'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: May the Schwartz be with you..........  (Read 4341 times)

moomoo

• Team Captain
May the Schwartz be with you..........
« on: July 21, 2014, 03:38:37 PM »
Two questions for my Marquette fratelli

How good a chance do we have

And

How good is he............

HIGH-SCHOOL
West De Pere's Schwartz nears college decision

Andrew Pekarek, Press-Gazette Media
19 hours ago

File/Press-Gazette Media
West De Pere’s Cody Schwartz (33) takes a shot over Wisconsin Lutheran’s Keith Franklin during the WIAA state boys basketball tournament in March.
Cody Schwartz will make one of the biggest decisions of his life in the coming weeks.

The 6-foot-8 standout forward on the West De Pere boys basketball team plans to visit several colleges next month after the conclusion of his Wisconsin Blizzard AAU basketball season.
Schwartz will use the trips to narrow down the list of schools he has received NCAA Division I scholarship offers from. He hopes to make a decision and a verbal commitment to one by early September.
Schwartz likely will be taking some time to think about his college options while relaxing in Door County.
"I don't really think of it as a vacation place," Schwartz said. "It's more of like a second home to me."
Schwartz lived in Door County until his parents divorced when he was in second grade.
He moved to De Pere with his mom, Jenene. But he spends most of his summer with his father, Mark, who lives in Forestville.
Schwartz said the separation didn't affect him much.
"I wasn't really the type of kid to get mad over it or sad," he said. "It was just something I got used to."
Schwartz remains friends with a few of his classmates from Southern Door Elementary School.

File/Press-Gazette Media
West De Pere’s Cody Schwartz has received eight NCAA Division I scholarship offers, including one from UWGB.
They aren't surprised he has gone on to receive NCAA Division I scholarship offers from Creighton, Davidson, UW-Green Bay, Marquette, Nebraska, Northern Iowa, San Jose State and Toledo.
"He was always super tall for his age," said Southern Door senior Lance Klaubauf, who is one of Schwartz's best friends. "People would always joke around that he could play in the NBA and stuff."
Schwartz's early athletic dreams were actually centered around the baseball diamond. He was a pitcher for a youth baseball team that placed third in the state for its age group when he was 10.
But his interest started to sway toward the basketball court when he was in seventh grade and already 6-foot-4.
"I started to become really good at basketball and realizing I could do something with it," said Schwartz, who is one of the top-ranked players in Wisconsin for the Class of 2015.
Schwartz was 6-foot-6 when he entered West De Pere's starting lineup as a freshman.
But the thing that truly made him stand out was his shooting touch.
Schwartz showed that as a sophomore when he knocked down a contested 3-pointer at the buzzer to power the Phantoms to a road victory against Seymour.
His 25-point performance against the likes of Marquette recruit Sandy Cohen in that game ultimately helped West De Pere win its first conference title since 1986.
"That was a huge moment," Schwartz said. "I had that feeling where I can play with a lot of the top players like Sandy. It was almost like validation that I could play with these guys."
Schwartz surpassed 1,000 career points and helped the Phantoms advance to the WIAA state tournament for the first time since 1933 as a junior last season.
He averaged 18.4 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.1 steals per game in earning unanimous first-team all-Bay Conference and WBCA Division 2 all-state honors. The lengthy forward also shot 32.8 percent from 3-point range.
"Since I got the Creighton offer, a lot of people will compare me to Doug McDermott because of his shooting and post-up game," said Schwartz, who is hoping to add muscle to his 190-pound frame and become a better dribbler as a senior.
Since West De Pere will have to replace the production of Richmond recruit Chandler Diekvoss for the upcoming season, Schwartz knows he has to take his game to another level.
"I want to add another dimension to my game so I can be a more versatile player," Schwartz said. "Every day you have to keep working if you want it that bad. I want to be the best player I can be, so I know I have to be in the gym every day to show the coaches I can be a great player in not just one or two games, but consistently great."
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: May the Schwartz be with you..........
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 03:43:06 PM »
I'm figurin' he'll take his talents to the Resch Center.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 03:48:48 PM »
Yeah, I don't think we are really looking at him any longer.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 03:54:28 PM »
San Jose State may stink, but the weather out here is gorgeous.
SS Marquette

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 04:15:08 PM »
He's not on our list of main targets. But we may get more involved if some of the bigger fish elude Wojo. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Bluejay uniform.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 04:58:58 PM »
Hopefully not. Taller, slower, less accurate Jake Thomas.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 06:13:28 PM »

+1
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 06:34:16 PM »
He's not on our list of main targets. But we may get more involved if some of the bigger fish elude Wojo. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Bluejay uniform.

Mark Miller predicted Creighton, but he backed off July 10th.  Two others changed from Creighton to Wisco and San Jose State.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 06:36:25 PM »
When we had five scholarships to fill, I would of taken him. I would not take him with only two left. You have to look to get immediate contributors with the last two. Hold them for 2016, if you can't.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 06:40:44 PM »

It looked like Creighton for a while there.  Not the case now.  Maybe they finally saw what you see.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brandx

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 08:13:40 PM »
When we had five scholarships to fill, I would of taken him. I would not take him with only two left. You have to look to get immediate contributors with the last two. Hold them for 2016, if you can't.

+1

I doubt that the offer for MU is still out there.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 08:59:30 PM »
I hope he plays against another player named Schwartz so that a fan can go onto the other board and say "I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!"
Maigh Eo for Sam

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 09:15:51 AM »

Huh. VTech may be a good spot then.

lohaus

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 10:36:40 PM »
Consistently outplayed by Sandy Cohen.  He didn't have the handles or quickness to get around Wisco' defense in state tournament. . . guarded by a 6 foot quick guy.  I'd like to see a 6'8" guy finish with a flush in traffic against NE Wisconsin summer league guys instead of laying it in.

I know they are a different class but I would take Sam Hauser over this guy every time.