[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Flattering Article About Noskowiak  (Read 6715 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Flattering Article About Noskowiak
« on: July 18, 2014, 05:54:37 PM »
Sun Prairie's Nick Noskowiak leads Team Wisconsin to 4-0 showing at Rising Senior Academy tourney

http://host.madison.com/sports/high-school/basketball/prep-basketball-sun-prairie-s-nick-noskowiak-leads-team-wisconsin/article_da355ea4-0434-596e-9261-6e605275aec2.html

Sun Prairie senior Nick Noskowiak led the Wisconsin All-Stars with a team-high 32 points to spark a second-half rally en route to an 84-81 victory over Indiana in the final game of the second annual Rising Senior Academy tournament at Davis High School in Indianapolis on Tuesday.

Noskowiak, a 6-foot-2 guard and Marquette University recruit, sank five 3-pointers against Indiana to help rally Wisconsin from an 18-point second-half deficit. Noskowiak averaged 22.0 points per game to pace Wisconsin, which finished the two-day tourney with a 4-0 record.

Noskowiak sank four of his 3s and West Allis Central point guard Brandon Key scored 20 of his 22 points in the second half for Wisconsin.

Brevin Pritzl of De Pere, a University of Wisconsin recruit, added 10 points.

Neenah’s 6-11 center Matt Heldt, a Marquette recruit, had eight points and Stoughton’s Nick McGlynn, a Drake recruit, chipped in with six points.

Hall of Fame Cuba City coach Jerry Petitgoue served as head coach for Wisconsin and was assisted by Lance Marifke of Saint Francis and Jeff Boos of Sun Prairie. The five-team event also included teams from Iowa, Ohio and Washington.

“They played very unselfish basketball,” Marifke said of the squad which also included Ashwaubenon forward Kyle Monroe, Cuba City guard Zach Gaines, Milwaukee Pius XI forward Levi Bradley, Mineral Point guard Sy Staver and Sun Prairie forward J.T. Ruffin.

“The kids put their egos aside for the greater good.”

Wisconsin scoring: Nick Noskowiak 32, Levi Bradley 4, Brandon Key 22, J.T. Ruffin 2, Matt Heldt 8, Brevin Pritzel 10, Nick McGlynn 6.

Wisconsin 94, Washington (State) 66: Noskowiak scored 21 points to lead three players in double figures in Wisconsin’s opening game win on Monday.

Heldt scored 18 points, while Key added 12 points for Wisconsin, which was coached by Cuba City’s Jerry Petitgoue,

Washington led 39-37 at the half before Wisconsin exploded for 57 second-half points to pull away for the victory.

Wisconsin scoring: Nick Noskowiak 21, Levi Bradley 6, Brandon Key 12, J.T. Ruffin 9, Matt Heldt 18, Brevin Pritzel 6, Zachary Gaines 3, Sy Staver 8, Nick McGlynn 8.

Wisconsin 106, Iowa 70: Pritzl scored 23 points and Noskowiak added 22 to lead Wisconsin, which jumped out to a 56-41 halftime lead Monday night.

Bradley finished with 11 points, and stellar outside shooting by Noskowiak and Pritzel helped Wisconsin outscore Iowa 50-29 in the second half.

Heldt, Key and McGlynn added 11 points apiece.

Wisconsin scoring: Nick Noskowiak 22, Brevin Pritzel 23, Matt Heldt 11, J.T. Ruffin 7, Brandon Key 11, Sy Staver 8, Nick McGlynn 11, Levi Bradley 11, Zachary Gaines 2.

Wisconsin 61, Ohio 57: Noskowiak led a balanced scoring attack with 13 points and Bradley and Heldt added 12 points apiece to hold off previously unbeaten Ohio Tuesday morning.

Wisconsin scoring: J.T. Ruffin 2, Levi Bradley 12, Brevin Pritzl 8, Nick Noskowiak 13, Brandon Key 6, Matt Heldt 12, Nick McGlynn 7.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/high-school/basketball/prep-basketball-sun-prairie-s-nick-noskowiak-leads-team-wisconsin/article_da355ea4-0434-596e-9261-6e605275aec2.html#ixzz37rb8NGrP

Tums Festival

• All American
Re: Flattering Article About Noskowiak
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 06:17:24 PM »
Is Brandon Key Damon Key's son?
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 07:17:46 PM »
Is Brandon Key Damon Key's son?

Yes.  Revised not as sure as I thought I was.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:27:35 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 07:39:49 PM »
Yes.  Revised not as sure as I thought I was.

Found this, so I'm going to answer my own question with no.

http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=1140
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 09:53:04 PM »
Heldt showed himself well too in this, good to see two future MU players lead an all-star team to a perfect tourney record. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 02:01:12 AM »
Nick hit five three pointers in a game. Did our team do that even once last season?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 11:00:23 AM »
Dollars to donuts if the a**hat people on the Kohl Center Board caught wind of this tournament they're talking about how Noskowiak isn't a Bo type of player, isn't smart enough for UW, couldn't play in Bo's offense, Bo didn't really want him anyway for (fill in the blank reason), etc, etc.

Great to see Noskowiak show himself so well, and their future guy who plays basically the same position, Pritzl, was basically along for the ride. 

Their heads won't fit in the Bradley Center in December they're so full of themselves right now.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 11:04:20 AM »
Astonishingly (sarcasm), there's not a peep about this on their board.

The Badger JS beat writer, Protykus, posts there too, and didn't seem to sniff out this news.  Or is just ignoring it.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 11:12:41 AM »
When it comes to Jeff Portykus.......I'm thinking the latter.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 11:17:02 AM »
When it comes to Jeff Portykus.......I'm thinking the latter.

+1

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 11:42:30 AM »
The Wiscy board, if they mention this at all, will focus on the game where their recruit outscored the MU recruits. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 11:43:03 AM »
Dennis Semrau, the author of the Wisconsin State Journal story on Noskowiak and Team Wisconsin, lifted it from Mark Miller's earlier article on Wissports..  Way to go Dennis.  Nice.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 11:47:11 AM »
The Wiscy board, if they mention this at all, will focus on the game where their recruit outscored the MU recruits. 

Yes, and they'll have all of one of the four games to do that, where Pritzl outscored him be all of one point.  But they'll first have to tear him down as a person and player first.

I know this tourney in the big scheme of things means virtually nothing, but they are so full of themselves now and have relegated us to a mid-major death sentence, it is funny how Noskowiak seemed to dominate and Prizl was just another player apparently.

MUchamp22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 07:45:17 PM »
Not only is it nice to see our recruits perform well, but it is nice to see them do it while playing together. Any chemistry they can build now will help them greatly once they get on campus.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 09:58:59 PM »
See the highlighted part

Prep boys basketball: Sun Prairie’s Nick Noskowiak playing better than ever over summer

http://host.madison.com/sports/prep-boys-basketball-sun-prairie-s-nick-noskowiak-playing-better/article_25002c38-0f9f-11e4-a90a-001a4bcf887a.html

Sun Prairie guard and Marquette commitment Nick Noskowiak is showing why he’s ranked as one of the nation’s top players heading into his senior season for the Cardinals.

The 6-foot-2 combo guard has been lighting up summer competition lately, including a 32-point performance that led the Wisconsin All-Stars’ come-from-behind victory over Indiana in the Rising Senior Academy earlier this week.

The win was Wisconsin’s fourth in as many games at the event, during which Noskowiak averaged 22 points per game.

This came days after Noskowiak attended the exclusive LeBron James Skills Academy, which features 80 of the top high school and 30 of the top collegiate players from around the country.

“Playing at the LeBron James Skills Academy, playing against top players in the country, I feel like I belonged there,” Noskowiak said. “I competed well, and from there I took that to the Rising Skills Academy and played some of the best basketball I’ve ever played.”

Noskowiak was an early commitment to Marquette. He opened up his recruitment after Buzz Williams left the program for Virginia Tech, but it didn’t take new coach Steve Wojciechowski long to convince Noskowiak he should recommit.

Now the Sun Prairie star is helping Wojciechowski gather more talent.

Noskowiak said he built a great relationship with Fort Lauderdale, Fla., shooting guard Haanif Cheatham at the LeBron James Skills Academy, and he’s trying to convince the four-star prospect to pick Marquette after he announced a few weeks ago that the Golden Eagles were one of six schools he’s choosing from.

“I probably talk to whole (Marquette) coaching staff once or twice a week,” Noskowiak said. “I don’t want to say I’m helping them recruit, but they kind of told me who our top targets are."

Noskowiak also said he’s excited to try to lead Sun Prairie to a berth in the Kohl Center for the next season’s state tournament.

With the top recruit entering his senior year, this may be the Cardinals’ best chance.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 12:45:02 AM »
In some cases, players can be more important than coaches when recruiting.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 01:44:38 PM »
In some cases, players can be more important than coaches when recruiting.
Nick is demonstrating leadership by being an advocate for MU in the recruiting process. The more good word we get out in the market about our program the better.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 02:42:27 PM »
Exactly--after winning the tourney in ATl with Henry, I expect to read Nick talking about the chemistry he has with Henry and hope it continues with him at MU!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 02:44:50 PM »
The dynamics of internal chemistry is far more potent than a coach showing up in a Pimp Mobile at midnight.

Death on call

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 04:44:41 PM »
Nick is turning out to be quite the player. I hope Flory can make the jump like he has.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 10:40:43 PM »
Nick is turning out to be quite the player. I hope Flory can make the jump like he has.

I have complete confidence that Flory will become a great player when he reaches puberty.

MountainCreekHouse

• Starter
  • Danktatoes
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 12:26:45 PM »
I think these are some of the highlights from the tournament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJczKwnHYQw
Farva:"Give me six Schlitzes."
O'Hagan: "Take it easy, Rod."
Farva: "Open bar, dude!"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 07:06:52 PM »
I think these are some of the highlights from the tournament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJczKwnHYQw

Looks quicker and more athletic than he did in highlights from last year.  Looks like a quicker Riley LaChance.  Don't mind that one bit.

Do they have highlights of Pritzl's 5 field goals over the 4 games?  (Saw 1 off of Noskowiak's dish...man is that a slow developing shot)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter