[Today at 04:39:02 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Time for the MU community to rally  (Read 5928 times)

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
Time for the MU community to rally
« on: August 22, 2014, 11:45:51 PM »
I have heard from those in the MU community that the outpouring of support for our brother and modern day martyr James foley has been amazing. I encourage all those able to to attend the memorial Tuesday . James was one year before me and an active member of the Marquette community, a rugby player all 4 years at MU. Lets rally around the family and attend the memorial and donate to the new James Foley scholarship.  Scoop is great for many reasons.  Let's donate as a community.  If anyone close to the family has an address that we can write letters to, I encourage all to do it whether we personally knew James or not.  I know I've been personally touched by his heroism.  This is what makes the MU community unlike any other.  Who is with me during this time of tragedy ?
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
Re: Time for the MU community to rally
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:48:05 PM »
Here is a link to donate:
https://muconnect.marquette.edu/giving/foley-scholarship

I just donated $500 on behalf of his heroism
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:54:04 PM by Hold the Mayo »
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 12:10:20 AM »
Thank you for the post.

Just made a donation.

RIP, James Foley...

And remember Al's Run coming up, Scoopers!
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 12:11:00 AM »
Here is a link to donate:
https://muconnect.marquette.edu/giving/foley-scholarship

I just donated $500 on behalf of his heroism

Thank you.

Donated as well....as will my new company to match.

Mike_Marquette

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 08:07:36 AM »
Memorial service at Marquette for James Foley is Tuesday @ 6pm at Gesu.

Thank you to all who have donated.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 09:15:07 AM »
Thanks for posting link. I just donated as well.  God bless the Foley family,  Marquette and  our country. 

Mike_Marquette

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »
Easy link to the Jim Foley Scholarship to share: GO.MU.EDU/Remember-Foley.

Coach Wojo was just kind enough to RT the Tweet I sent to him. He's the best, so happy he is our Coach.

If you are on Twitter, please take a moment and cut and past this and Tweet it in an effort to get this "trending." Anderson Cooper also tweeted it out to his 5.2 Million followers.

"Ring Out Ahoya. Please RT to spread the news of the James Foley Scholarship @MarquetteU to honor Jim's life and work. GO.MU.EDU/Remember-Foley"

Mike_Marquette

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 11:25:40 AM »
Marquette just emailed the organizers of the James Foley Scholarship with great news. There's been a great deal of media and social media support. The university is very optimistic that with the publicity surrounding this and outpouring of generosity that we can make this scholarship strong. They asked us to remind people that they do not have to donate online, that they accept checks as well:

Checks can be made payable to:

Marquette University – James Foley Scholarship Fund

Send checks to:

Marquette University
University Advancement
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 12:24:54 PM »
Easy link to the Jim Foley Scholarship to share: GO.MU.EDU/Remember-Foley.

Coach Wojo was just kind enough to RT the Tweet I sent to him. He's the best, so happy he is our Coach.

If you are on Twitter, please take a moment and cut and past this and Tweet it in an effort to get this "trending." Anderson Cooper also tweeted it out to his 5.2 Million followers.

"Ring Out Ahoya. Please RT to spread the news of the James Foley Scholarship @MarquetteU to honor Jim's life and work. GO.MU.EDU/Remember-Foley"

Nice work Mike. Question though - the link you posted in this post is different than what Hold the Mayo posted in original post.  Can you clarify if they are one in the same...or if we need to focus efforts more centrally?

Lastly - don't forget to Tweet at your boy Bill O'Reilly.   ;)
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 04:12:26 PM »
Nice work Mike. Question though - the link you posted in this post is different than what Hold the Mayo posted in original post.  Can you clarify if they are one in the same...or if we need to focus efforts more centrally?

Lastly - don't forget to Tweet at your boy Bill O'Reilly.   ;)

I saw that too.

It takes the person to MU's front page that has a section on Foley albeit you have to look for it below the main pic.
SS Marquette

Mike_Marquette

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »
The mistake I made was using uppercase letters. Apparently I should have only only used lower case letters.

But the link is ok with lowercase: go.mu.edu/remember-foley

I'd like to think people can find the link. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks for the responses.

Ners: I'd like to think Bill O would help, actually.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 05:15:27 PM »
The mistake I made was using uppercase letters. Apparently I should have only only used lower case letters.

I'd like to think people can find the link. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks for the responses.

If you are talking about THE Bill O, he would likely help.  I can put a word into Fox if that helps, let me know.  No promises. 

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »

Thanks for the clarification on link to use Mike.  Donation made.  You or Chicos should reach out to Bill O'Reilly - I don't doubt for a second he'd help via a tweet, on air mention, and perhaps donation as well.  Keep up the good work Mike...wish I could make memorial Tuesday night, but have a significant business expansion rolling out this upcoming week to where it is just too prohibitive to be away as there are multiple contractors lined up for installations this week that I need to be present for.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Mike_Marquette

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 08:02:24 PM »
If you are talking about THE Bill O, he would likely help.  I can put a word into Fox if that helps, let me know.  No promises. 

Any exposure is huge. I'd like to think Bill O would help a fellow Irish Catholic. If key media figured could just Tweet alone that'd be huge. Anderson Cooper was a massive help. Jim's brother is incredibly thoughtful and articulate.

Link worked to MU.edu, just not directly to donate page so should have been ok for a few hours. Thanks for pointing out use of CAPS affected the destination.

Again the link in lower caps: go.mu.edu/remember-foley WILL WORK directly. Other still went to MU.edu which was plastered with info but direct one is definitely better.

Chicos, thank you. Sincerely.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 09:47:42 PM »
Any exposure is huge. I'd like to think Bill O would help a fellow Irish Catholic. If key media figured could just Tweet alone that'd be huge. Anderson Cooper was a massive help. Jim's brother is incredibly thoughtful and articulate.

Link worked to MU.edu, just not directly to donate page so should have been ok for a few hours. Thanks for pointing out use of CAPS affected the destination.

Again the link in lower caps: go.mu.edu/remember-foley WILL WORK directly. Other still went to MU.edu which was plastered with info but direct one is definitely better.

Chicos, thank you. Sincerely.

I'm sending it out tonight to the folks at FOX L.A....hopefully it is something they can get to O'Reilly.  Stay tuned

kaps77

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 12:17:00 AM »
Thank you for the link.  I donated and my company will match.

feedback