[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Musings on Marquette Recruiting  (Read 65647 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Musings on Marquette Recruiting
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 01:00:14 PM »
Nope. Like I said, Wisconsin is the favorite but it isnt a lock. Ellenson to MU is likely as well but i would not place a wager on it.

I'm willing to put money on it, that's how much of a lock I feel it is. 

Let's put it this way, I would put way more money on Sharma to UW than Ellenson to MU.  I'd still wager Henry to MU, but not nearly the $$$.

Sharma is going go UW.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »
I'm willing to put money on it, that's how much of a lock I feel it is. 

Let's put it this way, I would put way more money on Sharma to UW than Ellenson to MU.  I'd still wager Henry to MU, but not nearly the $$$.

Sharma is going go UW.

Not calling you out, because I think you are right that Sharma is going to be a Vadger, but I always wonder how recruits feel seeing adults who have never met them tell other people where they are going to go to school. If I was a recruit, I would troll the hell out of scoopers
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 02:26:57 PM »
Not calling you out, because I think you are right that Sharma is going to be a Vadger, but I always wonder how recruits feel seeing adults who have never met them tell other people where they are going to go to school. If I was a recruit, I would troll the hell out of scoopers

No you wouldn't.  You'd be too damn busy talking to/texting with coaches, and flirting with the girls coming out of the woodwork while playing/practicing a lot, and trying to get school work done. 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 02:35:04 PM »
No you wouldn't.  You'd be too damn busy talking to/texting with coaches, and flirting with the girls coming out of the woodwork while playing/practicing a lot, and trying to get school work done. 

Just had to be the voice of reason, jerk.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 02:36:52 PM »

If I was still in school I'd totally make an account saying real diamond stone and be like "I'm coming to marquette!" But sadly money is more important than trolling people 18-mid 60s
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 03:42:04 PM »

Maybe but I think it would be fun. Every day tweet that another school was my new number 1.
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 03:43:53 PM »
Maybe but I think it would be fun. Every day tweet that another school was my new number 1.

Good way to make fans.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 08:37:18 PM »
It seems like its been a rough few weeks on the recruiting trail. Terrance Mann is going to Florida State, Jimmy Whitt is going to Arkansas, Malik Beasley trimmed us from his list, Montague Gil-Caesar is heading to Mizzou, Donavan Mitchell is going to Louisville, Kerwin Roach put us in his top 10, than promptly removed us when he went down to 5. This got me thinking about the future and whose Wojo's priority recruits might be. I have very limited information, most drawing from what I have observed and heard from others. But I think the priority list shakes out like so.

The Top Priorities
Henry Ellenson- I think all of scoop has the Henry fever. Big enough to play the 5 but moves and shoots like a 2 or 3. Wojo seems to have serious in roads with the Ellenson clan and would take him over everyone. Ellenson has yet to trim his list.

Haanif Cheatham- If Ellenson is the top priority, it seems that an athletic wing is next on the list. Cheatham seems to be the best of those and received he most attention from the Marquette staff. We are currently in his top 6.

The Pipe Dream:
Diamond Stone- Contrary to popular belief, Wojo has been recruiting Stone. There seems to be less interest than before the regime change. I'm not holding my breath but stranger turns have happened. Stone has yet to trim his list.

If Not H2 (Henry/Haanif) than You:
Bryant Crawford- This 6"2 PG from DC is a true floor general. Others have suggested that young Mr. Noskowiak is more of a 2 and picking up Crawford would make some sense. We are currently in his top 7.

Levan "Shawn" Alston- A 6"3 shooter from Philly. Has kind of a Todd Mayo feel to his game but hopefully without the off the court baggage and old age. Stock has been rising lately. Currently in his top 6 with the likes of Temple, Notre Dame, and VCU.

Davon Dillard- A 6"5 wing from Gary, Indiana, the armpit of America. Has nasty athleticism and is fiercely competitive. Some reports of off the court issues including his coach benching him for long stretches due to attitude. The long benchings may be influencing his ranking, might be a sleeper pick.

Wojo May Have Cooled on Them:
Matt McQuaid- A 6"5 sharpshooter from Oklahoma. Committed to SMU and then decommitted several weeks later. As far as I have heard, Wojo hasn't reached out since the decommit.

Aaron Falzon- A 6"8 stretch 4 from Massachussets. Definitely values his education. Has set on campuses already with BC, Northwestern, and Harvard. Doesn't seem like Marquette will get one of the final two visits.

Josh Sharma- A 7 footer who happens to be buddies with the previously mentioned Falzon. Haven't heard of much mutual interest. BC, Stanford, and *gulp* Bucky seem to be the leaders.

