[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: RE: Notre Dame hate thread  (Read 14406 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: RE: Notre Dame hate thread
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 12:03:08 PM »
Getting off of the couch and talking to real live women instead of texting and skyping them?    What a concept.    I didn't realize the younger generation still did that.

with tinder I can lay on the couch till they come to me
Maigh Eo for Sam

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2014, 12:40:15 PM »
For you guys who hate on college football, and I guess this is directed more towards younger grads, what do you do on Saturdays during the fall? I love going to bars or parties and watching some football, even if I don't care who's playing. For the most part there is always a match-up that I'm interested in and try to make some time to watch.

Literally anything but watch college football. It's great.

GGGG

• All American

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 01:08:47 PM »
It could get really ugly for them. Already some rumors of vacating wins.

LAMUfan

• All American

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2014, 01:54:33 PM »
http://deadspin.com/academic-fraud-investigation-underway-at-notre-dame-1622321030

Update, 2:12 pm: Feldman now has the names of the four players who have been dismissed. They are receiver DaVaris Daniels, defensive back KeiVarae Russell, defensive lineman Ishaq Williams, and linebacker Kendall Moore.

Daniels is the son of former Bears DE Philip Daniels.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

19thAndState

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2014, 01:56:51 PM »
Proud Marquette alum, proud Marquette basketball fanatic and proud Notre Dame football fanatic. Grew up with three family members attending the school, have been going to games since I was 2.

I loved walking around campus in my ND football shirt, and I loved the hate. I embrace it.

Go Marquette. Go Irish.

Sorry to everyone who will hate on me for it, but I honestly do not know how I would function without both of my teams. It's not that hard to cheer for Notre Dame in a sport that Marquette does not involve themselves in.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »
Literally anything but watch college football. It's great.

+1

I can think of a million things I'd rather do than stay indoors and watch college football on a fall Saturday. I'm already spending most of my Sunday watching football. Why spend an entire weekend doing that?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:07:34 PM by Bleuteaux »

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2014, 03:34:22 PM »
I'm mostly offended by the terrible ND jokes. Zero wit.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2014, 04:38:57 PM »
I boycotted all college football on TV a couple of seasons ago.   Amazing how little I missed it.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2014, 04:59:29 PM »
Denver MU must be in a coma for him to not respond to this thread.

warriorchick

• All American
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2014, 10:32:28 PM »
And now there is this:

http://deadspin.com/academic-fraud-investigation-underway-at-notre-dame-1622321030

How could this happen?  This is God's team!!!  Touchdown Jesus and all.  Lou Holtz.

Sister Madeleva and Father Shanley are spinning in their graves.  The Poor Handmaids of JC are working the beads OT in Donaldson, IN tonight.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2014, 11:58:33 PM »
Proud Marquette alum, proud Marquette basketball fanatic and proud Notre Dame football fanatic. Grew up with three family members attending the school, have been going to games since I was 2.

I loved walking around campus in my ND football shirt, and I loved the hate. I embrace it.

Go Marquette. Go Irish.

Sorry to everyone who will hate on me for it, but I honestly do not know how I would function without both of my teams. It's not that hard to cheer for Notre Dame in a sport that Marquette does not involve themselves in.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2014, 07:42:40 AM »
How could this happen?  This is God's team!!!  Touchdown Jesus and all.  Lou Holtz.

Sister Madeleva and Father Shanley are spinning in their graves.  The Poor Handmaids of JC are working the beads OT in Donaldson, IN tonight.

To give ND credit, instead of burying the story and attacking the source, they dealt with it.  Unlike UNC.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2014, 10:15:49 AM »

To give ND credit, instead of burying the story and attacking the source, they dealt with it.  Unlike UNC.

But what we won't know is if they tried to head it off ASAP before the media got a hold of it.
SS Marquette

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2014, 10:18:33 AM »
But what we won't know is if they tried to head it off ASAP before the media got a hold of it.

I'm sure they did.  Tearing the band aid off quickly is oftentimes the best solution.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2014, 12:05:04 PM »
with tinder I can lay on the couch till they come to me

I figured you more for a Grindr user.   Not that there is anything wrong with that.  
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:08:08 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2014, 12:07:19 PM »

I give ND credit, they are addressing it and taking action.  If this were to happen at many schools across the country, they would try to bury it and cover it up.

Obviously some lousy stuff going on, but ND gets a bit of praise from me for trying to deal with it.  Perhaps there was some covering up going on, have to wait until the facts come out, but I have zero doubt in my mind this is covered up at many schools.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2014, 12:29:18 PM »
My guess is that they tried to get ahead of it once they knew it came out.

They have a horrible record of cover ups, ranging from sexual assaults by football players to Manti Te'o.  

At the end of the day, they aren't any worse than any other school with the problems they encounter with their students and athletes.  They are just sooooo smarmy about it.  After all, they are God's team.

Funny story....when I was a soph at MU, I went back home one weekend, and hung out with some friends at ND.  One of the guys was a fb player.  To get me in to some  of the parties, the fb player told everyone I was a fb recruit in for the weekend (I am bigger than the avg bear).  I drank for free with other underage fb players Friday and sat night.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2014, 12:37:07 PM »
I figured you more for a Grindr user.   Not that there is anything wrong with that.  

Nah man I'm all about th3nder
Maigh Eo for Sam

19thAndState

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2014, 03:06:25 PM »
I mean, can we really judge anything Notre Dame does anyway? We've had our share of stories on our end over the last 5 years...............

🏀

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2014, 03:29:42 PM »
I mean, can we really judge anything Notre Dame does anyway? We've had our share of stories on our end over the last 5 years...............

Yes, anyone can.

I can't believe they are 'shocked' this happened.

You hired Brian Kelly, this is what Brian Kelly does. Slippery.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2014, 08:36:34 AM »
"Notre Dame Was Never Special And Never Will Be"

http://deadspin.com/notre-dame-was-never-special-and-never-will-be-1624521480?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

"It's an amazing little con, isn't it? Here's Notre Dame investigating commonplace academic fraud and somehow using it to distance itself from the rest of the college football-industrial complex. When the Domers don't openly cheat, they're saints. When they get caught, they're saints for owning up to it."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2014, 09:11:08 AM »
"Notre Dame Was Never Special And Never Will Be"

http://deadspin.com/notre-dame-was-never-special-and-never-will-be-1624521480?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

"It's an amazing little con, isn't it? Here's Notre Dame investigating commonplace academic fraud and somehow using it to distance itself from the rest of the college football-industrial complex. When the Domers don't openly cheat, they're saints. When they get caught, they're saints for owning up to it."

"It's Purdue with nicer helmets."

BWAAAHAHA!

Drew Magary is one of my favorite writers.  Make sure you click through to the link "Hater's Guide to Notre Dame" while you are at it.  I posted that here when it first came out and it is still a classic.
Have some patience, FFS.