[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone  (Read 243311 times)

Sharpie

• Team Captain
Re: Diamond Stone
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2014, 12:21:48 PM »
So you do care some, but not enough to lose sleep over, then?   ;)

Anyhow, UW@Madison will end up "second," but in reality Stone was never going to go there.  He'll end up at UCONN with UW@Madison the "runner up," but if all of a sudden the school shuts down tomorrow he'd end up at Maryland, and if that got messed up he'd go to OKState, and if that got messed up Duke, etc.  Just like JP Tokoto had UW@Madison as his "runner up" but they never had a chance with him.

Whoops. Couldn't care less. No sleep loss here haha. I do however like to look at recruits final lists and why they chose certain schools.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2014, 12:23:01 PM »
So bitter. You have absolutely no idea who Diamond chooses. If UW doesn't get Stone, who cares? Bo will win regardless.

...says the UW@Madison fan sitting on a Marquette basketball forum.  We already have the best player in the state coming to Marquette next year.  Enjoy Illikean and Thomas though!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2014, 07:35:53 PM »
To me the most interesting thing regarding the UW-Madison program will come to pass when Bo Ryan retires.  Will they make the right hire?  They are certainly not a "program" that is going thrive no matter who the coach is.  IMO its just as likely that they return to the Yoder years as it is they maintain what they have now.  My guess is we find out wihin the next 4 or 5 years.
The Badgers lowered their academic standards for sports about 30 years ago. All their programs began a steady rise as a result. I think they will continue to be a strong program post Ryan. Good coaches will want to coach there and it is a popular school for the kids.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »
...says the UW@Madison fan sitting on a Marquette basketball forum.  We already have the best player in the state coming to Marquette next year.  Enjoy Illikean and Thomas though!

Can I invite a UK poster to this board to $hit on both of you?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2014, 11:20:22 PM »
A lot of expectations in Madison this year....imagine if they didn't get back to the Final Four with almost everyone back this year.  Going to be tough.  Good luck with Stone, I imagine it's UW-madison or UCONN, but stranger things have happened. 

By the way, if I recall the top player in the country last year was recognized and he played in the Big East.   ;)

I also recall Napier being considered a top player in the country and getting recognized pretty well last year despite his conference affiliation as well.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2014, 11:24:53 PM »
I was really hoping Stone would end up at Georgetown if he decided to pass on MU. Sorry to hear that that ship has sailed (though not sorry enough to lose any sleep).

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2014, 02:05:00 PM »

My guess is that they go to Greg Gard after Bo leaves.  If he fails, there will be a number of very good coaches interested in the job.  If Marquette can survive Bob Dukiet and Mike Deane, Wisconsin certainly can survive another Brad Soderberg-type.

Tony Bennett will sell his left nut and his soul to be bos replacement. Unless they get someone better, he is the next head badger
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2014, 02:40:37 PM »
Tony Bennett will sell his left nut and his soul to be bos replacement. Unless they get someone better, he is the next head badger

Not so sure about that...Bennett family isn't thrilled with the UW administration from what I have heard. Maybe he would still take it but he has a good thing going at Virginia now....Time will tell.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2014, 04:28:42 PM »
Not so sure about that...Bennett family isn't thrilled with the UW administration from what I have heard. Maybe he would still take it but he has a good thing going at Virginia now....Time will tell.

Right now Bennett is in the best basketball conference in the country.  A better academic school, with a better climate and closer to recruiting hotbeds.  Add to the fact that they aren't thrilled with UW as a family and I'd be surprised if he wanted the job.

Maybe, returning to the state is a big deal to him, but I wouldn't give up what he has.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2014, 04:32:34 PM »
Yeah Bennett might go back, but the idea that he would "sell his left nut" to do so is completely inaccurate. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2014, 04:41:28 PM »
Yeah Bennett might go back, but the idea that he would "sell his left nut" to do so is completely inaccurate. 

It's a turn of phrase but the meaning behind it is 100% truth
TAMU

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2014, 04:46:08 PM »
It's a turn of phrase but the meaning behind it is 100% truth

No it isn't.  There are many reasons why Tony and the Bennett family aren't terribly happy with UW.  Furthermore Tony's ties there aren't strong nor deep. 

As I said, he may take the job, but it is hardly the slam dunk you are portraying.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2014, 04:55:18 PM »
Never mind
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:59:01 PM by The Adventures of HE-Man and the Kangaroo Kid »
TAMU

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2014, 05:21:13 PM »
Right now Bennett is in the best basketball conference in the country.  A better academic school, with a better climate and closer to recruiting hotbeds.  Add to the fact that they aren't thrilled with UW as a family and I'd be surprised if he wanted the job.

Maybe, returning to the state is a big deal to him, but I wouldn't give up what he has.
Agreed. ACC >Big Ten

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2014, 06:21:40 PM »

No it isn't.  There are many reasons why Tony and the Bennett family aren't terribly happy with UW.  Furthermore Tony's ties there aren't strong nor deep. 

As I said, he may take the job, but it is hardly the slam dunk you are portraying.
p

Do you mean you don't think Tony is pining for the days he used to hustle the coeds on State St as an undergrad at UW.

Oh yeah.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2014, 07:24:42 PM »
Kinda hard to do from Green Bay, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2014, 01:22:30 AM »
Shaka or Tony.
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2014, 04:26:40 PM »
Shaka or Tony.

If Wisconsin hires Shaka, Badger trolls will have a field day visiting MU message boards.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2014, 04:27:36 PM »
If Wisconsin hires Shaka, Badger trolls will have a field day visiting MU message boards.

Talk about a change of scenery from the UW system to Shaka's system.  Holy cow.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2014, 04:33:47 PM »
Talk about a change of scenery from the UW system to Shaka's system.  Holy cow.

And that's why it won't happen.  Really the question should be not who is going to succeed Bo, but who will succeed his successor. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2014, 04:47:39 PM »

And that's why it won't happen.  Really the question should be not who is going to succeed Bo, but who will succeed his successor. 

Agree with Shaka to UW not happening. Tony Bennett would make more sense from that standpoint but I don't see that happening. Would be surprised if it's not Gard.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2014, 05:54:30 PM »

Why? So far Wojo has been stellar. Wouldn't trade him for Smart.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2014, 07:04:57 PM »
Who the hell is Shaka Smart and who cares?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2014, 07:24:00 PM »

Who the hell is Shaka Smart and who cares?

+1 to both. I was excited about the chance with Shaka at the time. I had my worries about the Wojo hire at the time. Wojo has proven me very wrong. We got the right guy.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2014, 08:45:07 AM »
Per Evan Daniels, Diamond is taking his official visit to UW next weekend.  Their red and white scrimmage is Sunday afternoon.

feedback