[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Sam Hauser  (Read 126797 times)

MuMark

• All American
Re: Sam Hauser
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2014, 10:51:23 AM »
According to media reports he has grown 2 inches and was the best player at the Lebron camp this summer……
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  Jul 10
Sam Dekker has been really, really good thus far here at LeBron James Camp. Consistently assertive, making shots, defending, passing, etc.
Reply  136 Retweet  99 Favorite
Favorited by Wisconsin Academy

Reply  29 Retweet  33 Favorite
Retweeted by Jon McNamara and 2 others
 Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello  Jul 10
Sam Dekker has consistently been the best player here through two days.
Reply  122 Retweet  82 Favorite
Retweeted by Fran Fraschilla
 Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS  Jul 10
Sam Dekker was listed as 6-7/220 last year. He measured 6-9/229 earlier this week here in Vegas. Really looks terrific.
Reply  106 Retweet  46 Favorite
Lots of folks here in Vegas commenting on how big Sam Dekker looks. Wisconsin staff told me he’s grown 2 inches since the end of the season.

brandx

« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2014, 11:08:46 AM »
According to media reports he has grown 2 inches and was the best player at the Lebron camp this summer……
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN  Jul 10
Sam Dekker has been really, really good thus far here at LeBron James Camp. Consistently assertive, making shots, defending, passing, etc.
Reply  136 Retweet  99 Favorite
Favorited by Wisconsin Academy

Reply  29 Retweet  33 Favorite
Retweeted by Jon McNamara and 2 others
 Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello  Jul 10
Sam Dekker has consistently been the best player here through two days.
Reply  122 Retweet  82 Favorite
Retweeted by Fran Fraschilla
Sam Dekker was listed as 6-7/220 last year. He measured 6-9/229 earlier this week here in Vegas. Really looks terrific.
Reply  106 Retweet  46 Favorite
Lots of folks here in Vegas commenting on how big Sam Dekker looks. Wisconsin staff told me he’s grown 2 inches since the end of the season.

And he went head-to-head with Lebron part of the time. The added height was what prompted my comparison to Chandler (besides the similarity of their games - specifically how both can make things happen off the dribble.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2014, 11:34:22 AM »
Agreed, but nobody here is talking about anyone on the Marquette roster as a lottery pick.  And for the Parsons comparison, he was SEC player of the year and still was only a mid 2nd round pick.  I think Dekker is very good, I think its probably in his best interests as a player with professional aspirations to leave after this year, but I don't see him as a lottery pick without a BIG jump this year.  I do think he'll benefit from Kaminsky taking alot of attention off him, but was there ever a time last year that Dekker took over a big game?

I am guessing that he will be in the 20-30 range if he enters the NBA draft next year. 

Mobot

• Team Captain
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2014, 01:23:47 PM »
Steve Stricker is from Stevens Point?

Nope....

Keith Warren is from Stevens Point.  Stricker is from Edgewood.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2014, 03:02:40 PM »
Stricker actually is from Edgerton...and he is the best professional golfer in the state

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2014, 09:15:30 PM »
He will need to get a LOT better to play in the NBA. A lot.

I think most would agree that he probably would have been drafted somewhere between 25 and 45 this year. So, not really accurate at all.

Wadesworld, I think it's unfair to judge Dekker by his ppg. Wisconsin had a ton of scorers this past season. He won't score more than 15-16 this year. Doesn't say much about him as a player.

He will be better in the NBA where he can get out in the open court + having a better creator at PG

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2014, 11:46:58 PM »
Mark Miller
‏@WisBBYearbook
Coaches from Marquette traveled to Stevens Point today to visit with 2016 WF Sam Hauser, the state's top-ranked junior.

8:22 PM - 16 Sep 2014
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2014, 11:54:44 PM »
I saw #1 jr in Wisconsin and thought he would be a 5
Star. I'm surprised 247 has him at a 3 star

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2014, 12:10:38 AM »
With 12 guys back the following year, Hauser is a nice addition, no pressure for him to play as a freshman which might be a problem.  He will be 13th man probably.  Good shooter, might
get some time against a zone.

Fisher/Heldt
Ellenson?
Burton/Levin/Ellenson
Wilson/ NN/ Dawson
Cheatham/JJJ/ Cohen

Sort of surprised they are not after a PF to take Taylors place on the roster?  Anyone of size being looked at in 2016?  Or is Wojo just trying to corral best player from Wisconsin
every year?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2014, 12:54:58 AM »
With 12 guys back the following year, Hauser is a nice addition, no pressure for him to play as a freshman which might be a problem.  He will be 13th man probably.  Good shooter, might

Fisher/Heldt
Ellenson?
Burton/Levin/Ellenson
Wilson/ NN/ Dawson
Cheatham/JJJ/ Cohen

Sort of surprised they are not after a PF to take Taylors place on the roster?  Anyone of size being looked at in 2016?  Or is Wojo just trying to corral best player from Wisconsin
every year?

Hauser may not be a banger yet, but his 6"6 and still growing. Give him a year with Todd Smith and he could play a decent post...with a shooter's touch.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2014, 09:05:42 AM »

Fisher/Heldt
Ellenson?
Burton/Levin/Ellenson
Wilson/ NN/ Dawson
Cheatham/JJJ/ Cohen

every year?

Levin is about the same size as STJ, and I think he'll probably play more 4 than 3, so he could fill that role.  Bring in Sam for 2016 and get a head start on his brother Joey for 2018.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2014, 09:29:44 AM »

Fisher/Heldt
Ellenson
Burton/Levin/Ellenson, Hauser
Wilson/ NN/ Dawson
Cheatham/JJJ/ Cohen

There. Got rid of the question mark after Ellenson and added Hauser.

Final Four or bust!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2014, 09:36:50 AM »
There. Got rid of the question mark after Ellenson and added Hauser.

Final Four or bust!

The question mark has to stay until November signing date, anything can happen, and yes I have a very reliable source saying he is coming.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2014, 09:47:46 AM »
The question mark has to stay until November signing date, anything can happen, and yes I have a very reliable source saying he is coming.

Just being an optimist!!

Whether or not I remove the ? won't change his decision. Nor will inserting Ellenson in my screen name!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2014, 09:54:40 AM »
Levin is about the same size as STJ, and I think he'll probably play more 4 than 3, so he could fill that role.  Bring in Sam for 2016 and get a head start on his brother Joey for 2018.

6'6" wings will no longer be required to play the post once Wojo gets all his own guys in.  Will it happen?  Sure.  But it won't be because we don't have other options to play down low.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2014, 12:45:10 PM »
Who's gonna be the first to rock some Hauser ink?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2014, 01:14:29 PM »
Who's gonna be the first to rock some Hauser ink?

ZFB has the name "SAM" tatted on his tail; does that count?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2015, 01:08:25 AM »
Wojo had an in home visit with the Hauser family on Friday.  Wojo is on Sam/Joe big time.  Bo is not to this point.  The parents and boys want to go to the same school.  This will be interesting especially if Sam blows up and Bo shows up sometime next fall.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2015, 01:32:50 AM »
Duhhhhh, I screwed up while trying to change my signature.  Is there anyway I can recover the evidence of my history on this site?
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2015, 08:15:43 AM »
Wojo had an in home visit with the Hauser family on Friday.  Wojo is on Sam/Joe big time.  Bo is not to this point.  The parents and boys want to go to the same school.  This will be interesting especially if Sam blows up and Bo shows up sometime next fall.

Good news.  I get the feeling around Madison that Bo is not concerned about current high school juniors, let alone high school freshmen, if you get my point.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2015, 08:49:07 AM »
Good news.  I get the feeling around Madison that Bo is not concerned about current high school juniors, let alone high school freshmen, if you get my point.

If this is true, I hope he coasts for a couple of years yet. It'd be hilarious if he destroyed the program he worked to build from scratch.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2015, 09:08:47 AM »

I find this hilarious. Wisco was all over last weekends live period. It's pretty common knowledge they are going after Willie Jackson for their 2016 choice A wing.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2015, 09:21:03 AM »

I find this hilarious. Wisco was all over last weekends live period. It's pretty common knowledge they are going after Willie Jackson for their 2016 choice A wing.

I didn't say their program, I said Bo.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2015, 09:48:31 AM »
Great, let them focus on someone else.  I'm cool with Wojo spending his time with the Hausers

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2015, 09:48:48 AM »
If this is true, I hope he coasts for a couple of years yet. It'd be hilarious if he destroyed the program he worked to build from scratch.

He isn't going to destroy his program.  They will continue to get good to very good players and they will develop into a very good basketball team.

Their last few years have been better than 99% of college basketball.  Their last 15 years, better than 95% (if not more)