[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ferguson, MO  (Read 30054 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Ferguson, MO
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2014, 11:14:50 AM »
The gun first discharged INSIDE the police cruiser.

One would correctly assume police are not trained to randomly shoot (nor even draw) while seated in their vehicle. 
But of course, everyone will naturally draw the conclusion that fits their own set of beliefs, there is one likely reason that firearm was discharged inside the squad car.

Emerging from the car, the officer could have switched from the drawn gun to a taser is remotely possible, yet challenging, and certainly not an procedure the police are trained to perform.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2014, 11:22:20 AM »
The gun first discharged INSIDE the police cruiser.

One would correctly assume police are not trained to randomly shoot (nor even draw) while seated in their vehicle. 
But of course, everyone will naturally draw the conclusion that fits their own set of beliefs, there is one likely reason that firearm was discharged inside the squad car.

Emerging from the car, the officer could have switched from the drawn gun to a taser is remotely possible, yet challenging, and certainly not an procedure the police are trained to perform.

"According to the account of the St. Louis County police"
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

reinko

• All American
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2014, 11:26:11 AM »
Again, I don't know what I'm talking about, but maybe he was too far and out of taser distance so he used his gun. That's why I asked how far does a taser shoot and how far apart were they?

Another reason might be because there was, allegedly, a shot fired in the car and so the gun could have already been drawn.

I read that very few cops carry tazers on a day to day basis, and it is not standard issue for this section of St. Louis county.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2014, 11:29:40 AM »
If this cop said that then he should be dismissed. The military holds itself to a very high standard because we are authorized the use of deadly force. This is a responsibility that is taken very seriously.

Anyone who makes a such a glib statement about carrying a weapon isn't emotionally equipped for that responsibility.

He said it.   My crew all made eye contact immediately to see if anybody else heard it.   When we got back to the station, I told my crew to put in writing exactly what they had heard.   I did the same.   Without looking at their reports, I put all 3 in a sealed envelope.   I wasn't going to throw the guy under the bus, but if it ever came around, I was going to hand the IA officer the envelope.  

Epilogue:   The husband, who had gone to bed drunk a couple of hours earlier, awoke to find police officers, firefighters and paramedics in his house attending to his wife.   He was rude to the officers, who retaliated with the above remark.   The husband responded verbally, not physically,  and found himself facedown and handcuffed on his dining room floor, before being removed to a cruiser and taken to the local lock-up.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2014, 11:45:02 AM »
From former CBS correspondent, current HBO contributor,.... Bernard Goldberg

Young Black Men In The Crosshairs

I don’t know what happened in Ferguson, Mo., between the cop and the kid. And neither do you. When I covered hard news, I saw cops who crossed the line and I saw kids who started trouble. So let’s not jump to conclusions.

But what do you think the reaction in Ferguson would have been if the kid who got shot had been black and so was the cop? Or if the kid was white and the cop was black — or white? Do you think there would have been demonstrations and riots and an onslaught of national media?

In a column I recently wrote about the trouble in Gaza, I quoted Victor Davis Hanson (from a piece on NRO) on how the sophisticates in Europe and America wail when Israelis kill Arabs who wage war on them, but are silent when Arabs kill Arabs: “Apparently the West, in racist fashion, assumes that killing one another is what Arabs do best. But when Israelis kill those who wish to kill them, outrage follows.”

It’s pretty much the same when blacks kill blacks, isn’t it? It happens all the time in big cities such as Chicago. No one riots when a black kid kills a black kid. National news organizations don’t show up to do live shots day and night. It’s as if we’re saying: “Blacks killing one another is what blacks do best.” How’s that for racism? Not the old-fashioned KKK kind. No, this is elite-liberal racism, the supposedly softer variety.

And Al Sharpton doesn’t jump on a plane to show up when a black thug kills a white victim. He’s not in business to protest that kind of crime. Some people just can’t get past the bad old days. They need to feel that America is still a country simmering with racist sentiment. They need to feel that black kids are being hunted down like rabid dogs by modern-day Bull Connors. In a perverse way, it makes them feel good — maybe “relevant” is a better word — to think that nothing has changed in America since the March on Selma.

But they are partly right, those who think young black men are in the crosshairs. According to the Justice Department’s latest statistics (2005), although African Americans make up 13 percent of the population, they represent 49 percent of the nation’s homicide victims — and 93 percent of those black victims were killed by other blacks.

That doesn’t mean that all white cops are angels who don’t harbor any racial animus. But when it comes to crime, nasty white cops aren’t what’s plaguing black America.

I’m pretty sure that if George Zimmerman had been black, we’d never know the name Trayvon Martin. And if 18-year-old Michael Brown had been white, we probably wouldn’t know his name, either . . . and neither national news reporters nor the civil-rights establishment would even know what state Ferguson is in.

Members of the African-American elite, along with many white liberals, have said we don’t put enough value on the lives of young black men. They certainly don’t. Or they would have a lot more to say when a black kid gets shot in the street — by another kid who is black.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2014, 11:46:30 AM »

Who shall not be trusted....especially with all of the blatant racist actions by Officer Wilson in his 6 year career (none).

Instead, we should trust the meme about the "gentle giant", he was going to college you know....didn't have an adult criminal record (he was an adult for all of a few weeks), etc

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2014, 11:51:17 AM »
First things first I'm a bagpiper that's one bag.  Unless you've been living under a rock every st Patricks day I'm guessing you know that.

Don't know what you're talking about with the occupy movement but the one I was at had nothing like that.

Secondly I don't mean to say the black panthers haven't acted as such however they also have even had white members in the 60s and 70s meanwhile try being a kkk member anytime... Me thinks it wouldn't go as well.  

But your offense at the groups I chose seems to say something perhaps about you perhaps not.  

When you try to equivocate Tea Party folks with those groups you mentioned, it tells me all I need to know about you.  The left has tried to hang that albatross around Tea Party folks for the last 6 years.  It's obnoxious, stupid, and pitiful, but you guys keep doing it as a dog whisper siren song. 

By the way, you weren't paying attention when I stated calling a cop a racist or hurling racial epithets at cops can lead to an arrest vs just calling some avg Joe....there is a difference.  A cop can haul you in for it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »
I have refrained but let me say this - six rounds from a sidearm is a lot of calculation. That cop wanted to destroy that kid. And I know what I am talking about.

Yup, that's what he is trained to do, bring down the threat.  How is that any different that what I have said?  They are trained not to shoot a leg, or an arm, or wound them....they are trained to hit center mass and to bring down the assailant.  If the assailant keeps coming, then you keep shooting.  

Police 101.  As it should be.  I know a bunch of people here that live in fairy land with gumdrops, unicorns and perfume pillows wish it was like McGyver and the A-Team, lots of bullets and no one ever dies, but they're living in an altered reality.

Shoot to kill / Shoot to Stop  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/19/police-deadly-force_n_5693020.html

Shoot to kill / Shoot to Stop http://www.businessinsider.com/times-square-shooting-why-police-shoot-to-kill-2012-8

Wolf Blitzer....mayor of gumdrop land...."why don't police shoot to injure".  Good Lord.   This man is out to lunch.  http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/robert-farago/cnn-wolf-blitzer-dont-cops-shoot-wound/

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 12:01:08 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2014, 12:02:44 PM »

You're gonna really hate it when weed is legal in most states in 10 years.

I already hate it....it led to the murder of my sister's boyfriend.  It was a gateway drug for them many years ago.

I find it ironic as hell that people are trying to get people to stop smoking (cigs) for health reasons, but we can't wait to get people on pot because it's so awesome for one's brain, heart, etc functions.  But hypocrisy is bountiful here. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2014, 12:13:34 PM »

Don't forget "murder", "execution style" and the other daily buzz words....you get extra points if you include them in your posts.

Aughenere, does this give you a rush...a little joy, maybe something to cheer about?

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08/20/time-to-kill-a-cop-ferguson-protesters-throw-urine-bottles-at-police/

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2014, 12:18:44 PM »
It makes sense that rich old white guys are so pro police. We get the good cops. Live in an "up and coming" neighborhood for a while and you'll end up with a different outlook.

The problem is the high-testosterone guys that really wanted to be in the military trying to bully everyone in the neighborhoods. It only takes a few people like that to turn everyone against the police.

I'm surprised what's happening in Ferguson doesn't happen more often, honestly.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #136 on: August 20, 2014, 12:26:19 PM »
It makes sense that rich old white guys are so pro police. We get the good cops. Live in an "up and coming" neighborhood for a while and you'll end up with a different outlook.

The problem is the high-testosterone guys that really wanted to be in the military trying to bully everyone in the neighborhoods. It only takes a few people like that to turn everyone against the police.

I'm surprised what's happening in Ferguson doesn't happen more often, honestly.

Scoring system....I give you 9 points

Played race card...4 points

Played the class warfare card...3 points  (because you get to define rich, and because people that have done well..by your definition...have never lived in poverty or struggled, they were born this way and they get the good cops)

Ripped on the military, because we all know people in the military like to bully people....2 points

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2014, 12:28:11 PM »

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2014, 12:52:16 PM »
Let the rioting begin....oh wait...that doesn't happen in these situations

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/08/19/police-man-robbed-and-stabbed-by-group-of-teenagers-in-baltimore-city/

Can you honestly not see the difference between that story and what happened in Ferguson?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #139 on: August 20, 2014, 12:59:24 PM »
Don't forget "murder", "execution style" and the other daily buzz words....you get extra points if you include them in your posts.

Aughenere, does this give you a rush...a little joy, maybe something to cheer about?

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08/20/time-to-kill-a-cop-ferguson-protesters-throw-urine-bottles-at-police/

Sincere request...

instead of posting 6 consecutive posts can you consolidate them into one?

These threads are becoming needlessly long.

uncle zeffy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2014, 01:03:06 PM »
Let the rioting begin....oh wait...that doesn't happen in these situations

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/08/19/police-man-robbed-and-stabbed-by-group-of-teenagers-in-baltimore-city/

Amazing stats.... http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/19/race-based-hate-crimes-spike-in-dc/

Why isn't Dallas is flames?

http://www.redstate.com/diary/quill67/2014/08/18/unarmed-white-man-shot-dallas-police-august-11th/?utm_source=rsfbp&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=rsupdate

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2014/08/dallas-police-investigating-officer-involved-shooting.html/

EDIT: Police officers shoot perceived threats who are rushing them.

As tragic as the events were in both Ferguson and Dallas, we are only talking about one over the other because a white cop shot a black adult. white cop shooting a white adult is a non-story
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:07:33 PM by uncle zeffy »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2014, 01:03:27 PM »
Can you honestly not see the difference between that story and what happened in Ferguson?

I see stories of people killed all the time.  The differences, yes plain as day.  When a black man is killed by a black man, the race hustlers in this country are silent, there are no riots, no "peaceful demonstrations".  When a black man (a cop, criminal, etc...doesn't matter) kills a white man, there are no riots, protests, no claims of race.  When a black man dies at the hands of a white man....riots, immediate claim of racism, code words of murder \ execution \ etc. 

Yes, I see a lot of differences....do you?   

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2014, 01:08:24 PM »
Why isn't Dallas is flames?

http://www.redstate.com/diary/quill67/2014/08/18/unarmed-white-man-shot-dallas-police-august-11th/?utm_source=rsfbp&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=rsupdate

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2014/08/dallas-police-investigating-officer-involved-shooting.html/

Sir....that isn't good for business.  That's why.

The funny thing is that Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson, who has been a hustler for years, demanded in a recent column for examples of unarmed white men shot to death by cops and implying it doesn't happen.

The responses have been great, with example after example after example.  Eugene wanted dates and names, and he's been getting a ton of them, including two in the last 5 days alone, one in Salt Lake City.  Now, will Eugene issue a follow-up column...of course not.  But rest assured he'll keep beating the drum about execution, murder, etc to drum up business.  
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:37:05 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2014, 01:27:32 PM »
(because you get to define rich, and because people that have done well..by your definition...have never lived in poverty or struggled, they were born this way and they get the good cops)

Yeah, you had a bad man come to your door once. Talk about a tough childhood. If you could overcome that, I don't blame you for not having any empathy for kids who grow up poor in a war zone.

What happened to that new job? The one that was going to turn you into an infrequent poster? Nice for the few days it lasted.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2014, 01:28:20 PM »
Scoring system....I give you 9 points

Played race card...4 points

Played the class warfare card...3 points  (because you get to define rich, and because people that have done well..by your definition...have never lived in poverty or struggled, they were born this way and they get the good cops)

Ripped on the military, because we all know people in the military like to bully people....2 points

What is the maximum number of points I could have scored? I feel like I have some work to do, I didn't even mention that people that feel the need to carry guns have small penises.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2014, 01:32:07 PM »
What is the maximum number of points I could have scored? I feel like I have some work to do, I didn't even mention that people that feel the need to carry guns have small penises.

Maybe that's why the cop shot the kid... because the kid said the cop had a small penis.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2014, 01:36:14 PM »
Haha that one reporter from that one outlet with that one tweet you cited as "facts" retracted her tweet. It also wasn''t even published because it didn't meet the Dispatch's standards for publication. And best of all... she's been on medical leave since March, and “is not involved in the Ferguson coverage while she is on leave.”

https://twitter.com/ChristineDByers/statuses/501788192727498752

Please show me where I ever used Christine Byers as a source here?  Thanks

I'll be waiting.........

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2014, 01:42:05 PM »
When you try to equivocate Tea Party folks with those groups you mentioned, it tells me all I need to know about you.  The left has tried to hang that albatross around Tea Party folks for the last 6 years.  It's obnoxious, stupid, and pitiful, but you guys keep doing it as a dog whisper siren song. 

By the way, you weren't paying attention when I stated calling a cop a racist or hurling racial epithets at cops can lead to an arrest vs just calling some avg Joe....there is a difference.  A cop can haul you in for it.

Yeah go ahead and google tea party racism and click on images then you can tell me all about how it's not full of a bunch of racists.  Some just happen to deny it stronger than others... Not saying you just some people.  

You're right I wasn't paying attention. Your posts get hard to read after awhile.  
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2014, 01:42:51 PM »

You would have earned bonus points for that, similar to the red\white\blue ball in the 3 point shooting contest, or the powerball.

I agree, these women have small penis'   http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/women-and-guns/survival-stories

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2014, 01:44:58 PM »
Yeah go ahead and google tea party racism and click on images then you can tell me all about how it's not full of a bunch of racists.  Some just happen to deny it stronger than others... Not saying you just some people.  

You're right I wasn't paying attention. Your posts get hard to read after awhile.  

Google Obama and racist.  Google Eric Holder and racist.  Must be true.

No, the reality is that the Tea Party, as the name suggests, is against high taxes, out of control spending, etc.  The left doesn't like that, so they label them like they do everything they don't agree with....as racists.  Now, if you are an African American Tea Party member, you get the special added treatment of being called an Uncle Tom.

That's how the left argues today.  But hey, "google it"