2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 15, 2024, 10:20:46 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[April 15, 2024, 10:12:01 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

[Paint Touches] Shaka reaffirms MU commitment by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 15, 2024, 07:07:35 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Aaron Falzon definitely not coming to Marquette  (Read 16015 times)

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
Aaron Falzon definitely not coming to Marquette
« on: August 26, 2014, 03:05:57 PM »
My little brother is at a Nike bball camp this week in Boston and Aaron Falzon is one of the camp councillors. He said that he is "definitely not coming to Marquette". He would rather stay closer to home. His top 2 choices are BC and Harvard. He's leaning towards BC because he thinks the academic workload at Harvard is way to tough. Looks like he's going to settle for being an Eagle and not a Golden Eagle(or warrior).

Texas Western

• All American
Re: Aaron Falzon definitely not coming to Marquette
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 03:24:43 PM »
That is too bad. He would be a nice addition.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 03:44:43 PM »
Falzon is a nice player but Wojo has somebody else in mind for that spot.

Best of luck to the young man.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • βœ… Verified Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 04:00:08 PM »
Falzon is a nice player but Wojo has somebody else in mind for that spot.

Best of luck to the young man.

*crosses fingers*

I hope it's me!

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 04:15:17 PM »
I would choose Harvard over BC....despite the academic overload. Nothing against BC, in fact it was #1 for me.  But a Harvard degree, with a bball letter....arguably more lucrative than a Wooden Finalist.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 05:16:10 PM »
We'll good luck and good buy  :D

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 06:10:00 PM »
Best of luck to him. I don't think Wojo got in on him quick enough to truly ever have a chance....and as MuMark said, Wojo has someone else in mind for that spot.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 09:11:24 PM »
Well, clearly this Falzon isn't all that good. At a minimum, I find his judgment wanting.

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 06:47:43 AM »
I would choose Harvard over BC....despite the academic overload. Nothing against BC, in fact it was #1 for me.  But a Harvard degree, with a bball letter....arguably more lucrative than a Wooden Finalist.

You just have to remain eligible.  Seriously, playing a competitive Division I sport while getting a Harvard education would require a Herculean effort that's outside the abilities of all but a very few.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 08:11:16 AM »
Well, clearly this Falzon isn't all that good. At a minimum, I find his judgment wanting.

Yeah he must not be a very intelligent kid either.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 11:03:44 AM »
Yeah he must not be a very intelligent kid either.

Well, if he ends up at BC I would suggest he's a f ucking idiot

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 11:53:47 AM »
You just have to remain eligible.  Seriously, playing a competitive Division I sport while getting a Harvard education would require a Herculean effort that's outside the abilities of all but a very few.

We had a kid in the neighborhood that got a football scholarship to Haaaavaaad.  Very bright kid and a gifted athlete.

He chose to leave after freshman year.  He didn't like the culture of the school.  He was too Midwestern, and didn't like the cliquee, East Coast boarding school persona that he found on campus.

Not for everyone.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 12:12:02 PM »
We had a kid in the neighborhood that got a football scholarship to Haaaavaaad.  Very bright kid and a gifted athlete.

He chose to leave after freshman year.  He didn't like the culture of the school.  He was too Midwestern, and didn't like the cliquee, East Coast boarding school persona that he found on campus.

Not for everyone.

Unless I am mistaken, and I believe Harvard may have been the first school to change this so maybe that's what it is, but Ivy League schools do not give out athletic scholarships.  At the same time, they do not have a set tuition.  For all students, tuition at an Ivy League school is based on family income.  The lower the family income, the lower the tuition and vice versa.  And if one Ivy League school sets their tuition at $X, any other Ivy League school can offer that same tuition (so for example, say Harvard sets 1 student's tuition at $25,000/year, and Cornell sets the same student's tuition at $20,000/year, I believe Harvard can offer the student a tuition of $20,000/year).  I have heard that unless you are making over a very healthy income (well into the 6 digit salary range) as a family, you will not be paying a huge amount in tuition to send a kid to an Ivy League school.

Again, Harvard may have been the first, and continues to be the only, Ivy League school who has began offering athletic scholarships.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 12:13:17 PM »
If you have a family income below a certain amount, you can go to Harvard tuition free.  Same with every other Ivy League school.  They get a lot of athletes in under those criteria.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 01:59:15 PM »
Athletic scholarships disguised as grants-in-aid
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 05:29:11 PM »
Ivy League schools need your brains, not your $-------there is plenty of that available.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 05:56:36 PM »
Unless I am mistaken, and I believe Harvard may have been the first school to change this so maybe that's what it is, but Ivy League schools do not give out athletic scholarships.  At the same time, they do not have a set tuition.  For all students, tuition at an Ivy League school is based on family income.  The lower the family income, the lower the tuition and vice versa.  And if one Ivy League school sets their tuition at $X, any other Ivy League school can offer that same tuition (so for example, say Harvard sets 1 student's tuition at $25,000/year, and Cornell sets the same student's tuition at $20,000/year, I believe Harvard can offer the student a tuition of $20,000/year).  I have heard that unless you are making over a very healthy income (well into the 6 digit salary range) as a family, you will not be paying a huge amount in tuition to send a kid to an Ivy League school.

Again, Harvard may have been the first, and continues to be the only, Ivy League school who has began offering athletic scholarships.

Athletic scholarships are not allowed by Ivy League, so if Harvard is still in the Ivy League (they are), they are not offering athletic scholarships.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 06:07:53 PM »
If you have a family income below a certain amount, you can go to Harvard tuition free.  Same with every other Ivy League school.  They get a lot of athletes in under those criteria.

They also get a lot of non-athletes in under those criteria. There are a few others who do this, too. I think Princeton is one, though I'm not completely sure.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 08:40:15 PM »
Unless I am mistaken, and I believe Harvard may have been the first school to change this so maybe that's what it is, but Ivy League schools do not give out athletic scholarships.  At the same time, they do not have a set tuition.  For all students, tuition at an Ivy League school is based on family income.  The lower the family income, the lower the tuition and vice versa.  And if one Ivy League school sets their tuition at $X, any other Ivy League school can offer that same tuition (so for example, say Harvard sets 1 student's tuition at $25,000/year, and Cornell sets the same student's tuition at $20,000/year, I believe Harvard can offer the student a tuition of $20,000/year).  I have heard that unless you are making over a very healthy income (well into the 6 digit salary range) as a family, you will not be paying a huge amount in tuition to send a kid to an Ivy League school.

This kid was middle class, like all of us in the neighborhood.

Bottom line, he went to school for fre to play football.

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
Taking an official visit to Northwestern today

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2014, 10:12:10 AM »

If you get accepted by Harvard, I'd say the chances of you being "one of the few" are pretty damn good.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 10:24:24 AM »
The Interest alone on Harvard's endowment could fund the entire school budget without accepting any tuition money.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 10:33:09 AM »
Taking an official visit to Northwestern today

So, then, definitely staying close to home?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 11:10:31 AM »
If you get accepted by Harvard, I'd say the chances of you being "one of the few" are pretty damn good.

Not to mention grade inflation runs rampant at many Ivy League schools.  Not saying it isn't a great school, cause clearly it is, but I'm saying its likely no harder to stay eligible there than any other better than average school.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2014, 08:34:39 PM »
It seems like this kid is focused on high level academic institutions. He must be a good student. He would be a great pick up if he still had interest in us.

feedback