[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser  (Read 127178 times)

Untucked

• Scholarship Player
Re: Sam Hauser
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2015, 10:06:40 AM »
His three top choices right now are; MU, Creighton, and UNI.
Q: What's the difference between Bo Ryan and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Bo Ryan!!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2015, 10:18:35 AM »
Mark Miller @WisBBYearbook
Just completed interview with Sam Hauser of WI Academy/Stevens Point. Top 3 at this point, Marquette, Creighton, UNI.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2015, 10:46:21 AM »
Will check in on Hauser this coming weekend.. WI Academy in the Twin Cities.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2015, 11:47:11 AM »
Just completed interview with Sam Hauser of WI Academy/Stevens Point. Top 3 at this point, Marquette, Creighton, UNI.

Greg McDermott is going to the Hauser household sometime this week

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2015, 05:53:21 PM »
It's always got to be Iowa State.

Iowa State extended a scholarship offer today to Stevens Point junior Sam Hauser.

brandx

« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2015, 06:07:05 PM »
What is Hauser's composite rating as of now? Maybe a 2-star?

I have only seen him once and thought he was just "OK". Are we going after him only because of little brother?

How do people like Jay Bee see him in the rankings after the summer? Can we anticipate a lot of on-court growth? Will he be a solid 3-star? Break into the top 200?

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2015, 06:19:38 PM »

I have only seen him once and thought he was just "OK". Are we going after him only because of little brother?

How do people like Jay Bee see him in the rankings after the summer? Can we anticipate a lot of on-court growth? Will he be a solid 3-star? Break into the top 200?

I personally think he is a carbon copy of Tim Jarmusz ( but a little more athletic) who was at Oshkosh West and then Wisconsin. The kid was a flawless 6'7 shooter who was not built at all. I personally think Hauser would be a fantastic redshirt option, and could turn into a nice contributor once he puts some weight on. Hopefully he doesn't turn into a bust either...

onepost

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2015, 06:52:54 PM »

I think you're severely underselling Hauser.  I think he'll definitely be a top-100 prospect with much bigger offers (Iowa State today, Virginia has been on him, other HM Midwest schools will offer I bet) than he's gotten now.  But I'm just glad we've been on him the longest and Wojo is at the helm of his recruitment.

brandx

« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2015, 07:01:55 PM »
I personally think he is a carbon copy of Tim Jarmusz ( but a little more athletic) who was at Oshkosh West and then Wisconsin. The kid was a flawless 6'7 shooter who was not built at all. I personally think Hauser would be a fantastic redshirt option, and could turn into a nice contributor once he puts some weight on. Hopefully he doesn't turn into a bust either...

That was exactly the guy I thought of, but didn't know if a lot of people here would remember him.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2015, 07:02:32 PM »

He's like Jarmusz in the sense that he always knows the right play and makes it, but he's far more polished in all offensive aspects.

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2015, 07:03:02 PM »
That was exactly the guy I thought of, but didn't know if a lot of people here would remember him.

Born and raised in Oshkosh. He was one hell of a HS basketball player.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2015, 07:49:37 PM »
He's like Jarmusz in the sense that he always knows the right play and makes it, but he's far more polished in all offensive aspects.
Yep.  Jarmiisz was not nearly as skilled or smooth.  Jarmusz was more like Zak Showalter, though bigger.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2015, 08:51:46 PM »
Saw Hauser in State title game.  Jarmusz is a bad comparison.  I'd throw out names like Brian Wardle, Kellen Dunham, Nik Stauskas, a shorter Mike Dunleavy Jr...great shooter, good ball handler, can slash a bit, smart passer, brings the ball up as a PG for his HS team...his rebounding, shot blocking and hustle kinda remind me of Mike Bargen.

Forget where Sam is ranked now.  He's top 100 good in my view, maybe top 50.  I think it speaks to Wojo's evaluation ability that he was on Hauser last year.  Watch Sam blow up this summer.  Joey is a nice prospect but has a long way to go to catch up to his older brother.  Right now I'd say Sam is the "Henry" and Joey is the "Wally".

