'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:01:08 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Mayo Interview  (Read 27895 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Mayo Interview
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 07:39:31 PM »
I'm going to miss broadcasters telling us that Todd is the brother of OJ Mayo.  That never got old. 

Oh, and did you hear that Otule has a glass eye?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 08:36:45 PM »
Let's not kid ourselves. Todd was shown to door.  It's too bad, because he was talented.  Also sad, because it took him too long to really figure IT out.

I really wish Todd well. 

In the article, Todd made a reference about learning.  We've heard that before.  Let's hope he is sincere this time.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 08:56:05 PM »
why did he wait so long to leave MU?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 09:59:17 PM »

It really is awesome that a minor response just springs you into action.  I really shouldn't get such a perverse joy out of your over-the-top responses, but I just can't help myself.

LOL - And once again you can't comment or rebut the post I made.  Should we re-visit your same futile attempt to passive aggressively attack me - such asthe Value Add article from Bama? 

Ironically, I find a perverse joy in how frequently the content of your posts is straight up foot in the mouth material.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 10:11:04 PM »
Todd Mayo owes me a Beer.... Because I spit mine out reading him compare himself to Damian Lillard.....

Ha ha no way.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 10:23:39 PM »
Let's not kid ourselves. Todd was shown to door.  It's too bad, because he was talented.  Also sad, because it took him too long to really figure IT out.

I really wish Todd well. 

In the article, Todd made a reference about learning.  We've heard that before.  Let's hope he is sincere this time.

......I'd say he opened the door, had his upper torso out and one leg well before it got to that point. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 10:27:45 PM »
Ask him what? And in what city's unemployment line might we find him? I see Scott Pilarz is back working at the high school level - maybe he'll hire Larry.

Oh, LW is doing just fine in the consulting realm right now.  

Asking LW about a number of things with the past staff is a chance to get around the fire, have a hot apple cider, enjoy some marshmellows and smores, and tell horror stories with the flashlight.....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 10:31:25 PM »
LOL - And once again you can't comment or rebut the post I made.  Should we re-visit your same futile attempt to passive aggressively attack me - such asthe Value Add article from Bama? 

Ironically, I find a perverse joy in how frequently the content of your posts is straight up foot in the mouth material.

Is this the same attitude that caused BMA to leave?

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 10:33:41 PM »
why did he wait so long to leave MU?

He had no other option.  

Buzz knew he was a bad seed.  But given his age and after Huggins backed off, Huggs steered him to MU, because Buzz and Huggs were two peas in a pod.....yes hugs backed off Todd....despite what was reported....despite the WV on his arm....and despite Huggs typically compromising all standards.

Huggs had influence on mom.. He steered OJ from WV to NCH (north college hill) in cincy. He steered Todd to MU as a favor to Buzz.

Buzz knew Todd would be trapped if he came to MU.   That was his pitch to AD. The biggest surprise is his loyalty to buzz because buzz screwed him when he left.  He knows he has no legit option in D1. Buzz soured on him though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:38:15 PM by Knight Commission »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2014, 11:01:15 PM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2014, 12:00:25 AM »
I have a kilt like that. I don't wear it with my sperrys, though.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2014, 02:22:03 AM »
I have a kilt like that. I don't wear it with my sperrys, though.

Since you wear a kilt do you wear socks with your Topsiders?

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 09:55:23 AM »
Mayo never had so much fun fookin' himself, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2014, 09:57:50 AM »
He had no other option.  

Buzz knew he was a bad seed.  But given his age and after Huggins backed off, Huggs steered him to MU, because Buzz and Huggs were two peas in a pod.....yes hugs backed off Todd....despite what was reported....despite the WV on his arm....and despite Huggs typically compromising all standards.

Huggs had influence on mom.. He steered OJ from WV to NCH (north college hill) in cincy. He steered Todd to MU as a favor to Buzz.

Buzz knew Todd would be trapped if he came to MU.   That was his pitch to AD. The biggest surprise is his loyalty to buzz because buzz screwed him when he left.  He knows he has no legit option in D1. Buzz soured on him though.

It must be a miserable world that u live in.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2014, 10:41:39 AM »

Asking LW about a number of things with the past staff is a chance to get around the fire, have a hot apple cider, enjoy some marshmellows and smores, and tell horror stories with the flashlight.....

Only if someone is predisposed to believe the musings of a bitter guy canned for cause after the briefest stint as athletic director in MU history.

