'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: UW-MU game on CBS  (Read 12957 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: UW-MU game on CBS
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2014, 11:03:30 AM »
Wisconsin has a cake walk each year in this format.  Big Ten...stupid is as stupid does.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 11:08:37 AM »
Wisconsin has a cake walk each year in this format.  Big Ten...stupid is as stupid does.

Yeah Chicos.  The Big Ten is "stupid."  Good theory.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 12:07:28 PM »
Did I miss something that turned this into a minor league football message board?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 12:32:04 PM »

I think the lazy thing would have been to put Rutgers or Maryland in different divisions....or the same division and moving one school out of it.  But I don't think that a major conference, especially one like the B10 who systematically plans out everything, is just going to say "well whatever" and do things that are easy. 

One thought I have is that they did this to maximize their television value just before the new television contracts.  This way they have arguably some of their marquee television games guaranteed to happen every year.

There is definitely some validity to what you say, and I agree that perhaps lazy is the wrong word.  I think it's better to say they sacrificed long term for short term and expediency.

What they agreed to does boast TV value because of all the guaranteed match-ups in the East(I'm thinking a 80-20 split on interdivision prime time match-ups with east getting 80) and it also satisfied all the immediate demands of the individual schools.  However, I think it does nothing to protect the long term health of the conference.

They better help the teams in the west start getting better or the conference could take a downturn from a competitive standpoint.  Short of an apocalypse I don't see how the B1G isn't the leading revenue monster for the next 20 years.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 01:06:34 PM »
Equally likely that is the day Michigan starts their next coaching search.   

Harbaugh!!

Death on call

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 10:07:18 PM »
FS1 sold some games to CBS/CBSSN.

I see, thanks.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 02:22:12 AM »
Anyone know if Virginia Tech's basketball team also plays on CBS that Saturday?

A+

bradley center bat

• All American

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2014, 02:55:53 PM »
Baby Blues!!!!

I don't think Wojo likes teams that wear baby blues

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2014, 04:16:57 PM »
Apparently, CBS wants to highlight a lop-sided 'rivarly'

If 2014 is a down year, we're still playing in our place.

There's emotion and history and perhaps even blood on the floor. There's ole man Hughes and Al expressing themselves. There's the fact that we owned the Badgers for years. There's the fact that Becky is a very good team this year while we have some proving to do.

Should be a good game. Go Warriors!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2014, 04:37:20 PM »
If 2014 is a down year, we're still playing in our place.

There's emotion and history and perhaps even blood on the floor. There's ole man Hughes and Al expressing themselves. There's the fact that we owned the Badgers for years. There's the fact that Becky is a very good team this year while we have some proving to do.

Should be a good game. Go Warriors!

Exactly!  This is a rivalry where you throw out the rankings.  Don't think many expected us to comfortably beat them in '11-'12 when we were @Madison (ranked #9) and JC was suspended for the game.  We will certainly be underdogs, but we're at the BC, so anything can happen.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2014, 04:46:24 PM »
So if the MU/UW game goes into multiple overtimes will they stay with our game rather than switching over to the SEC championship?  I'd love to see the reaction in SEC country (even though my wife is a LSU grad).

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2014, 05:22:46 PM »
That would have to be tons of overtimes, since the SEC title game starts after 3pm.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton