[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Stone Decision  (Read 15372 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Stone Decision
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 05:09:57 PM »
4 ever

You might be right but strictly for image of program Stone is bigger get. The first top ten recruit is the hardest to get but once you land one it changes things. Either one is a great get and both would be a game changer. Unlike some on here I have heard positive things on Stone's interest in MU since Wojo hot here. Really hope Wojo lands Henry relatively quickly and then playing with house money.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 05:58:02 PM »
UNC, UCLA, Duke, or Kentucky

Edit: The sleeper is Georgetown. Had heard there was a lot of interest earlier in the process. Haven't heard a ton since, but would bet on the Hoyas over the Warriors.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:00:30 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 06:20:02 PM »
I would much rather have Henry.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 06:27:40 PM »
I would much rather have Henry.

I'd be thrilled with either.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 06:28:46 PM »
I wouldn't leave out UCLA

Or UConn...
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 06:38:27 PM »
Has he announced a final list of schools?
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 09:11:38 PM »
Has he announced a final list of schools?

All of them.

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2014, 09:17:03 PM »
I predict UCONN

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2014, 10:07:02 PM »
4 ever

You might be right but strictly for image of program Stone is bigger get. The first top ten recruit is the hardest to get but once you land one it changes things. Either one is a great get and both would be a game changer. Unlike some on here I have heard positive things on Stone's interest in MU since Wojo hot here. Really hope Wojo lands Henry relatively quickly and then playing with house money.

Some sites have Ellenson in the top 10...ESPN being 1

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2014, 10:13:42 PM »
TAMU

I am with you and really do think we have legit chance of landing him.

I would be stunned.  I would actually be shocked just to make his final 5, but figure we might get that as merely a courtesy.    Do not see it happening at all.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 08:36:45 AM »
UNC, UCLA, Duke, or Kentucky

Edit: The sleeper is Georgetown. Had heard there was a lot of interest earlier in the process. Haven't heard a ton since, but would bet on the Hoyas over the Warriors.
Heard Georgetown last year as well. I'm with Chicos and think MU is a courtesy mention for all of the free tickets he's gotten over the years.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 05:11:42 PM »
We have a chance to sign Diamond . To do so we have to make the case to Mr. Stone that we are the best alternative to position Diamond for the NBA. He has to feel that his son is the featured big man(which won't be the case at other big time schools )and that Wojo will be on a mission to make him the best player he can possibly be.  Mr. Stone is a savvy guy when it comes to basketball and will understand the pros and cons. He has been around long enough to know our Marquette tradition and history and what we can do for a player. If he has a comfort level with Coach Wojo it can happen.  My sense is the son is going to go with what the father recommends. As funny as it sounds, in some respects we are the sure thing for Diamond. The big name schools present risk in that he is not necessarily guaranteed the feature role and he is recruited over. Somehow that message has to come across. Right now I think we have about a 16 percent chance that we sign Diamond. I think it is about 2/3 that he goes out of state and 1/3 in state. If he goes instate it is a toss up between us and Wisconsin.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 06:06:59 PM »
DS won't be the featured big man at some other schools?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 06:13:28 PM »
And what "tradition and history" does Marquette and Wojo have in positioning big men for the NBA?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 06:18:04 PM »
And what "tradition and history" does Marquette and Wojo have in positioning big men for the NBA?

Mike Kinsella.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2014, 06:19:20 PM »

Wasn't Wojo the bigs coach at Duke?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2014, 06:24:25 PM »
Wasn't Wojo the bigs coach at Duke?

Yes, but Duke doesn't crank out top pro prospects like Kentucky.

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2014, 06:49:54 PM »
We have a chance to sign Diamond . To do so we have to make the case to Mr. Stone that we are the best alternative to position Diamond for the NBA. He has to feel that his son is the featured big man(which won't be the case at other big time schools )and that Wojo will be on a mission to make him the best player he can possibly be.  Mr. Stone is a savvy guy when it comes to basketball and will understand the pros and cons. He has been around long enough to know our Marquette tradition and history and what we can do for a player. If he has a comfort level with Coach Wojo it can happen.  My sense is the son is going to go with what the father recommends. As funny as it sounds, in some respects we are the sure thing for Diamond. The big name schools present risk in that he is not necessarily guaranteed the feature role and he is recruited over. Somehow that message has to come across. Right now I think we have about a 16 percent chance that we sign Diamond. I think it is about 2/3 that he goes out of state and 1/3 in state. If he goes instate it is a toss up between us and Wisconsin.

+100

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2014, 07:00:45 PM »
I believe that you guys are overemphasizing the dad's day in the process.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 07:03:02 PM »

Well, if the decision is based on who will put him in the best position to reach the NBA there is really only 1 option, and that is Kentucky.  They have 6th men drafted in the 1st round.  Heck, the big "traditional" (I'd call him more of a "bruiser") from the Anthony Davis National Championship team who watched Davis play his position for 39 minutes/game has made an NBA career.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2014, 07:11:22 PM »
Well, if the decision is based on who will put him in the best position to reach the NBA there is really only 1 option, and that is Kentucky.  They have 6th men drafted in the 1st round.  Heck, the big "traditional" (I'd call him more of a "bruiser") from the Anthony Davis National Championship team who watched Davis play his position for 39 minutes/game has made an NBA career.

Yep, if you are going to tell him to make his decision based on who provides the best chance of getting to the NBA, a first year head coach in his first job, with no track record is going to be at or near the bottom of the list, so I'm thinking that is probably not the best sales pitch for MU.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2014, 07:41:38 PM »
Don't get your hopes up.

Duane is like a big brother to Stone. He's also close friends with Stone's girlfriend.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2014, 07:55:57 PM »
Duane is like a big brother to Stone. He's also close friends with Stone's girlfriend.

I hear that lifestyle is very freeing to couples that feel stuck.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2014, 08:06:25 PM »

I don't know what to make of the relationship between Duane and Stone. There have been so many contradictory opinions presented here, who really knows for sure.

I think Wojo has placed his eggs in the Ellenson basket over Stone.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2014, 08:48:25 PM »
Henry can out play Stone one on one.

feedback