[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2015 Bryant Crawford Offered  (Read 17021 times)

Texas Western

• All American
Re: 2015 Bryant Crawford Offered
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 02:33:42 PM »
Ding Ding Ding.

You can argue possibly better exposure for Wake, but since the addition of the Former BE schools Wake is a second tier ACC school with very little chance to succeed and little history of recent success.

Obviously Wake isn't a terrible and they have two great NBA alumni that can make them attractive and a new coach to be excited about. But for now a top tier BE school is a better offer than a second or third level ACC school. Georgetown is consistently a top 25 team.
Agree with you and not to mention Georgetown a far better school.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 03:03:51 PM »
Wake is on record stating that it is not interested in paying players (of course, Delany said the same thing). I think wake needs to decide what they want to do athletically since they are a small, private school in a P5 conference. It is very difficult for them to be competitive in football and although they hired Danny Manning for basketball, their alums (like a lot of private universities) are spread out and not part of the local fan base.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 03:32:24 PM »
Wake has the smallest undergrad enrollment of any P5 school (well many others as well). It's hard to fathom but I could almost see them dropping football and moving down in conference some day.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 11:23:16 AM »
Wake has the smallest undergrad enrollment of any P5 school (well many others as well). It's hard to fathom but I could almost see them dropping football and moving down in conference some day.

And give up the revenue that the big boys of the ACC are making for them?  Not likely.  Having a widely dispersed alumni base is still another reason to keep football around to help maintain alumni interest.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 11:30:07 AM »
And give up the revenue that the big boys of the ACC are making for them?  Not likely.  Having a widely dispersed alumni base is still another reason to keep football around to help maintain alumni interest.

Agreed. No way does Wake stop suckling at the football tit.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 02:27:36 PM »
And give up the revenue that the big boys of the ACC are making for them?  Not likely.  Having a widely dispersed alumni base is still another reason to keep football around to help maintain alumni interest.

This is your opinion. I'm confident that you don't know any Wake boosters.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 03:11:37 PM »

Are they the type to cut off their nose to spite their face?

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 03:36:45 PM »
Are they the type to cut off their nose to spite their face?

Hmmm...interesting way of putting it. I know for a fact that there is some push to change Wake from non-sectarian back to its roots of Baptism. And most of wakes wealthiest alums are Baptist. In other words, there is religious money sitting on the sidelines. More money than what sports can bring in since that money is spent every year just to "keep up." Wakes chancellor said they will absolutely not pay athletes. They have less than 5000 undergrads and a $1B endowment. Interesting times ahead for them. You should PM "littleellinson" because she clearly knows more than I do; she must read the bleacher report.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2014, 06:15:57 PM »

Correct and correct.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2014, 06:17:46 PM »
Hmmm...interesting way of putting it. I know for a fact that there is some push to change Wake from non-sectarian back to its roots of Baptism. And most of wakes wealthiest alums are Baptist. In other words, there is religious money sitting on the sidelines. More money than what sports can bring in since that money is spent every year just to "keep up." Wakes chancellor said they will absolutely not pay athletes. They have less than 5000 undergrads and a $1B endowment. Interesting times ahead for them. You should PM "littleellinson" because she clearly knows more than I do; she must read the bleacher report.

Now that's a bit testy.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 10:40:46 PM »

So does this mean you know Wake boosters?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback