collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: New Islamic centers in US  (Read 15783 times)

brandx

Re: New Islamic centers in US
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 09:43:15 AM »
Muslims, Jews and Christians all follow the same god... otherwise, why all the fighting?

Think about it... kids argue about whose dad can beat up the other kid's dad, though nobody actually throws punches over it.  But siblings clamoring for attention from their parents won't hesitate to break out the claws and teeth.

That's what religious discord is... children of the same god fighting about who can be a better ass-kisser.

Well put.

Believing in God isn't the problem. Having these powerful cults to tell people how they need to manifest that belief is, however.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2014, 09:43:33 AM »
Muslims, Jews and Christians all follow the same god... otherwise, why all the fighting?

Think about it... kids argue about whose dad can beat up the other kid's dad, though nobody actually throws punches over it.  But siblings clamoring for attention from their parents won't hesitate to break out the claws and teeth.

That's what religious discord is... children of the same god fighting about who can be a better ass-kisser.

You'd think. But listen to the polemic coming out of the madrassas in SW Asia and you would be a bit more cynical about your universalism

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 09:57:35 AM »
Where's Waldo?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 10:44:49 AM »
You'd think. But listen to the polemic coming out of the madrassas in SW Asia and you would be a bit more cynical about your universalism

Actually, that fits the analogy perfectly.  Said marassas are merely the teenager who tells her parents she hates them and wishes she had never been born when deep down all she wants is her dad's attention.

If you live in SW Asia with a bunch of sand and camels, you'd probably think God isn't paying much attention to you, and so you go around dressing in black, acting out for attention, and threatening to martyr yourself as payback. 

In other words, these ISIS morons are simply the goth chick in the world's nuclear family.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2014, 10:55:23 AM »
Actually, that fits the analogy perfectly.  Said marassas are merely the teenager who tells her parents she hates them and wishes she had never been born when deep down all she wants is her dad's attention.

If you live in SW Asia with a bunch of sand and camels, you'd probably think God isn't paying much attention to you, and so you go around dressing in black, acting out for attention, and threatening to martyr yourself as payback. 

In other words, these ISIS morons are simply the goth chick in the world's nuclear family.

Very well said.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2014, 04:51:31 PM »
isis, isil, al queda, whatever you want to call them are not a religion under the more commonly held interpretation which i believe to be a collection of beliefs toward which lead to a better life. o.k., a better life according to who?  well i suppose isis et. al. truly believe what they are doing is just that. however, they are a violent, evil, barbaric, nonhuman, etc. group of individuals demanding control over a populace under the guise of a "religion".  hence the phrase, he/she is a religious person.  well i guess the isis dudes are "religious" too then?  isis,  i would submit is really a political movement operating under the pretense of religion.  if i were truly muslim, i would be screaming from the mountain top against these evil groups as they are contaminating their own cause and allowing the formation of the biases that shadow them
don't...don't don't don't don't

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2014, 08:34:02 PM »
isis, isil, al queda, whatever you want to call them are not a religion under the more commonly held interpretation which i believe to be a collection of beliefs toward which lead to a better life. o.k., a better life according to who?  well i suppose isis et. al. truly believe what they are doing is just that. however, they are a violent, evil, barbaric, nonhuman, etc. group of individuals demanding control over a populace under the guise of a "religion".  hence the phrase, he/she is a religious person.  well i guess the isis dudes are "religious" too then?  isis,  i would submit is really a political movement operating under the pretense of religion.  if i were truly muslim, i would be screaming from the mountain top against these evil groups as they are contaminating their own cause and allowing the formation of the biases that shadow them

Are you referring to the "JV"?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »
isis,  i would submit is really a political movement operating under the pretense of religion.  if i were truly muslim, i would be screaming from the mountain top against these evil groups as they are contaminating their own cause and allowing the formation of the biases that shadow them

Problem is, you don't hear (or at least I haven't) all that many Muslims "screaming from the mountain tops" about the evil that is Isis or Al Qaeda. Whether it's fear, sympathy with the cause or something else, most of the Islamic world has been pretty quiet.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 09:48:02 PM »
Problem is, you don't hear (or at least I haven't) all that many Muslims "screaming from the mountain tops" about the evil that is Isis or Al Qaeda. Whether it's fear, sympathy with the cause or something else, most of the Islamic world has been pretty quiet.

my guess and i would hope their silence is due to a fear of reprisal, but some will argue that saying or doing nothing can also be an act of compliance or allegiance from the "jv" team trying to be kobe

brandx

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 09:54:38 PM »

Well since you are a white christian, you can do the next best thing. Get up on that mountaintop and scream out that you are tired of our country killing muslims by the thousands. Or, get up their and scream that you are tired of white cops targeting blacks for the crime of being black.

If you're not shouting about it - you are supporting it. I think that is your logic.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2014, 09:59:23 PM »

Yes they do, just because the mainstream news isn't reporting it, most Muslims are against it.  This is why I'm not going to brand all of them under one umbrella.  I work with these people, they find no joy in the actions of the crazies.   I doubt most Catholics and Protestants were thrilled with bombings in Northern Ireland for years, either.

I'm more worried about how to deal with the crazies....sure sounds like "we don't have a strategy".

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2014, 01:13:02 AM »
Yes they do, just because the mainstream news isn't reporting it, most Muslims are against it.  This is why I'm not going to brand all of them under one umbrella.  I work with these people, they find no joy in the actions of the crazies.   I doubt most Catholics and Protestants were thrilled with bombings in Northern Ireland for years, either.

I'm more worried about how to deal with the crazies....sure sounds like "we don't have a strategy".

that is good to hear that most muslims are against the jihadists-thanks for that.  as for brandy, i don't know where that came from??  ?-(  he sounds a little angry again.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2014, 09:52:11 AM »

We agree on something!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2014, 09:54:23 AM »
We agree on something!

I hope your guy finds that strategy soon.   Imagine the ease of which people with very bad intentions are walking over our borders each and every day.  It's going to take another 9/11 for some people in this country to wake up and actually enforce the laws on the books, but until that happens it's all about cheap labor for one side and power\future dependent voters on the other.  Criminal

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2014, 10:46:31 AM »

Death on call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2014, 11:00:41 AM »
I hope your guy finds that strategy soon.   Imagine the ease of which people with very bad intentions are walking over our borders each and every day.  It's going to take another 9/11 for some people in this country to wake up and actually enforce the laws on the books, but until that happens it's all about cheap labor for one side and power\future dependent voters on the other.  Criminal

9/11 terrorists were legal immigrants.

But hey, why not roll up all your talking points into one nice little sentence to show your ignorance.

brandx

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2014, 11:03:03 AM »
that is good to hear that most muslims are against the jihadists-thanks for that.  as for brandy, i don't know where that came from??  ?-(  he sounds a little angry again.

Maybe a little ranty ;D

My point was that most of us do not scream from the mountaintop when this country does something reprehensible. Why do we expect Muslims to do it then?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2014, 01:44:05 PM »
Maybe a little ranty ;D

My point was that most of us do not scream from the mountaintop when this country does something reprehensible. Why do we expect Muslims to do it then?

ok, "scream from the mountain tops" was probably over stating it, but let's just say, being a little more vocal about it ;)

brandx

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2014, 01:47:40 PM »
ok, "scream from the mountain tops" was probably over stating it, but let's just say, being a little more vocal about it ;)

I,  too, wish they would be more vocal about it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2014, 01:49:07 PM »

9/11 terrorists were legal immigrants.

But hey, why not roll up all your talking points into one nice little sentence to show your ignorance.

not so sure about that...one was on student visa and the rest were in on tourist or business visas.  i believe they were over staying these visas too, but not positive about that
http://www.factcheck.org/2013/05/911-hijackers-and-student-visas/

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2014, 07:22:47 PM »
not so sure about that...one was on student visa and the rest were in on tourist or business visas.  i believe they were over staying these visas too, but not positive about that

Three were here on overstayed visas....the 20th "hijacker" (Moussauoi) also was beyond his visa terms.

Thanks for quoting Sultan, I figured he wouldn't get it.  ::)  I never said the 9/11 terrorists were illegal immigrants.  The problem is that our borders are such a joke, that having someone come in to do damage through that sieve is more likely than someone going through an airplane checkpoint, etc.  Especially with the policy of the last 20+ years.

It's about the enforcement of who comes and goes, which we don't have a handle on at all.  It will take a 9/11 type incident to wake people up.  If such an incident happens and it is proven how those folks came in to do their dirty work...that was the point and an easy one to understand.

“A review of ISIS social media messaging during the week ending August 26 shows that militants are expressing an increased interest in the notion that they could clandestinely infiltrate the southwest border of US, for terror attack,” warns the Texas Department of Public Safety "situational awareness" bulletin."

“Social media account holders believed to be ISIS militants and propagandists have called for unspecified border operations, or they have sought to raise awareness that illegal entry through Mexico is a viable option,” states the law enforcement bulletin, which is not classified.

Intelligence officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the terrorist groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to one JW source.  “It’s coming very soon,” according to this high-level source, who clearly identified the groups planning the plots as “ISIS and Al Qaeda.” An attack is so imminent that the commanding general at Ft. Bliss, the U.S. Army post in El Paso, is being briefed, another source confirms. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not respond to multiple inquiries from Judicial Watch, both telephonic and in writing, about this information.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:34:36 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2014, 10:06:51 PM »
You know why Chicos didn't provide a link for this story?

Because it was from The Blaze.  LOL.  Of course...

Obviously we need a better immigration policy.  There are all sorts of compromises that both sides could make to get us there but obviously both sides would rather play politics than come up with something workable.  However ISIS coming across our borders isn't not really that much of a concern...political scaremongering.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2014, 10:07:20 PM »
not so sure about that...one was on student visa and the rest were in on tourist or business visas.  i believe they were over staying these visas too, but not positive about that

You are correct.  They didn't enter the country illegally however.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2014, 10:27:28 PM »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2014, 11:07:17 PM »

Death on call