Buzz Recruits that I don't Think Wojo is in On:
Legend Robertin (JUCO)
Corey Sanders
Jarvis Johnson
Jaylen Brown
Dwayne Bacon
E'Torrion Wilridge
Jordan Murphy
Travon Bunch
Cody Schwartz

I know some comments had been made about Wojo handing out offers like candy, but it seems to me like there are only a few serious offers out there. I think Wojo has clearly made Ellenson and Cheatham priorities and is keeping three others warm on the back burner. Any combination of those top 5 would give us a well rounded and highly ranked class. The lowest ranked player out of all of them is Davon Dillard a three star who is still inside the top 125 (and seems to be more talented than his ranking suggests). And even if we don't end up with anyone, Wojo has proven to be capable of working the transfer market.

All in all, I'm excited about the trajectory of our recruiting under Wojo. I am really excited to already have Noskowiak and Heldt already locked up (and Flory to boot). Next season might be rough, but 2015-2016 could be special.
Overall good analysis. Wojo has done a nice job of getting our name out there among the top recruits .  I am confident we will fill the last two spots with quality players .

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 08:44:05 PM »
Respect the process

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 08:57:13 PM »

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 11:26:26 AM »
Just an FYI Bucky offered Alex Illikanien, a PF from the Minnesota area that CU was on for awhile, plays a similar position/role to Ellenson. Maybe thats a sign that Bo doesn't think he'll get Henry?

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2014, 11:30:30 AM »
Unless there is a change of heart, Ellenson is coming to MU, again very reliable source, who is very good friends with MM.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 11:45:09 AM »
Unless there is a change of heart, Ellenson is coming to MU, again very reliable source, who is very good friends with MM.

Don't toy with my emotions like this! Dammit, now I've convinced myself he's coming. It seems too good to be true, but all signs point to it actually happening. Really hope it does.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2014, 12:03:11 PM »
If you follow the 247 crystal ball, both Ellenson and Cheatham are on their way to MU.

Would love to see that happen.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »
If you follow the 247 crystal ball, both Ellenson and Cheatham are on their way to MU.

Would love to see that happen.

I know! It just seems too good to be true, all of it. Wojo's first full recruiting class consisting of a 5* PF on the national team, a rising skilled 4* C, a 4* combo guard, and a 4* wing would be INSANE. Mind blowing, in fact. I'm cautiously optimistic.

brandx

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2014, 12:41:46 PM »
I know! It just seems too good to be true, all of it. Wojo's first full recruiting class consisting of a 5* PF on the national team, a rising skilled 4* C, a 4* combo guard, and a 4* wing would be INSANE. Mind blowing, in fact. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Don't forget Levin, as well.

Top 10 class in Wojo's first year if Ellenson & Cheatum come here.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2014, 12:52:51 PM »

Could be MU's best recruiting class in decades.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2014, 01:16:20 PM »
Could be MU's best recruiting class in decades.

Is it that much better than the three amigos or last years?  I mean yes I believe it would be but i don't think it'd be like some super class compared to previous ones
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2014, 01:22:16 PM »
Is it that much better than the three amigos or last years?  I mean yes I believe it would be but i don't think it'd be like some super class compared to previous ones

While recognizing everybody's right to debate this - after all, as Dubya says, this is 'Merica! - I am going to hold off on comparing this year's recruiting class to previous recruiting classes until we know who exactly is in this year's class.

Crazy concept, I know.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2014, 01:31:21 PM »
While recognizing everybody's right to debate this - after all, as Dubya says, this is 'Merica! - I am going to hold off on comparing this year's recruiting class to previous recruiting classes until we know who exactly is in this year's class.

Crazy concept, I know.

No! This is scoop we b*tch and moan to eachother long after someone is proven wrong no matter what the topic is!
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2014, 01:34:41 PM »
Is it that much better than the three amigos or last years?  I mean yes I believe it would be but i don't think it'd be like some super class compared to previous ones

Getting a top ten guy would separate it from those classes for me.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2014, 02:25:10 PM »

Absolutely. The amigos class and the 2013 were definitely landmark hauls (especially on paper), but add a top 10 BIG no less to that mix and it's a cut above.

Now had we landed Embiid, the 2013 class would be on par with the hypothetical 2015 class in my mind, again, on paper, per se, so to speak.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2014, 02:36:19 PM »

To me that'd depend on how long he's here and if getting him changed the perception of the program to other recruits so that we get serious looks from the Cream of the crop recruits
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2014, 03:04:00 PM »
Don't toy with my emotions like this! Dammit, now I've convinced myself he's coming. It seems too good to be true, but all signs point to it actually happening. Really hope it does.

Did you say happening?

TAMU

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2014, 03:05:38 PM »
I have a strange feeling that this is not happening.     This will be another Iman Shumpert situation where we all though Shumpert was in the bag, than he picked up a Georgia Tech hat on WGN and Crean bolted.

feedback