[Today at 06:22:07 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Nukem2
[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Scout Rankings  (Read 33745 times)

Wally Schroeder

• Starter
Re: New Scout Rankings
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2014, 02:01:21 PM »
How does UCONN still get top recruits? Legendary coach is gone, granted they won it after him, but I still don't get it. They're in a terrible conference, Hartford is the worst city I've ever visited and it's not a great academic university. Strange.

Oh man, I could see fans of other schools saying something similar about Marquette.

How in the world is Marquette getting recruits? The Big East isn't a Power 5 conference, NONE of their games are on ESPN, Milwaukee's the coldest city in the world, and their rising coach left the program for VA Tech! It's probably not even a good school.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 02:14:03 PM »
Earlier today Mark Miller tweeted that he still thinks Ellenson will become a Warrior and his guess for Stone was UCLA or Wisco. This class is going to be insane.

It'd be fantastic to have that'd be a natty contender when they're sophs if you ask me.  It's give Wojo time to implement and get HC experience, defs enough talent around between Du Wil, Burton, JJJ as SRs then Cohen as a Jr with Heldt, NN, Ellenson and whomever as sophs. That's our year (hopefully it goes better than our other two years we were primed to make a run in 09 and 12)
Maigh Eo for Sam

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2014, 02:27:43 PM »
So:

Two top 100 guys verbaled

On two top 10 guys

On three other top 100 guys

Question ... did our recruiting take a dip from Brent to Wojo?
I think your reputation a a recruiter grows IF you land the top recruits. "Being in on someone" is a nice start but doesn't mean sheet.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 02:43:11 PM »
Not to be that guy, but isn't UCONN in Storrs?

Yup.  The campus in Storrs is beautiful (and about 30 miles east of Hartford -- but essentially a world away)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 03:03:10 PM »
It'd be fantastic to have that'd be a natty contender when they're sophs if you ask me.  It's give Wojo time to implement and get HC experience, defs enough talent around between Du Wil, Burton, JJJ as SRs then Cohen as a Jr with Heldt, NN, Ellenson and whomever as sophs. That's our year (hopefully it goes better than our other two years we were primed to make a run in 09 and 12)

Just about every single year we say "If we land this guy and this guy we will make a run at a National Title."  Still have yet to do that.  Elite 8 was nice, though.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2014, 03:09:23 PM »
Small correction. Mark Miller tweeted Wisconsin or UCONN for Stone, not UCLA

If MU lands Ellenson and Stone goes to UW, I think that could actually be pretty fun and really good for both programs.  I know there are people here that would be real pissed at Stone going to UW (and I completely get it), but I think it could elevate the rivalry and both programs.  Now if Ellenson goes somewhere else and UW lands Stone...that would suck.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 03:37:35 PM »
Agreed the composite is really nice, but I was saying if I had to trust a single source I would go with ESPN

Really? Espn has publicly admitted to not investing a lot of time into recruiting information because they think the other sites have them beat. They are who I look to last
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2014, 03:47:22 PM »
Just about every single year we say "If we land this guy and this guy we will make a run at a National Title."  Still have yet to do that.  Elite 8 was nice, though.

I agree with this, but never before was one of those guys a top 10 player and the other top 80 player who we both have great chances with

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 04:39:09 PM »
Stone at 4
Ellenson at 6
Pritzl-47
Heldt-56
Cheatham-80
Bryant crawford-82
NickN-89

I'll take ALL OF THEM!

