[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: U 17 championship game thread  (Read 11289 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: U 17 championship game thread
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »

Keep trying---you are the one that brought up internet forum protocol on opinions--I didn't. And I have previously addressed slurper.

I'll tell you again, that's OUR word. Only me and my slurpers can say that.

;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 04:14:55 PM »
I'll tell you again, that's OUR word. Only me and my slurpers can say that.

;D

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 05:14:43 PM »
ENG, we CAN have nice things. Just put Willie on ignore.

Took that advice a long time ago.   Never looked back.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 06:51:39 PM »
You claim playing high school basketball qualifies you as an expert (I know guys who played past high school I wouldn't let coach a 4th grade girl's team, but that's another argument altogether) but if you really want to be one have someone explain John Pudner's numbers to you. While you were being seduced by your own "eye test" and the (as usual) wildly wrong predictions of a bunch of coaches, John was almost perfectly nailing last year's results with his Value Added system. You, the AP and the coaches drastically overrated our talent. He (and the numbers) didn't.

And John Pudner's model missed on the 2010 midgets team.  Explain that?  Was it brilliant coaching by Buzz?

And I did give you some food for thought.  If the eye test doesn't matter why do teams even have scouts??

Why would you play two guys who were the most one dimensional players on the roster more minutes than any other players..and play them together?  Why start Juan Anderson over Burton?

Freshman can win at this level you know - your boy Crean proved that with the Big 3..in a much more difficult Big East  Last year's recruits - Burton and JJJ rated as high as Wes and Dom.  Dawson a 3-star.  Buzz played Jake 200+ more minutes than Mayo.  I mean really?

Sorry your weird Buzz infatuation can't allow you to ever be critical of the guy - but he was awful last year...

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 07:18:56 PM »
You claim playing high school basketball qualifies you as an expert (I know guys who played past high school I wouldn't let coach a 4th grade girl's team, but that's another argument altogether) but if you really want to be one have someone explain John Pudner's numbers to you. While you were being seduced by your own "eye test" and the (as usual) wildly wrong predictions of a bunch of coaches, John was almost perfectly nailing last year's results with his Value Added system. You, the AP and the coaches drastically overrated our talent. He (and the numbers) didn't.

Hey Lenny - I seem to recall you bringing up time and again how Buzz way outperformed the coaches and media expectation for the 2010 midgets team.  Do you not recall how many times you pointed out how Buzz did a great job that year, citing time and time again what the coaches and media predicted for that team?  Just curious, why did it matter then, but not now?

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 09:21:12 PM »
Hey Lenny - I seem to recall you bringing up time and again how Buzz way outperformed the coaches and media expectation for the 2010 midgets team.  Do you not recall how many times you pointed out how Buzz did a great job that year, citing time and time again what the coaches and media predicted for that team?  Just curious, why did it matter then, but not now?

Hey Ners - The TEAM (and of course Buzz gets a lot of credit) massively outperformed the Value Added projections that year - which put us outside of the top 100 entering the season. That year the coaches and the writers agreed with Pudner which gave them (probably accidentally - even a broken watch is right twice a day) some credibility.

We'll see who wins the Ner's eye test vs the Value Added contest this year. You think we're loaded and headed to the NCAA tournament. John doesn't. Hope you're right, but I place more faith in John's numbers than than your eye test.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 09:28:28 PM »
Hey Ners - The TEAM (and of course Buzz gets a lot of credit) massively outperformed the Value Added projections that year - which put us outside of the top 100 entering the season. That year the coaches and the writers agreed with Pudner which gave them (probably accidentally - even a broken watch is right twice a day) some credibility.

We'll see who wins the Ner's eye test vs the Value Added contest this year. You think we're loaded and headed to the NCAA tournament. John doesn't. Hope you're right, but I place more faith in John's numbers than than your eye test.

The problem is Pudner's data/value add projections going into last year had the team projected at 21.65 (good for what should have been 3rd and a solid NCAA berth...not to mention the 21.65 didn't even take into account Burton's Value add which was roughly 2.0..which would have put us at 23.65 and rivaling Nova and Creighton for the league title) - and we finished a paltry 12.66 for the year.  That speaks to either really poor coaching, or really, really bad player development...and both of those fall on the coach.

feedback