[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by warriorchick
[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone  (Read 243195 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone
« Reply #325 on: November 21, 2014, 04:26:13 PM »
If Diamond ends up not being eligible, I doubt he goes to a Juco.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #326 on: November 21, 2014, 04:28:40 PM »
If Diamond ends up not being eligible, I doubt he goes to a Juco.

+1.  I forget, are high school seniors eligible for the NBADL draft and then they enter the NBA draft the next year?  I believe so.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #327 on: November 21, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »
I'll take the test for him if he promises to go to MU.

I ain't the smartest there is, but I can pass!!!
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #328 on: November 21, 2014, 04:31:19 PM »
+1.  I forget, are high school seniors eligible for the NBADL draft and then they enter the NBA draft the next year?  I believe so.

Think that's correct.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #329 on: November 21, 2014, 04:43:53 PM »
Well hea definitely not going to the Harvard of the Midwest then if he can't get into UCONN then aina? Bo must have cooled on him cause he didn't have the grades.

Ellisium

• Starter
  • The Dark One Shall Rise Again
« Reply #330 on: November 21, 2014, 05:09:08 PM »

High School Seniors are eligible for the NBDL.  Although, this would be a last resort.  Division I Bball is considered the Double A of basketball and offers the most spotlight as well as brand name coaching.  Europe/Overseas offers much more money, but the competition is Triple A according to scouts.  Most kids can't handle the cultural change at 18 years old and playing time is a huge concern.  NBDL would be triple A level ball as well, but you make about 50k a year.  In fact, I just heard last night that the heralded Syracuse PG, Tyler Ennis was demoted to the NBDL. 

Brandon Jennings and Dante Exum played overseas.  I believe Exum was going to play @ Indiana if I'm not mistaken.  Not sure on that.  Jennings, nevertheless made 1.65 million his sole year in the Euroleague and received a 2 million contract from Under Armour to promote in Europe. 

brandx

« Reply #331 on: November 21, 2014, 05:17:26 PM »
UCONN.  Waiting to announce until he passes the ACT.  Save face in case he doesn't and "decides" to go overseas for a year.

The overseas thing isn't all it's cracked up to be unless you want to live in Turkey, Israel or the Far East.

These HS kids aren't gonna get the dream jobs in the great cities of Europe. There is a reason Mudiay is in  China rather than France or Spain.

And the reason Exum played in Australia is because he lived there.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:19:19 PM by brandx »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #332 on: November 21, 2014, 05:24:29 PM »
High School Seniors are eligible for the NBDL.  Although, this would be a last resort.  Division I Bball is considered the Double A of basketball and offers the most spotlight as well as brand name coaching.  Europe/Overseas offers much more money, but the competition is Triple A according to scouts.  Most kids can't handle the cultural change at 18 years old and playing time is a huge concern.  NBDL would be triple A level ball as well, but you make about 50k a year.  In fact, I just heard last night that the heralded Syracuse PG, Tyler Ennis was demoted to the NBDL. 

Brandon Jennings and Dante Exum played overseas.  I believe Exum was going to play @ Indiana if I'm not mistaken.  Not sure on that.  Jennings, nevertheless made 1.65 million his sole year in the Euroleague and received a 2 million contract from Under Armour to promote in Europe. 

Exum would have picked Indiana if he decided to play in College. His case is a bit different. He didn't decide to play overseas, he's just from Australia and decided not to come to the US for college and to go straight to the NBA

Ellisium

• Starter
  • The Dark One Shall Rise Again
« Reply #333 on: November 21, 2014, 05:36:02 PM »
Exum would have picked Indiana if he decided to play in College. His case is a bit different. He didn't decide to play overseas, he's just from Australia and decided not to come to the US for college and to go straight to the NBA

I'm well aware he's Australian.   He played @ the Australian Institute of Sport during his first year of college.  I can't remember, but I think it's about Division III level competition.  Either way, I thought it was an odd choice and a gamble.  Nonetheless, he still was drafted 5th. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #334 on: November 21, 2014, 06:36:38 PM »
So just to get this straight. You are saying, definitively, that you have inside information that Stone is going to UW?

????

No inside info on this at all, it was a gut feeling.  Nothing more.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #335 on: November 21, 2014, 08:01:58 PM »
So wait...Marquette is still trying to get Stone? Man that would be cool.

Next years recruiting class is already well more than enough for me. I just hope the kid gets to play some college ball somewhere.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #336 on: November 21, 2014, 09:00:29 PM »
This just in: Wojo is the man.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #337 on: November 21, 2014, 09:03:52 PM »

Does that mean you have perhaps changed your thoughts re: Stone going to UConn if he qualifies?

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #338 on: November 21, 2014, 09:16:08 PM »

#donedeal ?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #339 on: November 21, 2014, 09:20:50 PM »
Does that mean you have perhaps changed your thoughts re: Stone going to UConn if he qualifies?

Just means that Wojo did more with King Henry in less time than what Diamond just bought Wojo by not signing an NLI last week.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #340 on: November 21, 2014, 09:35:25 PM »
That sounds positive: going from no chance to maybe a chance.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #341 on: November 21, 2014, 09:46:48 PM »
I have always felt there was a small chance that the parents would be more comfortable with their son close by and getting the benefit Of our academic counseling. Yes I know he is a one or two and done, but it may still matter to them. A long shot but stranger things have happened.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #342 on: November 21, 2014, 11:13:08 PM »
????

No inside info on this at all, it was a gut feeling.  Nothing more.

Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #343 on: November 28, 2014, 10:16:21 AM »
Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  9m9 minutes ago
Sources close to the situation tell me Diamond Stone is a 70-30 lean to Wisconsin over UConn.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #344 on: November 28, 2014, 10:21:12 AM »
He didn't decide to play overseas, he's just from Australia

Well, then, from our perspective he chose to play overseas!

Death on call

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #345 on: November 28, 2014, 10:07:08 PM »
Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  9m9 minutes ago
Sources close to the situation tell me Diamond Stone is a 70-30 lean to Wisconsin over UConn.

Mark is in the know, and was right about Henry

Dave Krupinski

• Scholarship Player
    • Johnny Jungle
« Reply #346 on: November 28, 2014, 11:52:40 PM »
I'd be very surprised if Diamond does not wind up at UConn. Has been a top of his list and loves Coach Ollie.
www.JohnnyJungle.com
6th Man of St. John's Basketball

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #347 on: November 28, 2014, 11:56:55 PM »
I'd be very surprised if Diamond does not wind up at UConn. Has been a top of his list and loves Coach Ollie.

There's an article in the Baltimore Sun about Diamond Stone and the potential to come to Maryland.  The article itself states that there's an 80% consensus among scouts that Stone will go to UCONN.  Stone's father said a decision will come in spring. 

Dave Krupinski

• Scholarship Player
    • Johnny Jungle
« Reply #348 on: November 29, 2014, 12:12:52 AM »
There's an article in the Baltimore Sun about Diamond Stone and the potential to come to Maryland.  The article itself states that there's an 80% consensus among scouts that Stone will go to UCONN.  Stone's father said a decision will come in spring. 

No real interest for MD.
www.JohnnyJungle.com
6th Man of St. John's Basketball

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #349 on: November 29, 2014, 12:39:21 AM »

I think Dave knows his stuff.

feedback