collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Anyone need a "Caucasians" jersey?  (Read 3522 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Anyone need a "Caucasians" jersey?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:11:24 PM »
Had dinner last night with a former Dan Snyder employee and we ultimately went to the Cubs game.  His opinion, Redskin name isn't changing as long as his former boss owns the team.   This particular person was at ESPN for many years as well, and now in college sports.  Pretty big MU follower along with DePaul and Dayton.  Long story short, said "Buzz was 2 steps ahead of the law" and got out before the posse got him.  His point of view, but this guy is very wired in.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 10:01:39 PM »
Had dinner last night with a former Dan Snyder employee and we ultimately went to the Cubs game.  His opinion, Redskin name isn't changing as long as his former boss owns the team.   This particular person was at ESPN for many years as well, and now in college sports.  Pretty big MU follower along with DePaul and Dayton.  Long story short, said "Buzz was 2 steps ahead of the law" and got out before the posse got him.  His point of view, but this guy is very wired in.

Makes sense as his house looked like he wanted to stay for a sig amt of time
SS Marquette

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 10:34:28 AM »

"law" meaning NCAA/university violations or actual law enforcement?

Neither is good but one is a significantly bigger deal than the other....

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 10:54:27 AM »

If your "wired in" boy is right, MU is still in deep, deep trouble. A coach "getting out" doesn't stop the posse from getting you. Lots of schools have been punished AFTER the violator is long gone. So, if the NCAA is all over the campus this year and we're on probation soon thereafter I'll acknowledge that guy is "wired in". If not, I'll chalk this up to some more of your vague, mostly made up stuff. I guess we'll know soon.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 11:09:27 AM »
"law" meaning NCAA/university violations or actual law enforcement?

Neither is good but one is a significantly bigger deal than the other....

Yes, which "law" is it.  I assume he means the administration and the alumni that matter and not the NCAA (I hope).  This next season was going to be really rough with or without Buzz, and given the off the court stuff and last season, Buzz knew it was time to skip out asap.

Also, the jersey should show a much fatter Caucasian if they want to get the full effect.  If they added some puffiness to the cheeks, maybe they'd get more reaction. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:49:40 PM by GOO »

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 01:44:32 PM »
My son is an Indians fan and I bought him that shirt as a joke about 6-8 years ago.  It's been around for a long while.

As for Buzz, it is hard to fathom a good reason for him leaving for Virginia Tech, unless he expected a mass revolt from his players which could have caused his stock to plummet and he wanted to take the first offer he could before that happened.  Either that or MU wanted him to go or their was something sinister like Chico was alluding to.  Because even if next year was a down year, with the recruiting classes he was bringing it it was only a matter of a short time before we were very good again and his stock was on the rise again and a better job would be available.  He could just be an odd duck.  Who knows?

I have come to grips with not knowing the reasons for his departure and I'm comfortable with that. 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.