[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by warriorchick
[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Scout Rankings  (Read 33725 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: New Scout Rankings
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2014, 09:16:17 PM »
Don't know about last year in the AAC/post-Be.  But look back over the years. Far different story.

Man, you're not kiddin'! Their last year in the BEast they greats they brought to Hartford included American International, Boston U, Central Florida, Maine (last year too! Lucky Hartford!!) and Iona!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2014, 09:58:57 PM »
Man, you're not kiddin'! Their last year in the BEast they greats they brought to Hartford included American International, Boston U, Central Florida, Maine (last year too! Lucky Hartford!!) and Iona!!

Relax BeeJay. Sometimes you just gotta let people believe what they're gonna believe. Kinda like people wanting to believe there was ever a chance Diamond Stone was coming to MU.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2014, 11:40:36 PM »
Relax BeeJay. Sometimes you just gotta let people believe what they're gonna believe. Kinda like people wanting to believe there was ever a chance Diamond Stone was coming to MU.
Haha says the guy who consistently said there was no chance of ellenson/stone. Recruiting is a very fluid process young man, one which you need to respect ;)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2014, 12:35:23 AM »

Okay....

;)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:50:14 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2014, 01:11:52 AM »
Stone at 4
Ellenson at 6
Pritzl-47
Heldt-56
Cheatham-80
Bryant crawford-82
NickN-89

A few more names to add to the list.

Dwayne Bacon - 19 (Buzz recruited him, don't think Wojo is bothering)
Jimmy Whitt - 52 (In his final 6)
Malik Beasley - 59 (Wojo was on him in the beginning of May, not sure where we stand with him now)
Glynn Watson - 62 (Mark Miller projected him to us a while back, haven't heard anything since Wojo took over)
Matt McQuaid - 71 (Wojo recruited him before he committed to SMU. Haven't heard anything since he decommitted)
Kerwin Roach - 81 (Wojo just offered 2 weeks ago, SMU and TAMU are perceived frontrunners)
Corey Sanders - 90 (Buzz recruited him, at one point he tweeted we were in his final 3. Scoopers were pissed because the other two schools on the list weren't prestigious enough ::))
Terrence Mann - 99 (In his final 6)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:18:06 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2014, 04:09:44 AM »
A few more names to add to the list.

Dwayne Bacon - 19 (Buzz recruited him, don't think Wojo is bothering)
Jimmy Whitt - 52 (In his final 6)
Malik Beasley - 59 (Wojo was on him in the beginning of May, not sure where we stand with him now)
Glynn Watson - 62 (Mark Miller projected him to us a while back, haven't heard anything since Wojo took over)
Matt McQuaid - 71 (Wojo recruited him before he committed to SMU. Haven't heard anything since he decommitted)
Kerwin Roach - 81 (Wojo just offered 2 weeks ago, SMU and TAMU are perceived frontrunners)
Corey Sanders - 90 (Buzz recruited him, at one point he tweeted we were in his final 3. Scoopers were pissed because the other two schools on the list weren't prestigious enough ::))
Terrence Mann - 99 (In his final 6)

We didn't make Glynn Watson's final 5.

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop  Aug 8
2015 St. Joseph’s (IL) PG Glynn Watson is down to Nebraska, West Virginia, Maryland, Tennessee & Creighton.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2014, 07:17:02 AM »
Haha says the guy who consistently said there was no chance of ellenson/stone. Recruiting is a very fluid process young man, one which you need to respect ;)

Well, we had a coaching change so that changes things a little bit. We never had a shot at Henry when Buzz was here. Wojo has done some big time work on that front. But nothing has changed with Diamond. We're not even as close to landing Diamond as the Badgers were to landing Tokoto, and Tokoto was NEVER going to Wisconsin despite "listing" them as the consolation prize winner.

Feel free to believe what you want. If it helps you sleep at night, then sure, we were SOOOOOO close to getting Diamond. He even visited MU, came to games, listed us for a period of time, etc. So yeah, so close! If only it weren't for Georgetown, Kentucky, UCONN, UNC, UCLA, Kansas, and Duke he MAY have considered Marquette after Wisconsin. So we were right there to the end!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2014, 08:20:29 AM »

2015 St. Joseph’s (IL) PG Glynn Watson is down to Nebraska, West Virginia, Maryland, Tennessee & Creighton.

I'm fairly certain that Wojo wasn't interested.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2014, 09:27:28 AM »

Good catch
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2014, 09:29:28 AM »
Well, we had a coaching change so that changes things a little bit. We never had a shot at Henry when Buzz was here. Wojo has done some big time work on that front. But nothing has changed with Diamond. We're not even as close to landing Diamond as the Badgers were to landing Tokoto, and Tokoto was NEVER going to Wisconsin despite "listing" them as the consolation prize winner.

Feel free to believe what you want. If it helps you sleep at night, then sure, we were SOOOOOO close to getting Diamond. He even visited MU, came to games, listed us for a period of time, etc. So yeah, so close! If only it weren't for Georgetown, Kentucky, UCONN, UNC, UCLA, Kansas, and Duke he MAY have considered Marquette after Wisconsin. So we were right there to the end!

