Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Alabama A&M At The Al....  (Read 11295 times)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Alabama A&M At The Al....
« on: August 11, 2014, 10:13:20 AM »
should be a different atmosphere.

DienerTime34

• All American
Re: Alabama A&M At The Al....
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:18:57 AM »
Seems like a step back for the program, like when UW-M moved back to campus. Also will hurt our yearly national attendance numbers.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 10:19:53 AM »
Open to public? Date?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »
It's not a step back.  It's one game during Holiday break for students.  I think they are simply trying to do something unique with what be a pretty sparse crowd.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 10:29:51 AM »
Awesome.  I have been hoping they would do something like this for a long time.  When you only get 5,000 at the BC for a no-name, weekday, winter non-conference game, you might as well put it in the Al and have it be packed rather than 5,000 people dispersed amongst 18,000 seats.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Bricky

• Starter
  • sparkle sparkle
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 10:33:45 AM »
It's because of a scheduling conflict with the BMO.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 10:34:52 AM »
Seems like a step back for the program, like when UW-M moved back to campus. Also will hurt our yearly national attendance numbers.

Not a step back...conflict with the BC in terms of scheduling. Should be a loud game.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 10:36:15 AM »
I think it's pretty cool to play a game at the Al.  Way cooler than scheduling a SWAC team that had an RPI of 269 and loses its top four players.

bradley center bat

• All American

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 10:46:58 AM »
It's not a step back.  It's one game during Holiday break for students.  I think they are simply trying to do something unique with what be a pretty sparse crowd.

+1  Great idea for a holiday break game.  Will this be Luke Fisher's first game back?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 10:51:14 AM »
Grades are due at noon on 12/16.  The same day as the ASU game.  That will be his first game back.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 10:52:58 AM »
Should be a loud game.

3700 yawns can be deafening.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 10:53:49 AM »

Won't impact our attendance numbers, per MU's facebook page

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 10:55:31 AM »
I think it's pretty cool to play a game at the Al.  Way cooler than scheduling a SWAC team that had an RPI of 269 and loses its top four players.

This. I hope FS1 televises it, but I'm more concerned about the opponent. They underperformed last year, and not only lost their four best, but 6 of their top 7 minutes guys. That sucking sound you hear is the drain on our RPI.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 10:59:58 AM »
Agreed that it's not a step back and it's not at all like UWM because we aren't moving all our home games to the Al. Really hope this game televised since I don't live anywhere near Milwaukee.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 11:05:03 AM »
Love playing a game in the al. Hate that it's Alabama A&M
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 12:36:19 PM »
Had there been no scheduling conflict, this game would have been at BMO, right?

And if so, it would have been in the season ticket package, right?

So because of a scheduling conflict, season ticket holders are getting one less game, right?

Yet, no refund of the diff being offered, right?

Am I missing something? 

I know its just alabama A&M, but still bothers me a little that MU isn't offering to "make it up" to its backers .  Email simply says this game is not included in the season ticket plans.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 12:37:54 PM »
This. I hope FS1 televises it, but I'm more concerned about the opponent. They underperformed last year, and not only lost their four best, but 6 of their top 7 minutes guys. That sucking sound you hear is the drain on our RPI.

Wrong season to be worrying about the RPI.   Take any win and run. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 12:38:59 PM »
This really blows for the majority of season ticket holders. First of all, they make us pay full price for the exhibition game against Wisconsin Lutheran. Then, 3/4 of us won't even have a chance at tickets for a regular season home game.

Call me crazy, but when I buy season tickets I expect to get every home game.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:40:55 PM by MUfan12 »

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 12:42:16 PM »
I am delighted that we were able to schedule another cupcake game. We have enough challenging games on the schedule. At his point, with a new coach  Logging up wins is the most important thing.  Would really like to see us go into conference play with 9 wins. I think 12-6 in conference is a real possibility. 8-1 at home 4-5 on road. Getting a 20 win season out of the box would give the program some nice momentum.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 12:49:03 PM »

So because of a scheduling conflict, season ticket holders are getting one less game, right?

Am I missing something? 

I know its just alabama A&M, but still bothers me a little that MU isn't offering to "make it up" to its backers .  Email simply says this game is not included in the season ticket plans.

You pay the same base amount for season-tickets. So, you are saving compared to single game ticket cost. It's has been 16 home games the past couple of years, this year it's 17 games at the Bradley Center.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 12:52:50 PM »

Am I missing something? 

No, because this year's Bradley Center schedule already includes the same number of games as last year with the addition of an exhibition game. It will be interesting to see what they charge for the Al game. They could charge less, because it is at the Al or they could charge more because of limited seating. Obviously not all season ticket holders will get tickets.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 01:01:23 PM »
all that understood - i know it sometimes varies how many games we actually get in the package, but in this case there is going to be an additional game AND the U is chargingfor them - if the base amount stays the same regardless, then this scheduling conflict is creating windfall opp for MU - im sure they're not dancing in the streets and would rather have at it in BMO, but 3700 face values and concessions is nothing to sneeze at

they should have just said "sorry about the conflict, not everyone will be able to go but they will be free of charge on a priority point basis (limit 2) and all others wanting to go but not able to purchase will receive XYZ"

curious if the student tickets to the game being made avail will be "offered for purchase" or distributed without a fee

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 01:24:14 PM »
Does our fanbase ever not complain about something?

No students and right before Christmas and a crap opponent?   I commend MU for putting some high-grade lipstick on this pig of a game.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 01:28:24 PM »
Does our fanbase ever not complain about something?

No students and right before Christmas and a crap opponent?   I commend MU for putting some high-grade lipstick on this pig of a game.

If MU is playing a home game, as a season ticket holder, I want to be there. Pig of a game or not.

feedback