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 04:42:29 PM »
Yup.  The campus in Storrs is beautiful (and about 30 miles east of Hartford -- but essentially a world away)

Ah. Didn't know that, so they travel 30 miles to play the games?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2014, 04:44:49 PM »
Earlier today Mark Miller tweeted that he still thinks Ellenson will become a Warrior and his guess for Stone was UCLA or Wisco. This class is going to be insane.
It will be sacrilege if Stone picks either Whisky or UCLA. Both Stone and Ellenson should use common sense and pick MU. No other schools allowed. Have never seen either play, but judging by these rankings, 4 and 6--not much difference in their impact?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2014, 05:08:21 PM »
Ah. Didn't know that, so they travel 30 miles to play the games?
Most UConn games are played in Storrs with some of the more atrractive games scheduled for Hartford.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2014, 05:19:20 PM »

But the difference is we could actually land said players this time. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2014, 07:24:19 PM »
Small correction. Mark Miller tweeted Wisconsin or UCONN for Stone, not UCLA

Stone's schools listed as Connecticut, Kansas, Kentucky, Wisconsin. No mention of our Glorious Alma Mater. Oversight or are we out of the running?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2014, 07:29:16 PM »
Stone's schools listed as Connecticut, Kansas, Kentucky, Wisconsin. No mention of our Glorious Alma Mater. Oversight or are we out of the running?

We've never been in the running.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2014, 07:34:02 PM »
How does UCONN still get top recruits? Legendary coach is gone, granted they won it after him, but I still don't get it. They're in a terrible conference, Hartford is the worst city I've ever visited and it's not a great academic university. Strange.
The school has a great basketball tradition. It is highly visible in the New York market. The campus is in Storrs Connecticut which is in the middle of farmland which for some kids is a nice change of pace. They have a great young coach.  The school has the same academic rating as most of the Big Ten Schools. Other than that I agree with you.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2014, 07:37:06 PM »

247 would disagree.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 07:43:18 PM »

Yes, because you know better than all of the recruiting experts who picked Stone to MU.  ::)

You can make the argument that him ending up at a blue blood was always the more likely option. But to say we were never in the running is just a intentionally negative hyperbole
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2014, 07:49:28 PM »
You know who else I noticed fell? Charles Matthews. He's all the way down to 61. He was number 11 at one point I believe. I wonder what the chances are of him getting recruited over and getting Caliparted?
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 07:58:26 PM »
247 would disagree.

Yes, because you know better than all of the recruiting experts who picked Stone to MU.  ::)

You can make the argument that him ending up at a blue blood was always the more likely option. But to say we were never in the running is just a intentionally negative hyperbole

Okay...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:08:39 PM by wadesworld »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2014, 08:02:54 PM »
You know who else I noticed fell? Charles Matthews. He's all the way down to 61. He was number 11 at one point I believe. I wonder what the chances are of him getting recruited over and getting Caliparted?

Very good.

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2014, 08:26:49 PM »
It will be sacrilege if Stone picks either Whisky or UCLA. Both Stone and Ellenson should use common sense and pick MU. No other schools allowed. Have never seen either play, but judging by these rankings, 4 and 6--not much difference in their impact?

UCONN or Wisconsin

Im putting my money on UCONN

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2014, 08:41:22 PM »
Most UConn games are played in Storrs with some of the more atrractive games scheduled for Hartford.

Yes, the more atrractice (sic) games are scheduled for Hartford.. like last year: Concordia (Ill.), Yale, Loyola (Md.), Maine, and USF.

Sounded good, though.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2014, 08:55:24 PM »
Yes, the more atrractice (sic) games are scheduled for Hartford.. like last year: Concordia (Ill.), Yale, Loyola (Md.), Maine, and USF.

Sounded good, though.
Don't know about last year in the AAC/post-Be.  But look back over the years. Far different story.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2014, 09:12:51 PM »
Don't know about last year in the AAC/post-Be.  But look back over the years. Far different story.

Actually, UConn has always divided its home schedule and played as many quality opponents in each venue. In 2010-11 they played nationally ranked Louisville and Notre Dame in Storrs and nationally ranked Syracuse and Georgetown in Hartford. In the 2011-12 season they played big-name opponents Pitt and Syracuse in Storrs but MU and Cincinnati in Hartford. The following year they played Geoigetown in Storrs but Louisville and Syracuse in Hartford.

feedback