You are so lucky to have been so close to two talented basketball recruits that included you in their inner circle and shared their inner thoughts about their recruiting processes ::)
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2014, 09:31:52 AM »
You are so lucky to have been so close to two talented basketball recruits that included you in their inner circle and shared their inner thoughts about their recruiting processes ::)

Again, believe what you want.  I could not care less.  I am *fairly* confident in where I heard this from.  I don't say that often, but when I have...well...

Like I said, if it helps you sleep at night, then sure, Diamond Stone listed us for a long, long time.  So damn, we were close.  So close.  Win some, lose some.  Juuuuust lost this one in a tight one.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2014, 09:34:07 AM »
I'm fairly certain Wades is right here.  My understanding is that Diamond's dad wasn't a big fan of Buzz.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2014, 09:36:52 AM »
Again, believe what you want.  I could not care less.  I am *fairly* confident in where I heard this from.  I don't say that often, but when I have...well...

Like I said, if it helps you sleep at night, then sure, Diamond Stone listed us for a long, long time.  So damn, we were close.  So close.  Win some, lose some.  Juuuuust lost this one in a tight one.

I believe you and don't think Stone is considering us, but going off what you know are you in the camp that Ellenson is half in the bag?
Bring back FFP!!!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2014, 09:37:29 AM »

As the great Bob Uecker once said as the ball careened off the backstop, "Juuuuuuust a little bit outside".

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2014, 09:38:50 AM »
I believe you and don't think Stone is considering us, but going off what you know are you in the camp that Ellenson is half in the bag?

If Mark Miller is publicly tweeting about it and posting it on 247, I feel very good about it.  Very good.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2014, 09:46:44 AM »
To steer the conversation in another direction, would we rather have Cheatham or Whitt? I know we've been the favorite for Cheatham for a while and Mark Miller predicted him a Warrior, but it seems that Whitt might be a better player. And I think opening up a Missouri/St. Louis pipeline would be awesome.
Bring back FFP!!!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2014, 10:04:16 AM »

You are right. Honestly we are arguing over vocabulary which is pointless. I will say that I have heard from sources not affiliated with Marquette that we were the front runner on Mr Stone for a while. I trust who I heard it from.
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2014, 10:04:59 AM »

As the great Bob Uecker once said as the ball careened off the backstop, "Juuuuuuust a little bit outside".

Bingo.

I don't think he's half in the bag, but I do feel good about our chances.  Which is absolutely crazy, because before Wojo, we had absolutely, positively no chance of getting Henry.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2014, 10:06:18 AM »
You are right. Honestly we are arguing over vocabulary which is pointless. I will say that I have heard from sources not affiliated with Marquette that we were the front runner on Mr Stone for a while. I trust who I heard it from.

Fair enough.  I have heard differently, but at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter.  If he ends up coming to Marquette, I will be pleasantly, but absolutely and completely, shocked.  And if he doesn't, it really doesn't matter if it was a last second decision that he chose a different school over us, or if he never even looked at the campus once.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2014, 10:07:14 AM »
To steer the conversation in another direction, would we rather have Cheatham or Whitt? I know we've been the favorite for Cheatham for a while and Mark Miller predicted him a Warrior, but it seems that Whitt might be a better player. And I think opening up a Missouri/St. Louis pipeline would be awesome.

Honestly, of the videos I have seen (not the best source I know) I have preferred Cheathams game to Whitts. Anyone actually seen either of the two play?
TAMU

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2014, 10:55:26 AM »
Do we have a realistic chance of landing Stone and/or Ellenson? One more than the other?
We will not get either.
This was about a month and a half ago. So you can just cut the bs that you actually had a clue on this one. Wojo had made inroads with the ellensons well before this.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2014, 10:56:25 AM »
Honestly, of the videos I have seen (not the best source I know) I have preferred Cheathams game to Whitts. Anyone actually seen either of the two play?

No but they both sure have great names.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2014, 11:01:51 AM »
I am thrilled with Wojo's recruiting to date. Better than I expected from a guy just a few months on the job. If he closes the deal on Henry and one of the other top-100s, it will have been a hell of a first class. Even if Henry goes elsewhere, I will remain confident that Wojo will put the program back on solid footing.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2014, 11:16:54 AM »
I am thrilled with Wojo's recruiting to date. Better than I expected from a guy just a few months on the job. If he closes the deal on Henry and one of the other top-100s, it will have been a hell of a first class. Even if Henry goes elsewhere, I will remain confident that Wojo will put the program back on solid footing.

Lost Hill, Shayok and Pierce. Held on to Cohen and Noskowiak. That's probably as good as we could have hoped. Tranfers from Carlino, W Ellenson and Levin, verbal from Heldt - not what I would call thrilling, but solid. If we sign Henry and another guy in the 60-100 range I will be officially thrilled - but without Henry, not so much.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2014, 11:41:37 AM »

Agreed.  As Wadesworld pointed out above, it doesn't really matter if we finish second or last in the recruitment of Ellenson if we miss.  But the fact that we had zero shot at him before and Wojo has gotten us to this point now really gives me a good feeling about his ability to recruit going forward.

feedback