 10:23:33 AM »
Obviously! How did no one else make that connection. Can't imagine him putting a Nike jersey on at the next level.

Have you ever heard of Sonny Vaccaro?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2014, 12:27:58 PM »
Yep EAGLE 1090 your right but wouldn't Koenig, Looney and Stone look good with Heldt, Noskowiak, Cohen,
Wilson, Burton, W. Ellenson and hopefully H. Ellenson? These are number ones in their class. Henry is right
there with Stone. Maybe a little overloaded but this would be great for Marquette and Wisconsin H.S. basket-
ball. Can't forget big Luke either.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2014, 12:39:57 PM »
Yep EAGLE 1090 your right but wouldn't Koenig, Looney and Stone look good with Heldt, Noskowiak, Cohen,
Wilson, Burton, W. Ellenson and hopefully H. Ellenson? These are number ones in their class. Henry is right
there with Stone. Maybe a little overloaded but this would be great for Marquette and Wisconsin H.S. basket-

Because not everyone wants to stay in state for school? I mean when you were making your college choice remember thinking "should I stay in state or no" well some people choose out of state.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2014, 12:44:57 PM »
Theory: Wojo probably told him to go to Duke, in return for Coach K advising H. Ellenson to come here. I'm cool wit dat

Ok, this probably didn't happen, but its not out of the realm of possibility for coaches within the same tree to help scratch eachothers backs once in a while...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:47:41 PM by Bleuteaux »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 01:05:49 PM »
Theory: Wojo probably told him to go to Duke, in return for Coach K advising H. Ellenson to come here. I'm cool wit dat

Ok, this probably didn't happen, but its not out of the realm of possibility for coaches within the same tree to help scratch eachothers backs once in a while...

I actually considered this but didn't wanna get torn apart for posting the theory. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2014, 01:13:47 PM »

That would make some sense, in that a recruit might listen to Coach K when he gives him advice on where to go. I don't think Wojo has that kind of sway yet though  ;D

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2014, 01:49:27 PM »

Yes, I think MU should recruit all of the good players in Wisconsin.

Realistically, MU isn't going to land all of them.

That's how it works.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2014, 03:40:33 PM »
You can't seriously be criticizing MU's record of landing big-time recruits from Wisconsin.   MU has more than held its own.   Of course they aren't going to land every one.   No school ever completely locks up its home state.    MU has been doing fine for several years.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2014, 04:19:12 PM »
Have you ever heard of Sonny Vaccaro?

Nope. But my guess is you have, and somehow legitimizes headband's claim. It's still ridiculous, if he's including Maryland because of under armor than it's likely a favor.