I do smile at the picture you paint, though - you and LW under a nice warm blankie, appetites (for food, anyway) sated by roasted weenies and marshmellows. Scott Pilarz nearby, reading aloud the romantic poetry of Robert and Elizabeth Barrett Browning....your eyes as wide as saucers, you turn to LW and ask:

"Did you really go to Notre Dame? And play football there?" He smiles, nods, squeezes your hand, "And in the NFL". Your head now spinning, "Tell me about the famous people you've met - I live to name drop". His brow furrows, "Probably the most famous was Buzz Williams, the popular and successful  basketball coach. Yeah, he was popular, alright. Successful, too, but I was his BOSS, dammit! Here's this freakin' hick who went to a junior college and got his masters at Oklahoma frackin' City and the SOB wouldn't kiss my ND ring. Can you believe it!?" "I'll kiss your ring", you coo. "Later. First, let me make up, er, tell you some stories about the bad man who got me fired". "I'm all ears, Larry - Scott, give the poetry a freakin' rest, would you?"

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2014, 10:49:18 AM »
Only if someone is predisposed to believe the musings of a bitter guy canned for cause after the briefest stint as athletic director in MU history.

I do smile at the picture you paint, though - you and LW under a nice warm blankie, appetites (for food, anyway) sated by roasted weenies and marshmellows. Scott Pilarz nearby, reading aloud the romantic poetry of Robert and Elizabeth Barrett Browning....your eyes as wide as saucers, you turn to LW and ask:

"Did you really go to Notre Dame? And play football there?" He smiles, nods, squeezes your hand, "And in the NFL". Your head now spinning, "Tell me about the famous people you've met - I live to name drop". His brow furrows, "Probably the most famous was Buzz Williams, the popular and successful  basketball coach. Yeah, he was popular, alright. Successful, too, but I was his BOSS, dammit! Here's this freakin' hick who went to a junior college and got his masters at Oklahoma frackin' City and the SOB wouldn't kiss my ND ring. Can you believe it!?" "I'll kiss your ring", you coo. "Later. First, let me make up, er, tell you some stories about the bad man who got me fired". "I'm all ears, Larry - Scott, give the poetry a freakin' rest, would you?"

Thank you for an entertaining morning read.  Well done.

Chicos - How about you just flat out say what you have to say about Larry and his dealings with Buzz.  Let's hear all the dirty secrets.  If they are true, it isn't libel - so why not share with the rest of the Scoop community all you know/knew about how shady Buzz was (in your view.)

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 10:51:27 AM »

sounds like chicos early days with tommy, until it all soured when tommy would no longer give him the pleasure of a reach around and dissed his choices in beer.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2014, 11:51:27 AM »
Thank you for an entertaining morning read.  Well done.

Chicos - How about you just flat out say what you have to say about Larry and his dealings with Buzz.  Let's hear all the dirty secrets.  If they are true, it isn't libel - so why not share with the rest of the Scoop community all you know/knew about how shady Buzz was (in your view.)

It's much more fun watching Lenny and others hang themselves with their comments and then watching the gymnastics of untying themselves or totally going silent.  Give a little rope to them, watch them get all their panties in a wad and hang themselves with it is much more enjoyable.  The amount of malformed information on LW alone here is enough to make one shake their head, but that doesn't stop them from introducing narratives that would make Josh Shaw proud.  For example, reading comments about MU not being sued and the defense of various people's actions are always a delight, especially when they are said with such confidence and are 100% false....truly something to behold.  Many people either not knowing what happened, or flat out ignoring it and pushing their version to protect what...a memory?   Let them push it, and then let the facts come in and set them straight. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2014, 11:54:23 AM »
It's much more fun watching Lenny and others hang themselves with their comments and then watching the gymnastics of untying themselves or totally going silent.  Give a little rope to them, watch them get all their panties in a wad and hang themselves with it is much more enjoyable.  The amount of malformed information on LW alone here is enough to make one shake their head, but that doesn't stop them from introducing narratives that would make Josh Shaw proud.  For example, reading comments about MU not being sued and the defense of various people's actions are always a delight, especially when they are said with such confidence and are 100% false....truly something to behold.  Many people either not knowing what happened, or flat out ignoring it and pushing their version to protect what...a memory?   Let them push it, and then let the facts come in and set them straight. 

In other words, you don't really know. You just like to brag about what you know but won't share.

Reminds me of when I was 12 and claimed to have a girlfriend in California.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2014, 11:55:58 AM »

Was she hot???

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2014, 11:56:17 AM »
Reading this board is more dramatic than watching a Spanish soap opera

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2014, 12:07:47 PM »
In other words, you don't really know. You just like to brag about what you know but won't share.

You've nailed it. The emperor has no clothes.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2014, 12:22:01 PM »
But he can name drop the names of 5 great designers and 2 really good tailors.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2014, 01:12:17 PM »

Wow, simply a masterpiece!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2014, 07:25:38 PM »

Funny, a few months ago when I hinted here that Mayo wouldn't be back, the same type of charges were made. 

Hmm.....how did that work out?

There's a thing about protecting sources and contacts, but whatever. 

feedback