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2015, 09:09:18 PM »
Iowa State, just go away.  >:(

onepost

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2015, 09:46:05 PM »
Iowa State, just go away.  >:(

I wouldn't worry about Iowa State until a guy actually signs here.

brandx

« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2015, 11:09:25 PM »
Saw Hauser in State title game.  Jarmusz is a bad comparison.  I'd throw out names like Brian Wardle, Kellen Dunham, Nik Stauskas, a shorter Mike Dunleavy Jr...great shooter, good ball handler, can slash a bit, smart passer, brings the ball up as a PG for his HS team...his rebounding, shot blocking and hustle kinda remind me of Mike Bargen.

Forget where Sam is ranked now.  He's top 100 good in my view, maybe top 50.  I think it speaks to Wojo's evaluation ability that he was on Hauser last year.  Watch Sam blow up this summer.  Joey is a nice prospect but has a long way to go to catch up to his older brother.  Right now I'd say Sam is the "Henry" and Joey is the "Wally".

Well, he's no Stauskas or Dunleavy - not in anybody's world.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2015, 11:22:50 PM »

No, he might not be, but both are pros.  What I saw was a kid who was a junior who could shoot the ball, something that Sandy, JJJ, Taylor, Derrick and others who could not.  If Ellenson stays around 2 years there might be some good looks out there for him to knock down some open shots.  Something MU has been lacking.  He has two more years before he even steps on the
court, more than enough time to put on some much needed weight.  He can play.  Start looking at it, 5 or 6 years from now.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2015, 07:43:29 AM »

I'll admit I should have said a poor man's Dunleavy.  The high bball IQ, passing skills, and shooting ability are qualities both Dunleavy and Hauser have but Dunleavy has them at a higher level.  I still say he's got the hustle and grit of Mike Bargen, the shooting and movement off screens of Kellen Dunham, and some passing/bball IQ skills of a poor man's Dunleavy.  I think Sam is going to be a very good player and feel his rating is lower than it should be.

He can be a sharpshooting sniper off the bench as a frosh and grow into a star by his senior year.  A lot of people on this board are under selling him but he's going to be very good.  To compare him to Jarmusz or say he's just being recruited to get Joey are mistakes.  Sam Hauser is legit all by himself.  I want him as much as any player in this class, including Coffey and Winston.  I want him way more than Kostas A. who looks like a bit of a project.  Maybe I'm way off base but I really see Hauser blowing up this summer and the Iowa State offer might be the start of that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2015, 09:35:54 AM »
I'll admit I should have said a poor man's Dunleavy.  The high bball IQ, passing skills, and shooting ability are qualities both Dunleavy and Hauser have but Dunleavy has them at a higher level.  I still say he's got the hustle and grit of Mike Bargen, the shooting and movement off screens of Kellen Dunham, and some passing/bball IQ skills of a poor man's Dunleavy.  I think Sam is going to be a very good player and feel his rating is lower than it should be.

He can be a sharpshooting sniper off the bench as a frosh and grow into a star by his senior year.  A lot of people on this board are under selling him but he's going to be very good.  To compare him to Jarmusz or say he's just being recruited to get Joey are mistakes.  Sam Hauser is legit all by himself.  I want him as much as any player in this class, including Coffey and Winston.  I want him way more than Kostas A. who looks like a bit of a project.  Maybe I'm way off base but I really see Hauser blowing up this summer and the Iowa State offer might be the start of that.

Generally, I agree except I think that wanting him as much as Winston is likely overselling him.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2015, 09:42:16 AM »
One thing I like about Hauser is he is likely a guy that can be a contributor for four years. He may never be an out and out star, but he's the kind of guy that will help you win a lot of games. Having solid four year players is just as important as having McDonald's kids.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2015, 09:57:33 AM »
Generally, I agree except I think that wanting him as much as Winston is likely overselling him.

Perhaps but we could really use a shooter and Sam Hauser is an elite shooter.  I think he's been flying a bit under the radar.  That's why I mentioned Nik Stauskas, who went from being ranked in the 70-80 range to the NBA in two years.  Not saying Sam will have quite that meteoric rise but I like him a lot.

I'd project his career arc like this:

Freshman sharpshooter as 8th or 9th man playing 10-15 min per game.
Sophomore 6th man or possible starter playing 20-25 min per game.
Junior starter playing 25-28 min per game.
Senior star player playing 28-32 min per game.

brandx

« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2015, 12:03:23 PM »
One thing I like about Hauser is he is likely a guy that can be a contributor for four years. He may never be an out and out star, but he's the kind of guy that will help you win a lot of games. Having solid four year players is just as important as having McDonald's kids.

I agree with this. Feel the same way about Heldt.

brandx

« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2015, 12:10:06 PM »
Perhaps but we could really use a shooter and Sam Hauser is an elite shooter.  I think he's been flying a bit under the radar.  That's why I mentioned Nik Stauskas, who went from being ranked in the 70-80 range to the NBA in two years.  Not saying Sam will have quite that meteoric rise but I like him a lot.

I'd project his career arc like this:

Freshman sharpshooter as 8th or 9th man playing 10-15 min per game.
Sophomore 6th man or possible starter playing 20-25 min per game.
Junior starter playing 25-28 min per game.
Senior star player playing 28-32 min per game.

I hope you are wrong. I just think that if he is our "star" during his senior year, the team will be in trouble.

That isn't to knock him, either. He could develop physically and be a very good player. I don't see him as a guy who leads a high major on a run.

He also lacks the quickness and shooting ability of Stauskas.

Hopefully I am proven wrong over the next several years.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2015, 12:19:37 PM »
I hope you are wrong. I just think that if he is our "star" during his senior year, the team will be in trouble.

That isn't to knock him, either. He could develop physically and be a very good player. I don't see him as a guy who leads a high major on a run.

He also lacks the quickness and shooting ability of Stauskas.

Hopefully I am proven wrong over the next several years.

He definitely lacks the quickness of Stauskas but not the shooting ability. He shot 53% on three pointers this season on something like over 5 attempts per game. He's one of the best shooters in the country.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2015, 12:21:16 PM »
Watch Sam blow up this summer.  Joey is a nice prospect but has a long way to go to catch up to his older brother.  Right now I'd say Sam is the "Henry" and Joey is the "Wally".
I would say Sam Hauser will be a top 100 guy. His team dominates in high school, so much like Diamond Stone, watching him in HS isn't the best barometer in my opinion. I personally think he is far superior to Jarmusz -- they might look like each other in HS games, but once they hit the circuit, you really see if they belong. In AAU, Hauser is a guy who the other team will put an athletic defender on, and he just waits. If it's not there, he waits some more. He doesn't force anything. Unlike some of today's prima donna players who only work with the ball in their hands, Hauser works off the ball and is constantly in motion. The cutting, back screening, back doors, pick and rolls, pick and pop are always in play. My only knock would be he isn't as athletic as others. Worked out pretty well for Lachance, and Hauser is 6 inches taller. Just my opinion.

Judging Joey Hauser is tough and I don't know if I agree that he has a long way to go to catch up to his brother. Unlike his brother, Joey hasn't played with his grade for two years -- he played up two years last year, and one year this year. He would destroy it in 2018 and everybody would be talking about him. Wait until AAU ball his junior summer -- my hunch is that he leaves Wisconsin Academy and comes back to WI Swing. They have two good prospects from Waunakee (Listau and Steffen), plus solid guards from Burlington (Klug) and Appleton Xavier (Plamman). That would be a great team with the addition of Hauser. I believe the dads, Hauser, Listau and Steffen all played college ball together in MN.

I'll be up in MN for the NY2LA this weekend as well. Love this time of year.

feedback