[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

Where is Marquette? by muwarrior69
[Today at 09:46:37 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Coaches' Luncheon in Chicago  (Read 15485 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Coaches' Luncheon in Chicago
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2014, 09:32:30 AM »
What the F are you talking about?  I will criticize murderers and rapists without problem.  I criticized your boy Buzz for having sexual assaulters on his team.  I criticized the ahole that killed Foley.  I criticized the dickheads that murdered my sister's boyfriend two decades ago.  I criticize murderers and rapists all the time....I'd like to see them cooked alive, but not before their balls are castrated slowly first....I realize that doesn't square with many people here that would like to see them get 3 squares and a cot.

So what the F you are talking about I have no idea. 

Here's what the F I'm talking about - concerning the murders, rapists, etc., of ISIS, you wrote:

"Thing is, the followers of ISIS believe what they are doing is every bit as noble and anyone dying for their cause... is a martyr, as well."

I replied: "And if you're consistent in what you preach, we have no right to criticize their deeply held religious beliefs. I (and most others) differ. Call me judgemental - I'll wear that mantle proudly while you stick up for the maniacs."

Then you wrote: "That's why I DIDN"T criticize it...the act is heinous, IN MY OPINION and BASED ON MY UPBRINGING."

So, based on what you've written, you detest and judge KO for his alcoholism but see the whole ISIS thing as a gray area, a matter of opinion based on upbringing. I disagree.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2014, 09:44:16 AM »

Seriously, Coaches' Luncheon to murderers and rapists?  Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell are happy about this turn of events. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2014, 10:12:40 AM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 10:26:24 AM »
Here's what the F I'm talking about - concerning the murders, rapists, etc., of ISIS, you wrote:

"Thing is, the followers of ISIS believe what they are doing is every bit as noble and anyone dying for their cause... is a martyr, as well."

I replied: "And if you're consistent in what you preach, we have no right to criticize their deeply held religious beliefs. I (and most others) differ. Call me judgemental - I'll wear that mantle proudly while you stick up for the maniacs."

Then you wrote: "That's why I DIDN"T criticize it...the act is heinous, IN MY OPINION and BASED ON MY UPBRINGING."

So, based on what you've written, you detest and judge KO for his alcoholism but see the whole ISIS thing as a gray area, a matter of opinion based on upbringing. I disagree.

Let me start out by saying I can't imagine a bigger douchebag on the planet right now then you for saying I am sticking up for these people. Truly, there isn't enough Summer's Eve product in all of the Chicagoland area that can compete with what you have in your body.

What's further amazing is how you conveniently didn't include my entire posts, or the very first post in that thread, the Eve is flowing strong in you in the last 18 hours.

I said "There is incomprehensive evil in this world"....that sure sounds like I'm sticking up for these people.

If you had an ounce of grey matter between your legs, because clearly the one on your neck no longer functions, you would note what I said in totality.  "Thing is, those followers of ISIS, etc, believe what they are doing is every bit as noble and anyone dying for their cause...is a martyr, as well.
Crazy world"

I said it is a crazy world, I wasn't condoning it at all.   These people think what they are doing is righteous, that doesn't mean I think it is righteous or that anyone else does, but these fanatics think what they are doing makes them martyrs.  Maybe that's why I used the words "THEY", not I.  Most Muslims I know, find the actions of these people disgusting and beyond words.  They are sickened by these people and disturbed that their religion gets lumped in because of the actions of crazy people.   

Funny how you left out so much of the post....which of course you did AGAIN in the next post.  What I actually said in totality,

"That's why I didn't criticize it.  I said it's a crazy world.  I work with a number of Muslims, took a number of Islam courses at MU and KU as part of my minor and Masters degree.  Some wonderful people.  Unfortunately, religious fanaticism from any group, any religion can lead to some behaviors that others don't agree with.  I'm not going to paint all of them with a broad brush.  The act, itself, is heinous in my opinion and based on my upbringing, which I'm told is WASCish.  My point was, others in this world will find their actions acceptable.  Thus, it is a crazy world."

Key words...."OTHERS IN THIS WORLD"...not me, not I, but OTHERS.

I'm not going to condemn an entire religion or the people that believe in that religion because of the actions of crazy a-holes any more than I'm going to paint the entire area of Chicago based on the epic douchiness of one its MU alumni posters on MU Scoop.  If you wish to paint that broad a brush for people, knock your socks off. 

Please learn to read and if you are going to quote something,

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2014, 10:27:54 AM »

Seriously, Coaches' Luncheon to murderers and rapists?  Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell are happy about this turn of events. 

Lenny has lost his f'ing mind

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2014, 10:32:53 AM »
"There is incomprehensive evil in this world"

While it may not be complete the real question is whether or not we can fathom or grasp it

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2014, 10:56:08 AM »
Lenny and Chicos,

Can you two get a room?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2014, 12:49:45 PM »
Let me start out by saying I can't imagine a bigger douchebag on the planet right now then you for saying I am sticking up for these people. Truly, there isn't enough Summer's Eve product in all of the Chicagoland area that can compete with what you have in your body.

What's further amazing is how you conveniently didn't include my entire posts, or the very first post in that thread, the Eve is flowing strong in you in the last 18 hours.

I said "There is incomprehensive evil in this world"....that sure sounds like I'm sticking up for these people.

If you had an ounce of grey matter between your legs, because clearly the one on your neck no longer functions, you would note what I said in totality.  "Thing is, those followers of ISIS, etc, believe what they are doing is every bit as noble and anyone dying for their cause...is a martyr, as well.
Crazy world"

I said it is a crazy world, I wasn't condoning it at all.   These people think what they are doing is righteous, that doesn't mean I think it is righteous or that anyone else does, but these fanatics think what they are doing makes them martyrs.  Maybe that's why I used the words "THEY", not I.  Most Muslims I know, find the actions of these people disgusting and beyond words.  They are sickened by these people and disturbed that their religion gets lumped in because of the actions of crazy people.  

Funny how you left out so much of the post....which of course you did AGAIN in the next post.  What I actually said in totality,

"That's why I didn't criticize it.  I said it's a crazy world.  I work with a number of Muslims, took a number of Islam courses at MU and KU as part of my minor and Masters degree.  Some wonderful people.  Unfortunately, religious fanaticism from any group, any religion can lead to some behaviors that others don't agree with.  I'm not going to paint all of them with a broad brush.  The act, itself, is heinous in my opinion and based on my upbringing, which I'm told is WASCish.  My point was, others in this world will find their actions acceptable.  Thus, it is a crazy world."

Key words...."OTHERS IN THIS WORLD"...not me, not I, but OTHERS.

I'm not going to condemn an entire religion or the people that believe in that religion because of the actions of crazy a-holes any more than I'm going to paint the entire area of Chicago based on the epic douchiness of one its MU alumni posters on MU Scoop.  If you wish to paint that broad a brush for people, knock your socks off.  

Please learn to read and if you are going to quote something,

1. You wrote what you wrote. I quoted you accurately. Don't want dumb stuff quoted? Don't say dumb stuff.

2. You know entirely too much about feminine hygiene products. It's very creepy.

3. Thanks for PMing me your entire post. Getting to read your foaming at the mouth in both a public AND  a private forum was doubly douchlicious.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:24:01 PM by Lennys Tap »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 12:54:52 PM »
Lenny and Chicos,

Can you two get a room?

Seriously.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 01:43:06 PM »
So  How was the Luncheon?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 01:43:54 PM »
So  How was the Luncheon?

What Luncheon?

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2014, 01:52:04 PM »

Endowed Scholarship

Is this for blokes who are well packing?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_a1gnxbrKw?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e_a1gnxbrKw?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;</a>

Death on call

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 02:02:53 PM »
Seriously, can't wait for season to start! Scoop is becoming Hiroshima....
Goal is National Championship

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2014, 02:55:49 PM »
Lenny and Chicos,

Can you two get a room?

I third this
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2014, 03:43:52 PM »
Lenny and Chicos,

Can you two get a room?

Preferably padded

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2014, 03:46:32 PM »