[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East schedule?  (Read 22476 times)

swoopem

• All American
Big East schedule?
« on: August 21, 2014, 09:59:49 AM »
Does anyone know when the Big East schedule comes out? If I remember correctly they release the dates of the games first and then they'll release times later on, is this correct?

As a side note, I'm really hoping to play at Butler, at Xavier, and at Nova on weekends so I can make the road trips. I went to Butler last year and it was awesome. Hinkle is probably the coolest sports venue I've ever been to. Going to a few road games each year has become a tradition of mine.
Bring back FFP!!!

MU82

• All American
Re: Big East schedule?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:09:39 AM »
Does anyone know when the Big East schedule comes out? If I remember correctly they release the dates of the games first and then they'll release times later on, is this correct?

As a side note, I'm really hoping to play at Butler, at Xavier, and at Nova on weekends so I can make the road trips. I went to Butler last year and it was awesome. Hinkle is probably the coolest sports venue I've ever been to. Going to a few road games each year has become a tradition of mine.

I got to play some pickup games at Hinkle back in 1997.

My selfish, sumbitch teammates didn't set up the picket fence for me, though!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »

So, they got caught watching the paint dry, eh? 

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 10:22:03 AM »

Its been shortly after Labor Day in the past.  Times are indeed solidified later.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 10:33:31 AM »
As a side note, I'm really hoping to play at Butler, at Xavier, and at Nova on weekends so I can make the road trips. I went to Butler last year and it was awesome. Hinkle is probably the coolest sports venue I've ever been to.

Went last year as well, and that place is awesome. My kind of barn.

The morning of the MU game, we had the gym from Hoosiers rented for an hour. Got to tour the place and play on the court. That was awesome. It's only about a half hour east of Indianapolis. Definitely worth a visit.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »
While living in Indy, I was able to visit Hinkle twice (while no basketball was being played) and although it was pretty damn cool at the time, seeing MU on the floor last year was a completely different experience.  No words can describe the euphoria of walking in there on game day clad in the visiting team's colors.

Even with all three kids, weather, parking, and game results, I'd do it again in a second and probably will this year if it's a weekend game again this year.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 11:19:01 AM »
While living in Indy, I was able to visit Hinkle twice (while no basketball was being played) and although it was pretty damn cool at the time, seeing MU on the floor last year was a completely different experience.  No words can describe the euphoria of walking in there on game day clad in the visiting team's colors.

Even with all three kids, weather, parking, and game results, I'd do it again in a second and probably will this year if it's a weekend game again this year.

Was there last year as well. Fantastic time, until the blizzard shut down the freeways on the drive back.

hoyasincebirth

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 12:06:48 PM »

They used to announce the home and away pairings mid summer and who the mirror opponents were and released the dates later. But now with the round robin they no longer do that and just release the schedule with dates the first week of September. The NBA schedule was released last week, so now they can officially nail down dates and times.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 12:59:03 PM »
Hinkle is probably the coolest sports venue I've ever been to. Going to a few road games each year has become a tradition of mine.

Our very good friend is the VP of Student Affairs at Butler (and a Marquette Alum).  When jsglow jr was doing college visits, our friend gave him the Super VIP tour of Butler.  Not only did he bring him into Hinckle and turn on the lights a la "Hoosiers", on the way there he met both Brad Stevens and Blue II (also the president and provost, but blah, blah, who cares).

It's definitely the coolest college sports facility I've ever been in.
Have some patience, FFS.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 01:31:14 PM »
Its been shortly after Labor Day in the past.  Times are indeed solidified later.

It's been exactly September 5th each of the last two years, for whatever that's worth.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 03:26:18 PM »
Our very good friend is the VP of Student Affairs at Butler (and a Marquette Alum).  When jsglow jr was doing college visits, our friend gave him the Super VIP tour of Butler.  Not only did he bring him into Hinckle and turn on the lights a la "Hoosiers", on the way there he met both Brad Stevens and Blue II (also the president and provost, but blah, blah, who cares).

Still didn't go there doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 03:30:48 PM »
Still didn't go there doe, hey?

Nope.

He is a Warrior through and through.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 04:18:09 PM »
anybody know which teams we play twice?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 04:45:54 PM »

Hey... I absolutely care that Blue II is also the president and provost.  That's pretty interesting.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 06:06:36 PM »

Ditto, recently in '08. Cool place, you can tell (for many reasons) that it comes from another era, the seating arrangement and big windows are unique.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 08:23:04 PM »
It's usually right after Labor Day or so. If Xavier away falls on a weekend, that's gonna be tough to say no too.

Butler away last year was an awesome trip, result notwithstanding. Went with MUfan12 last year. Highly recommend the trip to anyone who hasn't gone.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 09:25:54 PM »
Ditto, recently in '08. Cool place, you can tell (for many reasons) that it comes from another era, the seating arrangement and big windows are unique.

I thought the Pacers did a great job with Conseco Fieldhouse (or whatever it is called these days). Yes, it's a pro arena, so it has the luxury suites and stuff, but they did a great job of making it feel like an old-time basketball arena.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 11:01:50 PM »
I thought the Pacers did a great job with Conseco Fieldhouse (or whatever it is called these days). Yes, it's a pro arena, so it has the luxury suites and stuff, but they did a great job of making it feel like an old-time basketball arena.

Well it's not hard to make parallels between the two, with Hinkle providing the model for Conseco (Banker's Life), and the same construction firm who built Conseco did the upgrades on Hinkle.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 12:10:18 AM »
Well it's not hard to make parallels between the two, with Hinkle providing the model for Conseco (Banker's Life), and the same construction firm who built Conseco did the upgrades on Hinkle.

There you go. I didn't know that!

There's absolutely nothing fancy about IU's Assembly Hall, but that has an amazing atmosphere, too.

Hey, with all those great arenas in the state, they should make a movie about basketball and call it Hoosiers!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 10:30:50 AM »
Hey, with all those great arenas in the state, they should make a movie about basketball and call it Hoosiers!

They already did, it's called "Space Jam."

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 09:35:25 PM »

You should have times as well, as every game is on national tv now.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MUDagwood

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 03:03:18 PM »
any word on the schedule release date? surprising that there have been no pre-announced games like last year (NYE, super bowl weekend, etc).

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 03:15:04 PM »
If they do Sept. 5 again, it could really be a big day for MU.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 03:39:59 PM »
If they do Sept. 5 again, it could really be a big day for MU.

It really will be a new era. We'll receive good news on a Friday afternoon rather than what we've become accustomed to.
Bring back FFP!!!

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 05:41:50 PM »
Omaha sources say schedule won't be out until next week.

https://twitter.com/PivOWH/status/507585795536875521