Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Spirit Shop has throwback jerseys  (Read 9598 times)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: Spirit Shop has throwback jerseys
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 11:46:02 PM »
They really should have throwback nights. I think they would be a hit with alums and kids alike. If football can use crazy uniform changes from week to week to help with recruiting, basketball should too.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 12:08:40 AM »
They really should have throwback nights. I think they would be a hit with alums and kids alike. If football can use crazy uniform changes from week to week to help with recruiting, basketball should too.

That's what the baby blue jerseys are for.  Too bad we can never win big games with them...

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 11:14:25 PM »
Someone on twitter told me that.

done deal

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 10:26:09 AM »

I love this idea and think it'd be great but of our iconic heresies two are against the rules and one we pretty much play in anyways.  So I think it might not be as classic of throwbacks as we'd all want it to be. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 12:38:58 PM »
I love this idea and think it'd be great but of our iconic heresies two are against the rules and one we pretty much play in anyways.  So I think it might not be as classic of throwbacks as we'd all want it to be. 

Are or were against the rules? After those neon/zebra prints worn by ND, it seems all bets are off. Anybody know?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 12:40:43 PM »
Are or were against the rules? After those neon/zebra prints worn by ND, it seems all bets are off. Anybody know?

Are you talking about the shamrock shake jersies?

Maigh Eo for Sam

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »
Are you talking about the shamrock shake jersies?

Signature:

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2014, 03:00:39 PM »
Spirit Shop needs an online store.

Seriously, f*** the Spirit Shop and MU for having the crappiest online store.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

The Love House

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2014, 05:03:11 PM »
Hate to be the one to burst bubbles but I just went to the spirit shop and theyre not real jerseys. Just cotton beach tank tops. Im so disappointed...

I bought the Butch Lee/untucked jersey this past weekend when I was there for the Alumni reunion. I also tried on several others. Worth every penny. I immediately wore it to the Block Party and even managed to baptize it with some Real Chili stains around 2:30 a.m. Let me dispel some misconceptions for you:

"They are...cotton beach tank tops"

Look, maybe you were in the wrong section or something, but they are definitely NOT cotton beach tank tops. In fact, they replicate the acrylic fabric that was popular in sports jerseys back in th 60's and 70's. Frankly, I was pretty impressed with the quality of the material and the effort they put into replicating the minor aspects of the jerseys, including the piping, the size of the lettering, the Sand Knit logo, and even the color differential of the 1972 teal vs the 1976 teal (no, it was not baby blue back then). My only complaint is that I wish they would have embroidered the numbers and letters. Otherwise, I love it and plan to wear it when I'm watchin MU games at home or at the bar. If you thought they were cotton beach tank tops then you obviously just glanced at them, saw the price tag, thumbed your nose and walked away without trying any on.

"They run small"

They run true to the original style, which is snugger fitting than the baggy style that's popular with today's jerseys.  I actually prefer it that way. If you want a jersey to hang down to your knees, wear the LeBron Miami Heat jersey your 13 year old just tossed in the garbage a couple weeks ago.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2014, 05:09:25 PM »

This. +1000

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 05:50:21 PM »

Doesn't MU offer Computer Science?  Seems like a great project for a couple of students.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 11:00:42 PM »
This. +1000

Thats why I spend my money elsewhere when I can.
SS Marquette

feedback