[Today at 03:00:28 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Pakuni
[Today at 02:26:49 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser  (Read 127175 times)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: Sam Hauser
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2015, 12:23:39 PM »
I hope you are wrong. I just think that if he is our "star" during his senior year, the team will be in trouble.

That isn't to knock him, either. He could develop physically and be a very good player. I don't see him as a guy who leads a high major on a run.

He also lacks the quickness and shooting ability of Stauskas.

Hopefully I am proven wrong over the next several years.

Clearly we disagree.  I may very well be wrong.  After all I only played JV HS basketball.  But Wojo offered Hauser last year and several posters think he's one of Wojo's priorities along with Coffey and Winston.  If I could pose a rhetorical question, do you really think Wojo would make "the next Tim Jarmusz" a recruiting priority?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »

Judging Joey Hauser is tough and I don't know if I agree that he has a long way to go to catch up to his brother. Unlike his brother, Joey hasn't played with his grade for two years -- he played up two years last year, and one year this year. He would destroy it in 2018 and everybody would be talking about him. Wait until AAU ball his junior summer -- my hunch is that he leaves Wisconsin Academy and comes back to WI Swing. They have two good prospects from Waunakee (Listau and Steffen), plus solid guards from Burlington (Klug) and Appleton Xavier (Plamman). That would be a great team with the addition of Hauser. I believe the dads, Hauser, Listau and Steffen all played college ball together in MN.

I'll be up in MN for the NY2LA this weekend as well. Love this time of year.

I was strictly comparing junior year Sam to freshman year Joey.  The two year difference shows in Sam's more refined skill level but I do like Joey's tools.  But that is often the case when comparing a HS junior to a HS frosh. 

It is possible that in two years Joey is as good or even better than Sam is now.  But he could just as easily level off.  Will it be a case of Joey peaking early or will he progress to match, perhaps even surpass, Sam?  Time will tell.

brandx

« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2015, 01:25:24 PM »

Clearly we disagree.  I may very well be wrong.  After all I only played JV HS basketball.  But Wojo offered Hauser last year and several posters think he's one of Wojo's priorities along with Coffey and Winston.  If I could pose a rhetorical question, do you really think Wojo would make "the next Tim Jarmusz" a recruiting priority?

I hope you are the one that is correct, Headband.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2015, 05:20:12 PM »

Mark Miller @WisBBYearbook 
  ·  36m 36 minutes ago   
Indiana, Nebraska and Minnesota all beginning to show interest in Stevens Point junior Sam Hauser. May watch this weekend in Minneapolis.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2015, 05:38:15 PM »
Odd Wardle secured an in home visit this week also.

Interesting the Hauser family is throwing Bradley a bone. Was UWGB given the same interest from the family, just curious.

brandx

« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2015, 05:50:34 PM »

Interesting the Hauser family is throwing Bradley a bone. Was UWGB given the same interest from the family, just curious.

My guess is that the family already had a relationship with Wardle and gave him this out of respect for that relationship.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2015, 05:50:59 PM »

Wardle could argue that he was a similar kind of player and would best know how to maximize Hauser's ability.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2015, 06:20:53 PM »
Wardle could argue that he was a similar kind of player and would best know how to maximize Hauser's ability.

Understood. I was more asking does this mean UWGB would have gotten an in home visit with the Hauser's had Wardle stayed at UWGB? More or less just curious since that would have been huge for UWGB program even getting an in home.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2015, 11:41:35 PM »
According to Mark Miller Virginia offered Sam tonight.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WisBBYearbook/status/591815947427647488

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2015, 12:07:27 AM »
I loved Sam's game the first time I saw him play. He struck me as a Bo Ryan type recruit and I think Bo is making a big mistake not recruiting him. Now, that Creighton is in top 3 I expect him to go there. Sam fits well in  their three point shooting style. Sam not choosing MU, when we were easily the best offer out there tells me he is not sold on us. It is the opposite of Canisus(sp). I think we have a better shot at him, since he has not jumped on Michigan St.'s offer.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:10:41 AM by bilsu »

onepost

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2015, 12:12:05 AM »
I loved Sam's game the first time I saw him play. He struck me as a Bo Ryan type recruit and I think Bo is making a big mistake not recruiting him. Now, that Creighton is in top 3 I expect him to go there. Sam fits well in  their three point shooting style. Sam not choosing MU, when they were easily the best offer out there tells me he is not sold on us.

Yeah I don't agree with any of this at all, especially the him going to Creighton part.  We are the team to beat.  He was obviously gonna play his options out and see what happened.  He's done so and has been rewarded with some great offers.  But Wojo has been in on him hardest for over a year now.  I'm still confident we land him.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2015, 12:13:27 AM »
I loved Sam's game the first time I saw him play. He struck me as a Bo Ryan type recruit and I think Bo is making a big mistake not recruiting him. Now, that Creighton is in top 3 I expect him to go there. Sam fits well in  their three point shooting style. Sam not choosing MU, when we were easily the best offer out there tells me he is not sold on us. It is the opposite of Canisus(sp). I think we have a better shot at him, since he has not jumped on Michigan St.'s offer.

Hauser won't end up at Creighton. It will be Marquette, Wisconsin, or Virginia. Still think it'll be Marquette.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2015, 12:14:48 AM »
MU offered at the end of his sophomore year.  I really don't think the fact that he didn't immediately jump on the offer means anything about his level of interest.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2015, 10:15:25 AM »

MU is the team to beat for Hauser

MU has virtually zero shot at Winston
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2015, 10:47:14 AM »
Watched Sam last night. Bennett was front and center. Wojo & uw-madison's AC Close were on hand as well.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2015, 12:00:48 PM »
Kevin Huerter is right up there for Wojo and staff. Had 21 in a win over the Oakland Soldiers this morning.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2015, 12:25:26 PM »
PLEASE SAM PICK MARQUETTE.

thehammock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2015, 12:46:57 PM »
Sam, Huerter and a PF would be my wish list.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2015, 01:05:07 PM »
I like Sam. I've got a good feeling about Wojo landing him. I like his game.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2015, 01:07:41 PM »
Sam, Huerter and a PF would be my wish list.

This is pretty much my exact list as well.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2015, 01:24:37 PM »
TWITTER TRACKA
Corey Evans @coreyevans_10  ·  3h 3 hours ago
Steve Wojchiechowski, Ben Jacobson, Indiana State, Iowa, Butler, Nebraska watched 2016 WI Academy wing Sam Hauser #NY2LAEXTRAVAGANZA2K15

Corey Evans @coreyevans_10  ·  17h 17 hours ago
Unreal feel and skill with Sam Hauser. Scores at all 3 levels, can distribute, makes all the right reads. Has the it factor.

Mark Miller @WisBBYearbook  ·  17h 17 hours ago
Steve Wojciechowski and Tony Bennett among the coaches watching Sam Hauser at WI Academy -- Kostroski in Minneapolis.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2015, 02:24:11 PM »
I like Sam. I've got a good feeling about Wojo landing him. I like his game.

Big daddy ain't got nothin' on Dunks.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2015, 03:33:32 PM »
I know Winston and Coffey are big-time targets for us, and it's tough to speculate because Coffey isn't able to play yet, but it looks like Hauser has emerged as the main target for Wojo.  Like with Henry last year, it sounds like Wojo is going to literally every WA game to see both Sam and Joey play.  Yeah he's gotten ISU and UVA offers and has garnered a lot of interest lately but it sounds like Wojo is the only constant at every game of theirs.  Clearly he's going all in and I'm optimistic about our chances.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2015, 04:01:16 PM »
Our fingers are crossed that Sam joins Marquette.  Our son taught him in the classroom and said that Sam is excellent student with great parents.  He will be a great asset for MU.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2015, 04:44:23 PM »
ny2la saying that Gonzaga has interest in Hauser